Arrange view freezing

livingwell

Arrange view freezing

Post by livingwell » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:19 am

While in playback mode, I was playing with changing program numbers in NI massive between consecutive clips, and the volume level metering graphics in the arrange mode have frozen, even when I switch to session view and back. The playhead line does not follow playback and remains stuck where it is, no matter what is playing. The space bar will no longer start playback, but it will stop it. Clicking the stop and play buttons on the transport works. I cannot change the playhead position number manually from the transport. Double clicking the stop button does not return to the beginning of the song. I can zoom and click on clips or playback positions to start playback from there, but this does not update the playback position displayed on the transport. I can also change the loop selection without problems. I tried to click the loop mode button to turn off loop mode and it remains yellow, but playback is not looping. I don't remember whether or not it was looping before I clicked it. Clicking the follow playback button turns the button on and off but does not update the arrange view. Restarting live resets the problem but it eventually reappears after I start messing around with the song again. I can't pinpoint the cause to any specific change I'm making though.

[mal]

Re: Arrange view freezing

Post by [mal] » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:46 am

Hi Livingwell,

I cant reproduce this problem on windows 7 using massive 1.3.0.2050.
- In your preferences, what is your default "Default launch Quantization" for clips set to?
- Does this happen sending program change to other plugins than massive?
- Does this happen in other projects when using massive?

We would need more information if it is plugin specific problems you are seeing or if it is related to the project.

Best,
Mads

livingwell

Post by livingwell » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:03 am

[mal] wrote:Hi Livingwell,

I cant reproduce this problem on windows 7 using massive 1.3.0.2050.
- In your preferences, what is your default "Default launch Quantization" for clips set to?
- Does this happen sending program change to other plugins than massive?
- Does this happen in other projects when using massive?

We would need more information if it is plugin specific problems you are seeing or if it is related to the project.

Best,
Mads
Default launch Quantization is Global.
I am on a Macbook Pro with osX lion. I wrote a simple song that reproduces the problem. I split a midi clip into many adjacent pieces in the session view and looped the first 3 pieces. I ran the track through massive 1.3.0.2050 with a program list that included 14 different programs from various directories, including user directories. I was trying to change program numbers while playing the loop. The first piece was set to program 5, the second to program 4, and the third is set to "none." The freeze happened when I tried to change the program number for the first clip from 5 to 3 in the clip info section.

Update: The freeze also happened while playing a looped section with program changes and then I clicked on the track number. Interestingly enough, when I tried to add a redux plugin after the massive, the freeze stopped while I was dragging the plugin, but returned after adding the fx.
Then I tried dragging a sugar-bytes effectrix plugin and noticed that when the freeze was occurring, the plugin gui wasn't updating visually to show the changes I was making (didn't have this problem with massive). I then duplicated and tried to freeze the track so I could use it without freezing the session view, but it got stuck on freeze and wouldn't let me cancel. So I had to force quit live. Then when I reopened it, the track showed up as frozen but no audio. So I unfroze and refroze it and it worked fine.

[mal]

Post by [mal] » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:53 pm

Hi Livingwell.

Please go the the menu 'help' and select 'get support'. Please zip the project you see here with the project where you have the freeze reproduced and send it to support@ableton.com.
With your described steps I am unfortunately still not able to reproduce the freeze.

Best,
Mads

livingwell

Post by livingwell » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:11 am

[mal] wrote:Hi Livingwell.

Please go the the menu 'help' and select 'get support'. Please zip the project you see here with the project where you have the freeze reproduced and send it to support@ableton.com.
With your described steps I am unfortunately still not able to reproduce the freeze.

Best,
Mads

Ok. Thank you. And thanks for trying. :)

[mal]

Post by [mal] » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:40 am

Hi Livingwell,

With teamviewer we will have a better of finding out what is happening on your system since it is not a general application problem. I will lock this thread since support is in the loop.

best,
Mads