Which soft synths?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
mozzatron

Re: Which soft synths?

Post by mozzatron » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:47 am

dazzer wrote:
mozzatron wrote:Definitely get Komplete. It has everything you said you are looking for

Also check out Sylenth for some great sounds, very easy to tweak presets and make them your own, and also extremely intuitive interface
I own and love Sylenth but with no current 64bit Mac version and nothing on the horizon concerning future development, I wouldn't recommend buying it now.

Yeah, Lennar needs to pull his finger out!

kevwestbeats

Post by kevwestbeats » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:01 am

I came to live with a nice choice set of plug ins so I haven't really touched any of the ones that are native to live. i don't like getting used to using native plug ins in DAWs because if i decide to use something else then I miss out on a tool that I really like. That and to me the whole fun part of using a vst host is to use vsts. If I wanted to use native stuff I would just use Reason.
http://www.KevWestBeats.com
http://www.YouTube.com/DjKevWest
http://www.Facebook.com/KevWestbeats
http://www.Twitter.com/KevWestBeats

Live 9, Komplete 9, Maschine MK2, IK Total Studio, XLN Audio Addictive Keys and Addictive Drums, All of FXpansion's fx.

The Carpet Cleaner

Post by The Carpet Cleaner » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:57 pm

komplete 8 (maybe ultimate) + Maschine.
Load and play.

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:56 pm

Also with Komplete you get Guitar Rig. Lots of powerful fx in there. Recommended.
Ableton | Elektron

Music

Sebastian

Post by Sebastian » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:31 am

thank you!
Live Suite 9, RME Fireface 800, Mac Book Pro, Sierra

login

Post by login » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:29 am

I would get Zebra 2.5, it has very large libraries and a very broad sound posibilities, very realistic stuff also.

It's light on CPU, it includes an fx plugin and it's in constant development.

Then later you can add a sampler or just buy libraries for live.

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:20 am

Sebastian wrote:Thanks. Tough choice. I need variety of solid real instruments, basses, drum kits, orchestral, world/Latin percussion, pianos, and also lots of synths and electric basses. I write all kinds of genres......

hmmmmmm?
It sounds to me like Omnisphere will cower all your wishes, exept just one: its a bit heavy on the cpu. But it has 8 parts, so you can use 8 presets at the same time on one vst instance. And in Live they can have their own tracks too. This way its possible to make a whole composition out of just 1 Omnisphere vst instance alone.

Its a lot easier and better for your workflow to learn one synth then many.

darkenedsoul

Post by darkenedsoul » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:39 pm

ze2be wrote:
Sebastian wrote:Thanks. Tough choice. I need variety of solid real instruments, basses, drum kits, orchestral, world/Latin percussion, pianos, and also lots of synths and electric basses. I write all kinds of genres......

hmmmmmm?
It sounds to me like Omnisphere will cower all your wishes, exept just one: its a bit heavy on the cpu. But it has 8 parts, so you can use 8 presets at the same time on one vst instance. And in Live they can have their own tracks too. This way its possible to make a whole composition out of just 1 Omnisphere vst instance alone.

Its a lot easier and better for your workflow to learn one synth then many.
He could do the same thing with Kontakt 4 or 5 and its large library no? I still think K8 best option other than Live Suite and learn native instruments (pun intended). And isn't there some form of restriction with regards to the sounds in Omnisphere? Same goes for Atmosphere (never tried this or Omni, I have Zero-G Morphology from way way back....).
http://www.darkenedsoul.net - main website
Ableton Live 8.x/9.x : NI Komplete 8 : Home built 4690K 16GB 500GB SSD, 1TB 7200, 2x2TB.

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:13 pm

No ones mentioned just getting Reaktor.
Reaktor is fantastic and the User Library is full of knock off Hardware synths and Software synths.
Granted there are a LOT of Instruments and FX in the Reaktor UL that are not that great, BUT htere are A LOT that are completely AMAZING.
Another great thing about Reaktor is if you desire to build your own you can. If your not interested in building you dont have too, yet you will have access to SO many soft synths and drum ensembles, pianos, etc, things that most people arent using because they stick with popular stuff Like Massive FM8 Zebra and Omnisphere. In a since Reaktor offers originality.
ALSO it's fairly easy to learn how to customize things so you can route multiple outputs into Ableton etc.

The Stephan V synths are incredible.
Limelite is AWESOME
Space Master is a killer reverb.
Lurker!

There is just SO much stuff with Reaktor it's over the top, STILL.

darkenedsoul

Post by darkenedsoul » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:16 pm

Oh Yea, Reaktor....lol. Yes, there is a lot of content in tne UL and there are some really good ones (and some folks lock their designs so you can't peek under the hood of them.....) and there are some meh ones. Lots of things to choose from as you mentioned. I have grabbed some in the past and need to eventually go revisit the library. I have not tried making anything (tough to make something that's already out there unless you know you can do it better - which isn't me at the moment lol) and should get off my lazy ass and go through some of the tutorials for it and their other instruments I have (Komplete 8 update recently...5+ hrs of install onto my lappy....).

But yes, another one to look into.
Ableton Live 8.x/9.x : NI Komplete 8 : Home built 4690K 16GB 500GB SSD, 1TB 7200, 2x2TB.

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:00 pm

Guys, did you even read one word of what he is asking for here?

Sebastian: I have tried all the synths and samplers mentioned here. And from analyzing your posts, I think Omnisphere is the closest to what you need, if you still want just one vst.

keefbaker

Post by keefbaker » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:57 pm

Mister36 wrote: Collision (AAS Chromsphone and String Studio respectively, and their Ultra Analog is pretty much Analog).
Sorry but chromaphone is a LOT more than just Collision.

Collision's ok but you can do quite a bit more with chromaphone.

darkenedsoul

Post by darkenedsoul » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:06 pm

ze2be wrote:Guys, did you even read one word of what he is asking for here?

Sebastian: I have tried all the synths and samplers mentioned here. And from analyzing your posts, I think Omnisphere is the closest to what you need, if you still want just one vst.
Yes, and I suggested Kontakt since it has synths, drums, etc and isn't too bad on the CPU, and can do multiple MIDI tracks for individual instruments per MIDI channel, i.e. Kontakt on 1 midi track, 3 more tracks with chan 2-4 and set up in Kontakt = would work for them.

Reaktor also has lots of options/ensembles for free from the user library (drums, synth, fx, et al), so what's the issue? He asked what one would be good, we suggested some (along with Omnisphere). But keep in mind about the restrictions that Spectrasonics puts on their products in regards to using them for commercial usage/sell your music. That turned me right off once I read that and there was much discussion about it (here and elsewhere if I recall).

Warrior Bob

Post by Warrior Bob » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:50 pm

darkenedsoul wrote:But keep in mind about the restrictions that Spectrasonics puts on their products in regards to using them for commercial usage/sell your music. That turned me right off once I read that and there was much discussion about it (here and elsewhere if I recall).
Whoa, what's this? I didn't find anything using the search.

The closest I could find on Google was this page, which basically says you can't distribute samples you make with their instruments. Music is unrestricted.

XSIMan

Post by XSIMan » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:27 pm

U-HE Zebra HZ is the best software synthesizer it was used for the Batman films. Zebra HZ is Zebra with Diva filters and other stuff added.

Omnisphere is great too I use that for the sounds I can't get with U-he synths. Omnisphere can use over 1.5 GB of ram just for one preset I prefair the sound quality of Zebra and DIVA, ACE.

U-HE synths combined with Omnisphere and Trilian is the killer combination. 98% of the Inception movie was U-HE Zebra thats the word from Hans Zimmer.
Last edited by XSIMan on Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.