Mountain Lion Issues?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
tecgen

Re: Mountain Lion Issues?

Post by tecgen » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:08 am

- Terratech phase26USB: Pain in the ass, since is soooo old... :-): anyone experiencing whatsoever issues?
The Terratec Phase x24 FW and Terratec Phase 24 FW both excellent sounding Firewire soundcards are working without probems so far. I didn't not install any driver or additional software. I read somewhere that the Terratec control panel software is not working on Lion or Mountain Lion since it needs Rosetta.

Masquerade

Post by Masquerade » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:40 pm

Thanx for your reply mate!
What is rosetta?

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:25 pm

Masquerade wrote:What is rosetta?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosetta_%28software%29

thisisart

Post by thisisart » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:45 pm

I guess I'm the first with a significant problem in the application's native processes... ?

In scene mode, The master launch buttons don't always change the tempo at times. It will lag, then it will finally switch. I should make a video showing what it does. MBP 13" late 2009 model (2.26 c2duo) with Mountain Lion 10.8.2.

Also, I've never "crashed" on a live set (glitches, etc), and the other night it totally did some bizarre stuff. I do run a bizarre setup, but, its always worked without flaws (150+ shows since 2008). I have to admit that I added a piece of hardware to the equation, and I'm hoping that was the problem (well, no, I'm hoping it was a 1 time thing that will never happen again). But regardless, I'm somewhat weary of ML after the two experiences. If you want to know more about this crash experience I can go into detail but I would have to explain a lot more than what I'm wanting to go into.

Honestly, the reason I'm here is because I wanted to see if anyone else had any troubles because I finally had one. Bummed, just got signed onto a big booking agent and the last thing I need is a new unstable live setup. :(

Art Webb (This is ART)

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:28 pm

Masquerade wrote: - Ableton live: should run smoothly if upgraded to 8.3.1 and above?
- M-Audio Axiom 49: driver support in M-Audio website shows support is available up to OSX 10.7.4, the device is said to be class compilant: is this the case also under mountain lion?
i just got an iMac about two weeks ago. i updated the OS and Live and installed an Axiom 25 (classic not PRO). everything is working fine so far.

abluesky

Post by abluesky » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:58 am

Absolutely no problems, latest 32bit live, Apogee One, Maschine, some plugs.