giving some old tracks the kiss of life

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
david.barker

giving some old tracks the kiss of life

Post by david.barker » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:11 am

Hello its me again :D

Had this idea the other day of,using some of my Reason tracks,and bits of unfinished tracks,and remixing them into Live :idea:

So,what would be a good way of starting?I have never done this before.

Am I better off to use Reason rewire and sample directly into Live,or to go into Reason and create some audio files?

(I have used rewire, before,but not for re mixing),

I understand that this method,would be in effect multi track audio recording.But was thinking of using a few sounds from the Reason track only.

Suggestions and any help would be appreciated,(In the mean time Im going to experiment)

Cheers!
Last edited by david.barker on Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dell Optilplex 9010,Windows Pro 10 10 64 bit .16GB ram, Intel i5 3570 chip,@ 3'40GHz 4 cores
1TB SSD main drive, external drive 6TB SSD for various Kontakt libraries

https://soundcloud.com/ambientdavemusic

rosti

Re: giving some old tracks the kiss of life

Post by rosti » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:21 am

I would just render all the mixer channels to separate audio tracks (assuming, you can do that in Reason.) and just play with them in Live.

brotip: Search youtube for some Tom Cosm glitching tutorials for ultimate audio manglery. ;)

david.barker

Re: giving some old tracks the kiss of life

Post by david.barker » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:22 am

rosti wrote:I would just render all the mixer channels to separate audio tracks (assuming, you can do that in Reason.) and just play with them in Live.

brotip: Search youtube for some Tom Cosm glitching tutorials for ultimate audio manglery. ;)

Thanks Rosti

Woah!! You work fast,I only just posted,ha,ha :D
Dell Optilplex 9010,Windows Pro 10 10 64 bit .16GB ram, Intel i5 3570 chip,@ 3'40GHz 4 cores
1TB SSD main drive, external drive 6TB SSD for various Kontakt libraries

https://soundcloud.com/ambientdavemusic