make that money, make make that money baby!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
nathannn

Re: make that money, make make that money baby!

Post by nathannn » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:35 pm

beats me wrote:Fellas!! FELLAS!! Madeon is setting the standard here. He’s released like 2 original songs and 5 remixes in the past 2 years and through just that has been invited to play at festivals. That type thing happens so frequently in the industry that you’d be an idiot to not believe you’re on the cusp of doing the same.
i believe that. :lol:

im assuming this original poster is a kid himself and he has no real bills to pay which if this is the case and his music is up to par! then who cares let him go for it.

also to the op IF YOU WANT A SERIOUS UNBIASED OPINION POST YOUR MUSIC HERE UNDER YOUR CURRENT SCREEN NAME, you already have our attention so we will listen. Dont be a chicken shit about it!!!!
its a horrible idea to grab peoples attention and then post under another name.. look at the link your music section no one listens!
if you post it under some new name its just going to get lost with all the other stuff out there.
and post something now, im not going to listen a month from now neither will anyone else.

maybe this is a bad idea since you cant grasp marketing. its like apple getting everyone excited about a new tv only to change their name to xerox so no one will be biased.. are you kidding me???
Last edited by nathannn on Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:41 pm

funken wrote:Let me know when you're famous and I'll feature you on my website.
become famous and I might check out his web site.

nobody wants to see anyone fail. talk is cheap, everyone wants the glory, nobody wants to do the work.

OP - you'd probably get more help with your tunes and the Live performance of them if you posted them under this login. any press is good press. just don't react to trolls and be cool from here on out. you worked the room, use it.
nathannn wrote:
lasersounds wrote:
QUANCE wrote: If you have any real questions that might actually help to propel your music career, id love to answer them. Ive played 200 shows a year for 4 years, and it was only through shitloads of hardwork, genuine REAL hardwork just like a real job, that got me where i am.
ok i have a real question, so you can only pull in 25 people to the club? what now? where do you go from there (assuming the music is not the reason for a lack of audience).
my guess - book the same gig at the same place over and over. you're just a tool to sell drinks. if you can do that and not be an asshole then the door is wide open. one bar owner knows another. or the guy that runs sound tells you about another open night etc. I don't think it's that complicated, it's just hard, thankless, soul crushing, tiring, unpaid work during party hours.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

QUANCE

Post by QUANCE » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:09 pm

nathannn wrote:
beats me wrote:Fellas!! FELLAS!! Madeon is setting the standard here. He’s released like 2 original songs and 5 remixes in the past 2 years and through just that has been invited to play at festivals. That type thing happens so frequently in the industry that you’d be an idiot to not believe you’re on the cusp of doing the same.
i believe that. :lol:

im assuming this original poster is a kid himself and he has no real bills to pay which if this is the case and his music is up to par! then who cares let him go for it.

also to the op IF YOU WANT A SERIOUS UNBIASED OPINION POST YOUR MUSIC HERE UNDER YOUR CURRENT SCREEN NAME, you already have our attention so we will listen. Dont be a chicken shit about it!!!!
its a horrible idea to grab peoples attention and then post under another name.. look at the link your music section no one listens!
if you post it under some new name its just going to get lost with all the other stuff out there.
and post something now, im not going to listen a month from now neither will anyone else.

maybe this is a bad idea since you cant grasp marketing. its like apple getting everyone excited about a new tv only to change their name to xerox so no one will be biased.. are you kidding me???

lol... first you all say that i dont know what im talking about with the mention i had about social media marketing and that it doesnt work and now you say this?

believe me... when i release a track it is going to have an internet audience of over 100k. its nice to have your bestfriend and potential manager run one of the bigger blogs on the internet.

im asking here for information on the salaries and incomes of other DJs and somehow this turned into you making me prove myself. believe me, it will happen.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:18 pm

Are you Dane Cook's second wave?

:x

littlepig

Post by littlepig » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:15 pm

QUANCE, you talk a good game. Maybe your skills would be better applied in a career in marketing.

QUANCE

Post by QUANCE » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:07 am

When I book coachella 2014 I'll revisit this post and send you all free tickets.

No joke much love. I appreciate the criticism sarcasm and overall shitting on.
Im not sure if you are all naturally pessimistic but honestly
It's going to reflect into your own work and progression not mine.

Tighten up your attitude and you might tighten
Up your tunes.

I'll link you guys some stuff when it's finished mastering. If it sucks
You can say I told you so and No one wins.

If its tight then we all get better as a group on this forum and continue to make
More connections, hear new sounds, and
Help further each others careers.

Cheers.

littlepig

Post by littlepig » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:29 am

Actually QUANCE you complain about sarcasm but I think this forum has been rather gentle with you (as it is with most people).

There are plenty of place where you would get much harsher treatment. :lol:

sparklepuff

Post by sparklepuff » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:35 am

I play full time, been touring the US and Europe for almost a year, got a 7.6 on Pitchfork, one of NPR's top albums of the year, and I don't make shit for money. So good luck.
Guitar | Synths | Samplers | Ableton @ Phantogram & Big Grams

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:16 am

I think I could hear the bubble burst...
:lol:

Rationalizer

Post by Rationalizer » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:06 pm

Here's some great thoughts from Dom Kane about how effective the social media marketing really is.
http://domkane.posterous.com/producer-t ... -musicians
WIN8.1 x64 | Suite 9.5 x64 | RME FF400 | UAD-2 | Maschine 2 | SparkLE | Mopho | Blodeld | Komplete 9 | Ebony A2 | Adam A7 | Launchpad | Waves Diamond V9 | Many VSTs

Facebook | Youtube | Soundcloud | Beatport

QUANCE

Post by QUANCE » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:32 pm

sparklepuff wrote:I play full time, been touring the US and Europe for almost a year, got a 7.6 on Pitchfork, one of NPR's top albums of the year, and I don't make shit for money. So good luck.

why do you think that is

sparklepuff

Post by sparklepuff » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:06 pm

Because it's fucking expensive to do this shit. Plane tickets, hotels, gas, vehicle repairs, broken gear that needs to be replaced by tonight's gig in a city 450 miles away, paying your booking agent & manager & PR company, getting a sinus infection on the road and having to see a walk in clinic, paying a crew of 8 for 4 music videos in a year, paying back the advance for your album and your publishing deal. Just off the top of my head.

But sounds like you and your Facebook buddy will get you rich and famous in no time. You should quit your job.

sparklepuff

Post by sparklepuff » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:16 pm

lasersounds wrote: First and foremost, I can tell by how astonishingly stupid your question is, that you will, without a doubt, fail horribly.

dude rancher

Post by dude rancher » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:07 pm

the odds say you stand a better chance of winning the lottery. go buy a lottery ticket every week in addition to writing songs. btw keep the day job.

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:48 pm

hey dude... quit your job... sounds like you can afford it...
just charge a lot for your shows and you're good to go...
good luck !