Exporting stems issue

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
xander1290

Exporting stems issue

Post by xander1290 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:09 am

Hey guys,

Im having a bit of trouble exporting these stems out of ableton. I guess I dont have a problem actually bouncing them out its when I get them back in where I run into some issues. When I throw the stems back into ableton for mixing they never seem to line up correctly or the clips arent as long as when i exported them regardless of what I do in the export process. As far as what I have read and watched, im doing everything exactly correct. I hope this makes sense, its pretty late and ive been irritated with this issues for hours lol any help is appreciated!

Alex

luddy

Re: Exporting stems issue

Post by luddy » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:16 am

some things to look for:

when you're bouncing, assuming you're using the 'render' dialog, make sure that the start and end points are what you think they should be.

turn warping off (by default, in preferences, if you like, but otherwise on the clips themselves when you drag them into Live). pull out the right edge of the clip to make sure it wasn't cut short when dragged into the project for some reason.

if you have any kind of live audio insert (send/return to external hardware), that obviously won't work with offline render.

kind of vague, but not much to go on in your OP.

hth,

-Luddy

xander1290

Re: Exporting stems issue

Post by xander1290 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:52 am

The warping was totally it. Thanks so much!