link to forums

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
david.barker

link to forums

Post by david.barker » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:20 pm

Hi there :D

Where is the forum link?

Seems like someone made a mistake and forgot to add the link,forums are our way of keeping in touch etc

I've had to bookmark this forum page and use it that way

any ideas?
Dell Optilplex 9010,Windows Pro 10 10 64 bit .16GB ram, Intel i5 3570 chip,@ 3'40GHz 4 cores
1TB SSD main drive, external drive 6TB SSD for various Kontakt libraries

https://soundcloud.com/ambientdavemusic

Ableton_David

Re: link to forums

Post by Ableton_David » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:25 pm

Hi David - we removed the link to the forum as people weren't really using it. The majority of forum users get here either via Google search or via a bookmark link.

jonny72

Post by jonny72 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:27 pm

Ableton_David wrote:Hi David - we removed the link to the forum as people weren't really using it. The majority of forum users get here either via Google search or via a bookmark link.
Are you serious?

What about people that have never used the forum before and don't know it exists?
MacBook Pro 13" Early 2011 - OS X 10.7.4

Post by 102455 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:30 pm

Ableton_David wrote:we removed the link to the forum as people weren't really using it.
....and now they can't use it.

My route to the forum was always via the Ableton front page, click on the community button then the forum link.

In my opinion, people who visit the Ableton site need to be made aware that a forum exists. As it is now, they can't see it.

david.barker

Post by david.barker » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:46 pm

102455 wrote:
Ableton_David wrote:we removed the link to the forum as people weren't really using it.

My route to the forum was always via the Ableton front page, click on the community button then the forum link.

In my opinion, people who visit the Ableton site need to be made aware that a forum exists. As it is now, they can't see it.

I agree 100 percent :D

I used the route to the forums just like you,come on Abelton,please put the link back!! :cry:
Dell Optilplex 9010,Windows Pro 10 10 64 bit .16GB ram, Intel i5 3570 chip,@ 3'40GHz 4 cores

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:48 pm

Ableton_David wrote:Hi David - we removed the link to the forum as people weren't really using it. The majority of forum users get here either via Google search or via a bookmark link.
:lol:
Unsound Designer

david.barker

Post by david.barker » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:50 pm

Hi there

I used the link all the time,as do other people ,please can we have this link back?

I had to Book mark this page so I can post here,I visit more or less everyday.People are going to be upset having to Google each time we want to drop into the forums

You got a nice website look,and loyal customers, so a link to the new look,wouldn't hurt surely?

njh

Post by njh » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:50 pm

this forum is obviously something they regret being here.

moonpie

Post by moonpie » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:53 pm

Em.... maybe abes want to do it to temp shield the outer world (and potential new customers) from the strange fanboish/hateboyish world the abes forums are such a healthy mix of!

Threads like "Lives summing bus" make sense to everyone on the thread, as its a joke, while it would be strange and confusing to newcomers.

I think guys... we're being isolated for the time being. I can actually understand why.

I think Abes want a bit of a clean slate pushing Live 9, at least initially. All their support is now done directly instead of trawling through threads.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:53 pm

:lol: no doubt; maybe it's just temporary because of the 9 excitement.

But if you visit here everyday, why not either bookmark or the address bar which should auto-complete?
ImageImage

moonpie

Post by moonpie » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:59 pm

shadx312 wrote::lol: no doubt; maybe it's just temporary because of the 9 excitement.

But if you visit here everyday, why not either bookmark or the address bar which should auto-complete?

I think people just feel like a jilted lover! haha! This is Abes passive aggressive response. Theyve deleted our number. Unfriended us.

Well - if this isnt going to be the official Live forum anymore -

SHIT JUST GOT CRAZY!! THERE ARE NO RULES!! WE CAN DO WHAT WE WANT!!

ANARCHY REINS!

njh

Post by njh » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:03 pm

it has pretty much always been anarchy here. now they just hide us mutants from world

david.barker

Post by david.barker » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:11 pm

shadx312 wrote::lol: no doubt; maybe it's just temporary because of the 9 excitement.

yep I have Bookmarked this page :D

But to be honest,completely new people,to Live will only see is the Ableton new look website

And some people will think,"Oh there no forum",and they may not even think to google for it or even bookmark the page,lol

Im not one of those,I hasten to add,but know a few people just like my description,ha,ha :D

Oh and dropped the link onto my toolbar,in case I forget where the forum is,in all the excitement of discovering new things within Live ha,ha :D
Last edited by david.barker on Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:14 pm

david.barker wrote:
102455 wrote:

I agree 100 percent :D

I used the route to the forums just like you,come on Abelton,please put the link back!! :cry:
so did i.

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:15 pm

moonpie wrote: SHIT JUST GOT CRAZY!! THERE ARE NO RULES!! WE CAN DO WHAT WE WANT!!

ANARCHY REINS!
in other words, no change