NI Maschine Sale!!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
23kon

Re: NI Maschine Sale!!!

Post by 23kon » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:38 pm

Zero B wrote:Although I will admit Maschine is shit hot for programming beats that can be then bounced and thrown into Ableton.
For exactly that reason, only £199 for Mikro is a good deal.

I have an Akai MPD32 with thicker pads that I love but one thing that annoys me is remembering whats on what pad or currently looping pads etc. That's what makes maschine interesting ... and the new MPC's (with their multicoloured pads) even more interesting
---

starving student

Post by starving student » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:53 pm

two important facts allot of people gloss over are these:

1. the mpcs 1.0 feature set includes almost all of the features in Native instruments request forum :lol: , and thats for a products 1.0 release…… me likey!!

2. the software for the ren is not entirely handled by akai, for some reason all the people toting the 'akai software is terrible banner
keep overlooking that tiny little minute point. The people akai have outsourced the coding to are top notch mofos who know what the frack they are doing.

3. this is a great time to scoop up a cheap maschine, to be honest maschine and komplete make a great module to sequence with your mpc. just know that the mikro only has midi through usb, no din…

humnumb

Post by humnumb » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:06 am

JuanSOLO wrote:
toxictobi wrote:NI stated, that they will support the old controllers, even if there will be a new one
Maybe they said that, but thats not what they did with Kore, a lot of Kore users felt screwed.
They did say that: "We are of course always looking into ideas for developing the Maschine hardware. However, it’s important to note that current compatibility with the existing controllers will always remain an important focus for us. "
http://www.native-instruments.com/forum ... stcount=10
And it has nothing to do with Kore users feeling butthurt about a discontinued product that still works. In fact, emotions aside, discontinuing Kore was a very necessary move on NI's part and it ensures that all other NI products, and especially Maschine, will be around for a long time to come.

23kon

Post by 23kon » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:14 am

"...current compatibility with the existing controllers will always remain an important focus for us."

They don't say "full compatibility" though.
If they were to release a Maschine 2.0 with new features (e.g. 25 keys/sliders/x-fader etc) these could be implemented in the software too but just not usable on the original Maschine. However these things would be accessible in the original by drilling down and extra steps - just not instantly hands-on.

Starving Student is definitely right to feel positive about Akai releasing something that fulfils the wishlist of Maschine since way earlier versions and the 1.8 update of Maschine hardly adds much to tempt me once the Akai's are released.
---

humnumb

Post by humnumb » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:11 pm

23kon wrote:"...current compatibility with the existing controllers will always remain an important focus for us."

They don't say "full compatibility" though.
If they were to release a Maschine 2.0 with new features (e.g. 25 keys/sliders/x-fader etc) these could be implemented in the software too but just not usable on the original Maschine. However these things would be accessible in the original by drilling down and extra steps - just not instantly hands-on.
Seems clear enough to me. It's no different than how they can add additional controllers like the Mikro and still maintain compatibility with the software even though the Mikro cannot do everything that the regular Maschine controller can.
23kon wrote:Starving Student is definitely right to feel positive about Akai releasing something that fulfils the wishlist of Maschine since way earlier versions and the 1.8 update of Maschine hardly adds much to tempt me once the Akai's are released.
Not at all interested in Akai's $1300 platic controller with a questionable soundcard and software. The fact that they made that big ass controller into a dongle so that the software won't even run unless it's connected to the computer comes across as a desperately cynical move.