re up of live 9 video!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
locojohn

Re: re up of live 9 video!!

Post by locojohn » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:49 pm

nebulae wrote:Mad props for including The Glue. I've used that on every song in the past couple of years, and I think it's a fantastic bit of code. Congrats to Cytomic and Ableton for coming together on that.
Well, for instance I already own the Glue plug-in. Do you think I feel excited to pay extra for it included in Live 9?!

Andrejs
/*
  • the basic tone of life remains the same,
    and in it there are some happy melodies
    and some sad melodies
    - sekito kisen
*/

fedexnman

Post by fedexnman » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:02 pm

locojohn wrote:
nebulae wrote:Mad props for including The Glue. I've used that on every song in the past couple of years, and I think it's a fantastic bit of code. Congrats to Cytomic and Ableton for coming together on that.
Well, for instance I already own the Glue plug-in. Do you think I feel excited to pay extra for it included in Live 9?!

Andrejs

You could always sell your Cytomic " The Glue " plugin 2nd hand , not everyone uses Live .

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:04 pm

locojohn wrote: Well, for instance I already own the Glue plug-in. Do you think I feel excited to pay extra for it included in Live 9?!

Andrejs
Well, if, when the full feature set of Live 9 is revealed, you aren't interested in anything but a compressor you already own as a plugin, I don't see why you'd pay for it at all.

puzzlefactory

Post by puzzlefactory » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:04 pm

locojohn wrote:

Andrejs
You won't be paying extra for its inclusion. The price of live 9 would have been the same whether they decided to make a glue bus compressor or not.

locojohn

Post by locojohn » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:12 pm

puzzlefactory wrote:
locojohn wrote:

Andrejs
You won't be paying extra for its inclusion. The price of live 9 would have been the same whether they decided to make a glue bus compressor or not.
I honestly don't think so, but OK, thank you all for your replies.

I am sure we would all rather like to see some official response about Live 9.

Andrejs
/*
  • the basic tone of life remains the same,
    and in it there are some happy melodies
    and some sad melodies
    - sekito kisen
*/

tigali

Post by tigali » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:16 pm

Really impressed with what's in the sneak peek. Love the changes to EQ8 and Compressor. Excited about The Glue too. Can't wait to find out more, my pants are wet...

puzzlefactory

Post by puzzlefactory » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:17 pm

What I mean is, it's just part of the feature set. They could have made a new synth, or a new reverb or a harmoniser etc etc. Whatver they decided to include the upgrade price would still be the same.

login

Post by login » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:30 pm

mholloway wrote:jesus christ folks, if you're dumb enough to think that what is obviously one video covering one set of new features in an upgrade is actually the entire preview of the entire upgrade... well i'm surprised you're capable of using ableton at all, let alone turning your computer on.

+1000 I can't believe people make that conclusion.

studiologic

Post by studiologic » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:21 pm

kevwestbeats wrote:
agent314 wrote:This was a promo of changes to a few Live devices

Not a full-featured reveal of everything they've been working on

But feel free to take your ball and go home anyway
offended? I am just surprised in the years it has taken to develop Live 9 and all they came up with were updates to the fx. I would have loved to seen a new mixer, some additions to midi editing features maybe an update to the drum rack a new drum synth just a few ideas. The glue compressor looks useful but there are already tons of glue fx out there.
DAMN!!! how long have you been an Ableton Live user? 5 months? please do not come here with that BULLSHIT... ok? MR. REASON CAN DO ANYTHING THAT ABLETON LIVE AND VST/I CAN!!!!

to be honest... with your 5 months experience with Ableton Live... i think you should learn the features in version 8 first before thinking of version 9!!!

dont be offended!!!

so tired of reading this KevWestBeats guy sh!t... forgot my own point...

when Live 9 is release... i would think that the first splash screen would read LIVE 9... with fireworks... and big booming horns, string sections to boot... with the slogan... LIVE 9 IS HERE!!!

just wondering is X-mas to soon for Live 9!!!

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:55 pm

T-Top wrote: 64 Nit Support
8O

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:38 am

Forge. wrote:
T-Top wrote: 64 Nit Support
8O
thats headlice right?
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

Fledz

Post by Fledz » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:17 am

T-Top wrote:Curved Automation
Multiple Monitor Support (Separate Clip View and Arrangement View or whatever else you want to put in another monitor)
64 bit is actually on the way amazingly. If these other two mythical improvements ever make it in, prepare for the apocalypse. The end of days is near! :lol:

synnack

Post by synnack » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:09 am

T-Top wrote: Online collab projects (In BitWig you can work on a project online with another person at the same time)

Local collab: Be able to jam with more than 1 MIDI keyboard at once locally
Are you sure about this? Even the bitwig site says "Features coming after the 1.0 release" for those things. Which could be 10 years from now.
MBP | Live 9 Suite | Max for Live | Push | MOTU Ultralite | iPad | Analog Modular Synths | Moog Voyager
aka "Tempus3r" | Music | Blog | Twitter | Soundcloud

William

Post by William » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:11 am

tigali wrote:Really impressed with what's in the sneak peek. Love the changes to EQ8 and Compressor. Excited about The Glue too. Can't wait to find out more, my pants are wet...
+1

I think it's encouraging that it looks like real, useful improvements are being made over just gimmicky features
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/rimby

i7-3770K 3.5GHz
16GB RAM
256GB SSD, 1TB 7200HD

Windows 8

Live 9

petit nuage

Post by petit nuage » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:12 am

all these news are exiting for sure...BUT my only hope is just to have a rock solid timing with an improved PDC !!!