Live + APC40 + Maschine + Komplete 8 Ultimate

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
thegoodsirjames

Live + APC40 + Maschine + Komplete 8 Ultimate

Post by thegoodsirjames » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:22 am

Hi everyone
Firstly please excuse the newbie questions. I KNOW parts or all of it are answered all over the place, believe me, I have spent hours looking. The problem is I am such a newbie that I don't understand the tech words used in the answers! My question is as follows;

1. I want to use the APC40 to control Live, so I don't need to be looking at the screen and clicking on the mouse the whole time. This I think is simple. But at the same time:
2. I want to load the Maschine up with Komplete 8 ultimate
3. When I play all the sounds and loops on the Maschine, I want them to record as midi in Ableton, using the instruments from Komplete 8 (ie Ableton doesn't just import the patterns from Maschine and then assign them to its own instruments, it uses the Komplete instruments). So the sound I hear from the Maschine is the same I will hear when I play back from Live. But I want them as Midi so I can edit more easily than audio, also so I can choose whether to keep the original instrument, change it, layer it, etc.
4. Sometimes I want to play the Komplete instruments in Maschine and have Ableton record them as audio.

I think this is all possible. Am I right? Note, I am not asking you to tell me how to set it all up (unless you have time of course) - I will happily keep reading the manuals etc, trying to figure it out. But first I just want to know whether it is possible so I have a reason to keep putting in the hours! :D

Hey, thanks in advance, really appreciate your help!

thegoodsirjames

Re: Live + APC40 + Maschine + Komplete 8 Ultimate

Post by thegoodsirjames » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:46 am

Bump! Come on, pwetty pwease.....anyone?

sounddevisor

Re: Live + APC40 + Maschine + Komplete 8 Ultimate

Post by sounddevisor » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:37 pm

To keep it very short - yes, all the things you are asking about are possible. However, numbers 3) and 4) are probably not possible at the same time - you're going to have to have a somewhat different set-up within Ableton to get either of those options working.

I was going to direct you to this thread (viewtopic.php?f=4&t=144164) but it looks like you've already seen it. You're on the right track, keep at it and you will get it figured out!