Ableton Cloud?

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
brADHD

Ableton Cloud?

Post by brADHD » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:50 pm

I was just thinking, how awesome would it be to be able to collaborate with other people that you can invite to your workstation? I think it would work really well if you could log into your ableton account, and then you could have friends, and you could invite them and be able to work with them on your song. I see it as being a feature built into the ableton client. What do you guys think?

mauronedj

Re: Ableton Cloud?

Post by mauronedj » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:02 am

+1

fedexnman

Post by fedexnman » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:00 pm

+1 Thats really a great idea and a way for Abelton to make more money . Me being more of a guitar,bass,vocals, with drum samples type of guy , would love to collaborate with electronic musicians. Seeing I like that kind of music too . I guess you could exchange projects with DropBox , but I think Ableton Cloud would be a hit. Ableton could do a 5GB Free account and then have a yearly subscription with more storage and more features . They could turn a good profit off this and folks can back up there music projects and samples to the cloud !! What an excellent idea !!

tone61

Post by tone61 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:10 pm

I guess Share that came with Live8 was the first step to this direction, but maybe Ableton changed their mind about how collaboration should be done.

If you want to try this collaboration idea now, OhmStudio is in *free* beta phase.
It doesn't have all functionality that Live has, but it probably gives you good idea of how this collaboration could work.
They are offering a version which will be valid life time. The price last month was 150€ and it's supposed to get more expensive every month.

https://www.ohmstudio.com/