Screenshots of Live 9

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Fanu

Re: Screenshots of Live 9

Post by Fanu » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:29 pm

To all people going all "Oh this is so unexciting; is that all?", I'd say my best guess is they've been uploading a bunch of videos showing a lot of different features, and one – about compressors + the EQ8 – was accidentally left "public" instead of "private".
I bet there's a whole lot more than that.

Waiting for the day they all are released.

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:42 pm

chapelier fou wrote:
3dot... wrote:this is soooo unexciting... :x
This is soooooo just a few devices' demos amongst many other things.
that's sooooo relieving... :lol:

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:51 pm

Interestingly the video shows the old browser and the new one in places.

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:01 pm

I don't know...
looks like the new browser... while nicer on the eyes... requires more screen space?
I would really like to see what they improved in the workflow department..
Live was up for a big re-think in the details...
the new fx stuff is welcome (and look good) of course...
but I'm interested in other stuff concerning Live9
I can live without ANOTHER compressor.
show me something I hadn't already seen ffs...

Hidden Driveways

Post by Hidden Driveways » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:22 pm

Considering that the killed off Compressor I and Compressor II to make Compressor, it's surprising to see a new Compressor added in. A move away from minimalism on Ableton's part. Interesting.

Anyhow, this is good stuff. The new EQ8 looks super useful. I'm excited for more unknown goodies!

Linear Phase

Post by Linear Phase » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:24 pm

JMFOne wrote:Finally some news. Looks like they have really learnt alot from the FabFilter team. I was just about to buy the mastering bundle but definitely won't now.

I hear that!! One can not buy any plugins now, until they see what is going on!! All my upgrades, "with the exception of **Renoise." Are now on complete hold. All my software purchases are now on, "complete hold."

** Very soon, this year or next, I do have to upgrade my Renoise License, that is a given.
Linear Phase has left the building..

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:31 pm

They show the plug in list in the browser in the video, and it looks like the only new plug in (at least in that portion of the video) is the Glue Compressor. Who know how long ago that was made though.

araz

Post by araz » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:32 pm

Tarekith wrote:Interestingly the video shows the old browser and the new one in places.
I think it's always showing the new browser expect that in some screenshots, the left part is cut-off from the picture...

Araz

Linear Phase

Post by Linear Phase » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:33 pm

3dot... wrote:I don't know...
looks like the new browser... while nicer on the eyes... requires more screen space?
I would really like to see what they improved in the workflow department..
Live was up for a big re-think in the details...
the new fx stuff is welcome (and look good) of course...
but I'm interested in other stuff concerning Live9
I can live without ANOTHER compressor.
show me something I hadn't already seen ffs...

+ 9,543,243

I'm drowning in compressors!! Drowning.... And, "this is terrible lol," but in a recent moment of weakness I purchased the DCam Dynamics Pack.. Now I am just drowning in compression!! However.. I wonder what is going on with the filters in Live. And I want to see what kind of production tools Version 9 has... What kind of new audio bouncing, slicing, rendering if any? What kind audio engine work, what kind of sample rates!!

I am tired of desert!! "compressor, filter, phaser." I want a nice dinner!! I want some news!

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:49 pm

^ this is the very nature of frustrations with a leak. It's not the final word. All of this could have already changed, and things could have been added or dropped. But nevertheless, let's keep going with the conjecture, mainly because I love a good 99-page thread.

Oh and remember, "no one needs a vocoder...it's unthinkable" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWokLw6dR6U

XPM

Post by XPM » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:53 pm

I think you guys might be missing the fact that ableton themselves have not confirmed or denied ANY features of live 9 yet. This video appears to be one of a series unveiling different features within the major update that they will undoubtedly release when they are good and ready. If this was intentionally released, I'd have expected to find the Ableton homepage absolutely riddled with information. It appears that they must be pretty close to some kind of reveal, but until that reveal occurs, any information regarding the prescence or lack thereof, of the features that you want to see, would be pure speculation (of the kind that has been popping up on this board for the last 3 years). Lets wait to see what else they have up their sleeves before getting outraged by the things that have been leaked, eh?

Neurojazz

Post by Neurojazz » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:57 pm

I used to have dual monitor in a different daw and found that the lateral mouse movement played hell with my wrist after a while - And being used to Ataris/Reason etc... never really saw the issue with what some people called a 'cramped' workspace - saying that, undocking for moments when it's nice to see greater amounts of information would be great for those that want it (or macros for opening it in a larger way)

The other thing a lot of friends go on about is the ability to draw curves in the automation - this is something i can see being a bit 'unprofessional' compared to plugins that are around that operate in a nicer way than the daw itself!!!

The Scaling of the UI is also useless in A8 - I can see people really hoping that the coders are listening to the bug bears of the community to round this off into an amazing release into a fully fledged 'Adult' daw.

The 64bit beta will have to do in the meantime ;)
http://www.cloudkillers.com - Free SoundCloud promotions!

Linear Phase

Post by Linear Phase » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:04 pm

Dual Monitor is actually unimportant to me as well... Todays 32 inch computer monitors are extremely inexpensive.. and I find, "one big monitor," to be more flexible than a two monitor setup.. Even on my 21.4 inch monitor, I almost have enough room, to have two open applications, nearly side by side... and still be usable..

bencodec

Post by bencodec » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:06 pm

Hmm, looks like the "Back to Arrangement" button is missing. They have probably completely gotten rid of the Arrange view. :roll:

Loving the new Library view! It will be a huge improvement and could radically reduce the learning curve for new users.
Macbook Pro unibody 2.2 Ghz Quad i7, 16GB RAM, 512MB graphics, 500 GB SSD, 500 GB HD, Mac OS 10.8
http://www.bangbang-nyc.com

Coupe70

Post by Coupe70 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:39 pm

There will be no more new features than the ones shown in the video.
And it is the upcoming free Live 8.5 update.
Phongemeinschaft (Live-ElectroJazz / NuJazz)
Homepage - youtube - Like! :-)
Live 9 (32Bit), HP DV7, i5 2,53GHz, 8 GB RAM, Win7 (64Bit)