iPad

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
beats me

Re: iPad

Post by beats me » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:15 pm

H20nly wrote:you seriously have almost 60GB of apps?

that's a problem brother... and not one having to do with disk space.

Oh I’ve got way more than that. And I agree it’s a problem. But also take into account that some of the more detailed games that are almost console quality can weigh in at over 1G. HD movies can be 4G. Toss in music and TV shows and it fills up pretty quickly.

Plus I still don’t trust the cloud and I always operate like the zombie apocalypse is going to hit any minute. The first to go when that happens will be the cloud. I will continue to be entertained for a long time with my contingency backups and apps I got on the cheap to be messed with later.

:x

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:53 pm

beats me wrote:Plus I still don’t trust the cloud and I always operate like the zombie apocalypse is going to hit any minute. The first to go when that happens will be the cloud. I will continue to be entertained for a long time with my contingency backups and apps I got on the cheap to be messed with later.

And here I thought an acoustic guitar and a machete would be enough.

Unsound Designer

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:54 pm

^ don't forget duct tape and tuna. :idea:

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:50 pm

NOTE TO APPLE:

I LOVE THE ASPECT RATIO OF THE iPAD SCREEN AND UNDERSTAND THE PURITY OF INTENT.

HOWEVER, I'M SICK TO FUCKING DEATH OF THE BLACK BARS AT THE SIDES WHEN AIRPLAY MIRRORING.

FUCK THE ASPECT RATIO AND EXTEND THE LENGTH LIKE WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING WITH THE iPHONE.

I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

Komodovaran

Post by Komodovaran » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:39 pm

They should make it extendable, like an accordion.

But without the tramp playing it.

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:46 pm

Rumor: Apple is trying to partner with Time Warner Cable for live TV broadcasting on the Apple TV similar to how it did with AT&T for the first iPhones. That’s not great and all because Time Warner isn’t a national company. The closest would be Comcast. Time Warner isn’t even where Apple HQ is, FFS. :x

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:42 pm

:lol: AT&T isn't [really] a national company either... but they still did it. oh, you can argue that they are... but their coverage argues the other side of that debate.

anything to do with a cable company is two things
1. Over priced
2. Not supported with my money

Netflix, Crackle, and Vudu FTW!

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:17 pm

H20nly wrote::lol: AT&T isn't [really] a national company either... but they still did it. oh, you can argue that they are... but their coverage argues the other side of that debate.

anything to do with a cable company is two things
1. Over priced
2. Not supported with my money

Netflix, Crackle, and Vudu FTW!

I didn’t know what shit cell coverage is until I took my AT&T iPhone to New Orleans. At a music festival texting my friend asking him where he was at the place which took it 5 minutes to send, 20 minutes for him to receive, and then the same from his response. 50 minutes after the fact neither of us were in the same location. FUUUUUUCK! :x

Cable companies are making a killing renting their proprietary boxes. There’s no way they are going to hand that over to Apple. :x

I really wish people would quit bagging on Netflix. Even with their rate increases it’s still very reasonable compared to what it costs to go to a theater or subscribe to a premium cable channel. They’re pioneers in movie and TV streaming but as soon as some other company shits out an (inferior) alternative the public, industry, and media goes and shits on Netflix. :x

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:35 pm

I'm quite pleased with the quantity of new shit Netflix adds to streaming every week.

Shit....I've got so many items in my queue that it would take me 5 lifetimes to watch it all.

I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:53 pm

^ same here.

i haven't got a DVD from them in 2012, but i still pay for that part of the service. even paying double due to the feature i'm not using... i still feel like i'm getting a better deal than... shit, anything out there.

$18 bucks vs. 120+ = no brainer. i haven't seen a commercial on the TV in my home in nearly a decade.

i agree with beats... Netflix is getting picked on... but somehow... i don't think it even matters. hell just in the past 2 months i've convinced 2 people to sign up for it. one with a Roku and the other with a Wii. both are happy.

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:39 pm

About the only thing I use Netflix for DVDs for is new releases. Shit, I’ll read about a movie that isn’t coming to theaters for 3 months or see a preview for a movie that’s hitting the theaters this week and I’ll put it straight in my Netflix queue. Set it and forget it. I’ll recall it when Netflix shows the release date and then it’s all about top of the queue.

And lets not forget NEW SEASON OF ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT IN 2013 ONLY AVAILABLE BY NETFLIX STREAMING. :P

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:44 pm

Still prefer my Kindle Touch for reading (size, weight). Only semi-downside is that I got a case with a built-in light so I can read in the dark, but even with the case it’s still substantially lighter than the iPad. But Amazon just announced the Kindle Paperwhite that added a built-in front light that solves that issue. Curious how well that works.

Of course an iPad Mini would make me jump ship entirely.

Rumored the next iPod Nano will be more like a mini iPod Touch, getting rid of the small square (wear it as a watch!) design they have now.

So if all rumors are to be believed Apple will essentially have 4 different rectangular sized touch screen devices. A bit much? A bit like the desperate move of competitors? :x

434Live

Post by 434Live » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:46 am

Anyone have news on that next Nexus phone? If anyone actually cares about Android.....
Anyone know any clubs you can get into when you're 15?

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:16 am

434Live wrote:Anyone have news on that next Nexus phone? If anyone actually cares about Android.....

Yes you've come to exactly the right place. I'm sure someone will be along any minute now to help you out.

Unsound Designer

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:25 am

You'll be able to slap iOS 6 on your iPad Wednesday. :P

I can't wait to checkout flyover (only available on the new iPad I believe). Is Siri coming to the iPad with iOS 6? :x