First attempt at a dubstep type tune

Share your tracks with other users.
Ill Frequencies

First attempt at a dubstep type tune

Post by Ill Frequencies » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:38 pm

First ever attempt at a dubstep type track, did it as part of a competition that BHK samples is doing. Download their free sample packs andv make a tune that includes at least one of the samples. So I set myself a challenge to only use their samples and this is what I came out with. Tried to do a lot of processing and resampling so it wouldn't just be me arranging samples

Any feedback would be great.

http://soundcloud.com/scrubbly/degrees

JMFOne

Re: First attempt at a dubstep type tune

Post by JMFOne » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:48 pm

Need to EQ some sounds mate-it sounds very muddy/cluttered.
15" Apple Macbook Pro, mid 2012, 2.6GHz 8GB RAM 750GB HD, Ableton Live 9.2, Virus TI Polar

Ill Frequencies

Post by Ill Frequencies » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:07 pm

JMFOne wrote:Need to EQ some sounds mate-it sounds very muddy/cluttered.
Thanks for the tip, any sounds in particular? Or just the whole thing in general?

JMFOne

Post by JMFOne » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:35 pm

Yeah just had a re-listen-at your first drop (about 1min in) a few synths clash and almost sound out of tune. You have some good use of panning but the whole track sounds drenched in reverb and maybe cluttering your mix.

Its definitely too many sounds in one place mate-hard to say which in particular need mixing.
Your kick and snare sit nicely where they should but your synths in the background could do with some mixing. Id def ease on the reverb though and that may give you some headroom back.

Hope that helps
15" Apple Macbook Pro, mid 2012, 2.6GHz 8GB RAM 750GB HD, Ableton Live 9.2, Virus TI Polar