I'm a little disappointed in Live 9.....

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
droidmike

I'm a little disappointed in Live 9.....

Post by droidmike » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:50 pm

I was hoping to be able to edit multiple parts in the MIDI editor like Studio One and the upcoming Bitwig Studio. That would make composing (in the traditional sense) a lot easier. I already knew that notation would be out of the question, but being able to see and edit multiple parts would be a decent compromise.

Oh well. Live 9 still looks like a WINNER.

Cheers!

Mike

Theo Void

Re: I'm a little disappointed in Live 9.....

Post by Theo Void » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:05 pm

Of course you are!
I'm a little dissappointed that long time customers who already own Live Suite seem to be getting shafted.

smaucher

Post by smaucher » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:16 pm

Theo Void wrote:Of course you are!
I'm a little dissappointed that long time customers who already own Live Suite seem to be getting shafted.
yep. this! I'm p***ed as well.
you start bleeding - I start sceaming
propaganda 1985

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:20 pm

Maybe it's not final yet. It seems like they still have to do some fixing with the website changes and a few months before 9 is out, so...there's time for change.
ImageImage

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:21 pm

this.

agent314

Post by agent314 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:22 pm

I'm pleased to see the features they've added but am kind of miffed at the upgrade price for existing owners of Suite+M4L

I was expecting at most $200 USD for upgrading, but to have it be 234 which will probably be close to 250 after all is said and done?

Seems a little much.

Jon-J

Post by Jon-J » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:34 pm

I have been with live since version 1.5 and they have only just got around to doing curved automation lines and adding per clip automation.

I can't say I am impressed too much, if you watch the video that reveals new things in Live, 2 of the 'new' features are improved sound and easier way to find samples...sigh!

When the video is stripped down to its 'new' features I cant say there is much to talk about.

agent314

Post by agent314 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:36 pm

"All they gave us were the two most frequently requested feature improvements jeez what assholes"

Jon-J

Post by Jon-J » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:54 pm

I gave the new features vid a second chance and sorry but all they have done is "improve" things!!

Nearly every other DAW has had these "improvements" for ages and ages. I can't remember how long automation has been a requested improvement and I will be very surprised if the automation improvements can top any other DAW since Ableton is still playing catch up.

To call this a v9 is a step too far.

Push looks cool - but users will have to pay through the nose for this hardware as well as pay for the improvements upgrade - and Ableton starts to struggle if you ask it to allow more than 3 midi devices to be connected without spending ages configuring things and wasting/losing valuable creative time

estevan carlos benson

Post by estevan carlos benson » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:04 pm

Jon-J wrote:I gave the new features vid a second chance and sorry but all they have done is "improve" things!!

Nearly every other DAW has had these "improvements" for ages and ages. I can't remember how long automation has been a requested improvement and I will be very surprised if the automation improvements can top any other DAW since Ableton is still playing catch up.

To call this a v9 is a step too far.

Push looks cool - but users will have to pay through the nose for this hardware as well as pay for the improvements upgrade - and Ableton starts to struggle if you ask it to allow more than 3 midi devices to be connected without spending ages configuring things and wasting/losing valuable creative time

It may be their investment in Push that has taken away from the potential of Live 9.
Live 9 Suite | M4L | MacBook Pro Quadcore 16gb ram | APC40
estevancarlos.com | The Handsomest Drowned Man

hps909

Post by hps909 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:46 pm

ok looks like i'll be constantly resizing panes till maybe live 10? one window interfaces blow ableton FFS.. everything else is nice but not earhtshatteringomgineeditnow!!!!ITR@%^^(#)*(
macbook pro 2.5 i5 os 10.12 , TC Electronik Konnekt 48, Live 9, Cubase 9, event 20/20, Waldorf Blofeld, roland tb-03, roland Jx-03, korg mikrokontrol, novation nocturn, akai lpd8

Dean09

Post by Dean09 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:53 pm

There are quite a few midi editing improvements. I am happy about those. Watch the midi editing video. Quite a few new packs. Drum machines now included with Live 8. Scene automation. Easier back to scene. I dont know I see a lot to like. Maybe they had to save something for v10!!
I would imagine the pricing may change. Its tsill a long way off to the actual release date

TheCoil

Post by TheCoil » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:28 pm

I'm thinking that now that they've gotten over the huge hurdles of 64-bit support and integrating M4L, as well as creating Push, they'll be able to devote more time now to addressing "smaller" users desires, like dual monitor, detachable windows, nested grouping, etc.

enomusic

Post by enomusic » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:40 pm

+ 1

Oh, and I also have Max4Live, so I'm getting double shafted, or double fisted if you will :x

Ableton_David

Post by Ableton_David » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:08 pm

hi everyone - just wanted to direct you to a post that addresses some of these pricing concerns: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=185933