Post your Live 9 upgrade path and price

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
kevwestbeats

Re: Post your Live 9 upgrade path and price

Post by kevwestbeats » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:25 pm

funken wrote:
kevwestbeats wrote:I only have Live standard. My ugprade to the suite right now is $194 I saw something saying my upgrade would otherwise be like $400 if I don't upgrade now. Seems like a no brainer to do it before the release.
Yeah but how much is your upgrade to 9 after upgrading to Suite? More than $206 I reckon. So better to wait, surely?
If I buy now its free. That's why I think its better to buy now. All new buyers get free upgrades
http://www.KevWestBeats.com
http://www.YouTube.com/DjKevWest
http://www.Facebook.com/KevWestbeats
http://www.Twitter.com/KevWestBeats

Live 9, Komplete 9, Maschine MK2, IK Total Studio, XLN Audio Addictive Keys and Addictive Drums, All of FXpansion's fx.

kevwestbeats

Post by kevwestbeats » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:27 pm

merges wrote:Yeah, this pricing is definitely wrong-headed and needs to be addressed. I'm writing to them too. They mustn't have thought this through.
I kind of agree. For the guys who have been waiting 3 or 4 years for an update I think they should get it for free or insanely cheap just for sticking around. $99 upgrades for Suite owners sounds about right to me. I mean I get a great deal but I got Live 8 as a Fathers Day present from the wife. I deserve to pay more I am new.
http://www.KevWestBeats.com
http://www.YouTube.com/DjKevWest
http://www.Facebook.com/KevWestbeats
http://www.Twitter.com/KevWestBeats

Live 9, Komplete 9, Maschine MK2, IK Total Studio, XLN Audio Addictive Keys and Addictive Drums, All of FXpansion's fx.

Gregory Wells-King

Post by Gregory Wells-King » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:27 pm

merges wrote:Snip of what I wrote in:

---
It seems from the thread that many Live 8 owners are being offered an upgrade to Live 8 Suite *now* for USD $104 with a free upgrade to Live 9 Suite.

I have Live 8 Suite and M4L, and my upgrade price is $234 to Live 9. So, the newer or less financially-committed customer pays less than half of what I need to pay to upgrade to the same product. What gives???
---

Edit: hopefully it's clear from the context that my upgrade is $234 to Live 9 *Suite*. But still it is more than double the cost of going from L8-L9Suite. Grumble.
+ 1 Yeah, I know how you feel, I'm the same, I own Live 8 Suite and M4L, I've been upgrading since version 5/6 I hope they address the confusion, and at the end of the day offer a pyramid of sensible upgrade paths as you should. if you pass the calculator I will do it for them. and I aint that good with math.

To offer a slight increased insentive to Intro customers is cool, as getting started is everyones favourite story, however loyal customers with full licenced heavyweight products should of course find the upgrades an easier ride overall. :roll:

B3

Post by B3 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:30 pm

I've used Live since version 2, have upgraded at almost every step, and own Live 8 Suite with Max 4 live -- I'm a loyal customer and a huge fan ... yet the "upgrade" price to Live 9 suite is $234.

Logic Pro 9 is $199 in the app store, is super stable, and has a working 32 bit bridge so I can use Sylenth and other 32 bit plugins. Solution: rewire Ableton 8 with Logic FTW?

I also own Melodyne and The Glue, so some of the new features in live are sweet, but I kinda have those bases covered already. Live 9 looks all shiny and everything, albeit with no dual monitor support and essentially the same interface. But I can't say I'm impressed with the "bend over and hold your ankles" upgrade pricing.

Dear Ableton: How about better pricing for your loyal customers? You really need to provide better upgrade pricing.

david.barker

Post by david.barker » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:30 pm

seenky wrote:249 euro (199quid) to upgrade from suite 8 to suite 9... shurely shome mishtake!?!
I for one won't be rushing to tip more money in their pockets if that's what's considered fair pricing for existing users. Seems like Bitwig might do quite well out of this if they play their cards right...
Think you should, (like I've done) write to support and complain

If more people write in,then things will get done,Im sure of it.Im on bread and water to save up the £200 for the upgrade :lol:

But seriously,Im hoping it will be much less than that soon, considering how upset Live users are!
Dell Optilplex 9010,Windows Pro 10 10 64 bit .16GB ram, Intel i5 3570 chip,@ 3'40GHz 4 cores
1TB SSD main drive, external drive 6TB SSD for various Kontakt libraries

https://soundcloud.com/ambientdavemusic

_seph

Post by _seph » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:33 pm

okay. the site update fixed the pricing a bit.

Suite 8 (boxed) + M4L to Suite 9 was $334 and now it is $234
Suite 8 (boxed) + M4L to Push + Suite 9 was $883 and now it is $783

I still feel that it should be a bit less for those of us that bought Suite 8 + M4L, but $234 isn't horrible which make Push $550 and that seems alright...

in general I feel it is all a bit steep and that a $99 upgrade price in addition to the cost of Push sounds much more reasonable. I'll be getting Push & Suite 9, but I'd feel much better about the purchase were it more like $650

psyndrome

Post by psyndrome » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:37 pm

This must be a bad joke:

Got the Suite 8 since January, 2012. And for an update to Suite 9 it should be +249€? What the hell? If this is so, I won't update. I mean, doesn't it look like a joke?

seenky

Post by seenky » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:46 pm

B3 wrote:I've used Live since version 2, have upgraded at almost every step, and own Live 8 Suite with Max 4 live -- I'm a loyal customer and a huge fan ... yet the "upgrade" price to Live 9 suite is $234.

Logic Pro 9 is $199 in the app store, is super stable, and has a working 32 bit bridge so I can use Sylenth and other 32 bit plugins. Solution: rewire Ableton 8 with Logic FTW?

I also own Melodyne and The Glue, so some of the new features in live are sweet, but I kinda have those bases covered already. Live 9 looks all shiny and everything, albeit with no dual monitor support and essentially the same interface. But I can't say I'm impressed with the "bend over and hold your ankles" upgrade pricing.

Dear Ableton: How about better pricing for your loyal customers? You really need to provide better upgrade pricing.
Have to say this is looking like quite an appealing option to me as well.

majais

Post by majais » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:50 pm

Haha, 199€ for upgrading from 8 (suite) +M4L to 9 (suite)? My absolute pain threshold is 129€! I also think 99€ would be correct for a long-time-user (I'm onboard since Live 2). 8O
Computer & Live 8 Suite

massenmedium

Post by massenmedium » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:52 pm

mauronedj wrote:If I sell my ableton live suite license for 300E and take another one whit the 25% off I still have a better price for the 9 upgrade...

COME ON ABLETON!
That's true.

But you'll need to find somebody to buy it...

elxicano

Post by elxicano » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:00 pm

massenmedium wrote:
mauronedj wrote:If I sell my ableton live suite license for 300E and take another one whit the 25% off I still have a better price for the 9 upgrade...

COME ON ABLETON!
That's true.

But you'll need to find somebody to buy it...
8O

I was thinking the same thing but yeah... who would buy??? Seriously, WTF???

I bought my upgrade to L8 Suite as soon as it was ready.... I ended up using L7 because of stability issues until the beginning of the year. I never sold my copy, but now I'm getting screwed over on the pricing.

Really?

benjamin bear

Post by benjamin bear » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:00 pm

L8 standard to L9 Suite: $179 ($232 boxed)

wasoota

Post by wasoota » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:00 pm

Yeah, the value of Suite 8 +m4L just dropped well below the value of Live 8 vanilla.

Live 8 to Suite 8/9 upgraders are effectively getting m4L free and a cheaper upgrade price than those that own already Suite and m4L. There's no amount of math or marketing that can make that make sense.

Meanwhile they're selling m4L (standalone) like there's no tomorrow. That product is EOL already, since it becomes part of Live9 Suite in a few months.

poonti

Post by poonti » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:05 pm

Abes should let us downgrade our Suite 8 + M4L to Live 8 Standard, of course with a nice credit in our account....and then we can re-upgrade to Suite 8/Live 9 for $179...that's the proper thing to do!! :mrgreen:

Rationalizer

Post by Rationalizer » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:06 pm

Upgrade from Suite 8 (dl) to Suite 9: 249€.
Upgrade to Push + Suite 9: 698€ (only 50€ less than the normal price).

Don't really know what to say to these prices.
WIN8.1 x64 | Suite 9.5 x64 | RME FF400 | UAD-2 | Maschine 2 | SparkLE | Mopho | Blodeld | Komplete 9 | Ebony A2 | Adam A7 | Launchpad | Waves Diamond V9 | Many VSTs

Facebook | Youtube | Soundcloud | Beatport