Seen the front page? Live 9 is here :o

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ilya.soloviev

Re: Seen the front page? Live 9 is here :o

Post by ilya.soloviev » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:52 pm

3 Years for that...........audio to midi, couple of new plugs, a controller umm..automation curves in clips..new browser....3 Years???

don´t know..i was very happy for a moment...but after thinking about it and beeing frustated by the upgrade pricing...and beeing frustrated by waiting since 3 years..and..mmmhh.. actually i´m not happy no anymore
Well, at least Logic users are still waiting :lol:

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:56 pm

friend_kami wrote:
tbh, considering the clusterfuck that was L8, previous suite owners should get a free update.
We were already compensated for that - we got AMP! :lol:

h4nc0

Post by h4nc0 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:57 pm

no VST3...?

Labalaia

Post by Labalaia » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:58 pm

ilya.soloviev wrote:
Well, at least Logic users are still waiting :lol:
:lol: well that true...but now i´m really wondering what they´ve been doing for the last 3 years

siliconarc

Post by siliconarc » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:59 pm

Labalaia wrote:3 years..and..mmmhh.. actually i´m not happy no anymore

puzzlefactory

Post by puzzlefactory » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:00 pm

Labalaia wrote:3 Years for that...........audio to midi, couple of new plugs, a controller umm..automation curves in clips..new browser....3 Years???
A lot of that time was spent fixing the bugs in Live 8. Don't you remember the announcement Ableton made, saying that all work on new features was to be suspended whilst they do bug/stability fixes on Live 8?

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:05 pm

Sarrova-Q wrote:
Arrangement view is still there, watch the vids!
They're talking about automation in clips also being available directly when you drag to arrangement and so on ...

I'm VERY happy they didn't go to Novation instead.
Ever compared Novations rotary encoders of the SL series to the APC40's? Well I did and there just is NO comparison.
Akai feels professional, rugged, trustable - Novation feels plastic, flimsy and too low quality ... (mind you, I'm talking about the encoders - the other Novation knobs feel okay, faders is again less great)
Yeah, I wasn't really concerned they'd *removed* the Arrangement view - I just found it strange that they downplayed it so much.

I agree on the quality of AKAI vs Novation - the only Novation product that has seemed proper to me, is the Launchpad. But I assume that Ableton would require a certain standard for a product with their logo on it. I can't imagine anything like the shitty toy encoders on Impulse would have been accepted.

synnack

Post by synnack » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:06 pm

puzzlefactory wrote:
Labalaia wrote:3 Years for that...........audio to midi, couple of new plugs, a controller umm..automation curves in clips..new browser....3 Years???
A lot of that time was spent fixing the bugs in Live 8. Don't you remember the announcement Ableton made, saying that all work on new features was to be suspended whilst they do bug/stability fixes on Live 8?
Not only that but people dramatically underestimate the amount of work involved to go 64bit. So much important code has to be rewritten. And Ableton didn't just do this for Live 9, but even for Live 8 users. That's a massive undertaking.
MBP | Live 9 Suite | Max for Live | Push | MOTU Ultralite | iPad | Analog Modular Synths | Moog Voyager
aka "Tempus3r" | Music | Blog | Twitter | Soundcloud

Surreal

Post by Surreal » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:06 pm

This is pretty solid. What would make this even more solid would be if they announced that all fo the functionality of Push was accomplished through M4L.

I might buy push, but I would REALLY love the ability to make my own with max for live. That was the dream when it was announced so long ago.

Labalaia

Post by Labalaia » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:08 pm

puzzlefactory wrote: A lot of that time was spent fixing the bugs in Live 8. Don't you remember the announcement Ableton made, saying that all work on new features was to be suspended whilst they do bug/stability fixes on Live 8?
Yeah your are right...we should feel honoured to pay another 250 bucks to finally get a working software with features that were really cool like 5 years ago...

Allright..i should stop moaning now

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:15 pm

BANGARRANG Ableton!!!!!!!!!!

aizo

Post by aizo » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:20 pm

The extract midi from audio is HUGE for me.

So let's see what's going on the ole bay today....

APC40
Launchpad
Maschine

super stoked but damn $234 for live Suite 9? I already bought M4L and have Suite 8. Dats a bit of a sting.
ImageImage

wascal

Post by wascal » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:30 pm

aizo wrote:The extract midi from audio is HUGE for me.

So let's see what's going on the ole bay today....

APC40
Launchpad
Maschine
I'm already weighing up whether I can justify selling my VCM600, MPD16 and Launchpad to fund 9 Suite + Push. G.A.S in full effect :lol:
TTKK / NOODLES / iANDALE! / TIGERBEAT6 / HOT & HEAVY etc
http://www.soundcloud.com/wascal

njh

Post by njh » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:33 pm

owensands wrote:
Rotter3 wrote:Bitwig - where is your God now??
bitwig still looks better on paper then this sorry.

Where is all the bug fixes like automation timing?
i agree with you here.

locojohn

Post by locojohn » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:41 pm

I personally only hope that the announced features, or, rather improvements are only a [small] part of what's actually in there. IMHO, I didn't pay for audio to midi (I don't even remember people massively requesting it as a feature in Live 9?!). Also I hope The Glue compressor doesn't add much to the price, as I have it already.

Anyway, I guess it's too early jump to conclusions right now. However, the Ableton Suite 8 -> Ableton Suite 9 upgrade price is currently ridiculous. Must be some mistake indeed....

Best wishes

Andrew
Riga
/*
  • the basic tone of life remains the same,
    and in it there are some happy melodies
    and some sad melodies
    - sekito kisen
*/