iPad

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
H20nly

Re: iPad

Post by H20nly » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:47 pm

beats me wrote:Jobs home burgled.

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/08/14/ste ... ty-stolen/

:x
60grand is like 2 iMacs and an iPad right?
Best comment ever, I suspect H20nly is behind it. :lol:

don't be ridiculous! i know that with 60 grand you could also buy a couple of pro apps and a log ride shaped perch with speakers in it.

o0o

Post by o0o » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:51 pm

when an ipad is backed up on a computer through itunes, where is the backup located on the hard drive?
rabbit

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:14 pm

My $2 Asian made iPhone bumper broke. Go figure. :x So I ponied up for a $10 case, even though the new iPhone is probably coming out in about a month and I’ll be hopping on that train. It’s just hard for me to accept that the iPhone won’t get scratched to shit without some kind of protection.

Once I retire my iPhone 4 I will be finally slapping on the Steve Jobs back plate and displaying it in a place of prominence.

Which makes it make even less sense for me to buy a case for it now if I am going to be replacing the back plate soon anyway. Fuck off. :x

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:49 pm

1 year of iPhone use and no case. Ever so slight nick of the glass on one corner. Other than that? Flawless.

I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:59 pm

Walmart.com has $100 iTunes gift cards on sale for $80. The code is emailed to you and there’s no tax charged. Done and done.

rikhyray

Post by rikhyray » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:27 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:1 year of iPhone use and no case. Ever so slight nick of the glass on one corner. Other than that? Flawless.

I am still using GS because I love the design so much more, dont want to spoil the pleasure of seeing, touching this Meisterstück of design . Fallen many times, even on the streets (getting out of the car, several times)- no scratches or cracks. With iPad is another story, I like using it with smart cover better then without. Put the plastic shell sometimes too, recently got similar shell for MBP but that only for some rough gigs, it makes MBP look and feel like a PC notebook (meaning disgusting).

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:22 pm

So now the rumor is nothing more than the new iPhone will be announced Sept. 12th, no mention of iPad Mini or Apple TV. That’s bull crap. Things sound pretty solid for the iPad Mini but they won’t mention it yet and will wait for closer to the holidays. That’s no way to fuck your competition. Announce it even if it’s not going to be released for several months and watch sales of competitor mini tabs slow to a snail’s pace. Or say nothing, have people buy competitor mini tabs, and get pissed when you drop the announcement in a couple months.

Komodovaran

Post by Komodovaran » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:59 pm

beats me wrote:Walmart.com has $100 iTunes gift cards on sale for $80. The code is emailed to you and there’s no tax charged. Done and done.

You should resell them for infinite profit.

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:13 am

Komodovaran wrote:
beats me wrote:Walmart.com has $100 iTunes gift cards on sale for $80. The code is emailed to you and there’s no tax charged. Done and done.

You should resell them for infinite profit.

I'll probably blast through that $100 in under 2 weeks (which only cost me $80).

In other news

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIRBxRls ... embedded#!

Seriously, today my coworker was showing me pictures of the vacation he just took and literally half of them were of food. WTF? Why are people doing this?!? :x

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:24 am

Waldorf app creeping ever closer

http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/exc ... pad-557380

Sexy

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:23 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIRBxRls ... r_embedded#!

Seriously, today my coworker was showing me pictures of the vacation he just took and literally half of them were of food. WTF? Why are people doing this?!?
Oh so relevant, no matter how true it is or not, at least the connection between food pics and unhappiness.
Anyway, if someone were showing me pics of food, I wish they would look at me seriously and say "Look at this. I PUT THIS IN MY BODY"
I want to see them having some sort of stunned look as they say it. And then they just look at you waiting for you to reply.
ImageImage

Komodovaran

Post by Komodovaran » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:01 pm

Holy shit. Just now. The MagSafe connector saved my life (that is, my MacBook) 8O

Had this been your standard cheapo laptop, it would've not only taken a dive into the floor, but also obliterated into a million pieces due to the cheap plastic casing.

Thank you Apple, for inventing the MagSafe :x

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:11 pm

Komodovaran wrote:Holy shit. Just now. The MagSafe connector saved my life (that is, my MacBook) 8O

Had this been your standard cheapo laptop, it would've not only taken a dive into the floor, but also obliterated into a million pieces due to the cheap plastic casing.

I don’t know what the details are there but on more than one occasion I tried to strangle myself with my MBA power cable and God spoke to me through the MagSafe connector disconnecting that it wasn’t my time yet.

Komodovaran

Post by Komodovaran » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:45 pm

beats me wrote:
Komodovaran wrote:Holy shit. Just now. The MagSafe connector saved my life (that is, my MacBook) 8O

I don’t know what the details are there but on more than one occasion I tried to strangle myself with my MBA power cable and Steve spoke to me through the MagSafe connector disconnecting that it wasn’t my time yet.

That is a heartwarming story... which I had to fix, in accordance to reality. God doesn't exist. :x

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:24 pm

I wonder if the Logic development team works in a small shed off campus and therefor is easily forgettable by the executive team. I know Logic doesn’t have a predictable frequent upgrade cycle, but it feels like its way overdue, especially with other DAWs adopting Live-like features. And no other DAW developer has the resources that Apple does. What gives? :x