Post your Live 9 upgrade path and price

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
benjamin bear

Re: Post your Live 9 upgrade path and price

Post by benjamin bear » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:07 pm

also of note is that i have no upgrade path to live 9 standard

but at the same time i am not complaining since i wanted to get suite anyway

Ableton_David

Post by Ableton_David » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:08 pm

hi everyone - just wanted to direct you to a post that addresses some of these concerns: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=185933

Scotty Danger

Post by Scotty Danger » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:13 pm

Ableton_David wrote:hi everyone - just wanted to direct you to a post that addresses some of these concerns: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=185933
Here's what is says:
We've noticed some confusion about upgrade pricing for Live 9, and wanted to clarify things here.

To begin with, pricing in the Ableton web shop adapts according to products that a customer already owns - including versions of Live, Instruments, and Max for Live. As such, people who own different combinations will see different upgrade prices. Nevertheless, we see the confusion amongst customers, and will try to make our pricing as transparent as possible to everyone, as soon as possible.

Existing Suite 8 owners will be offered an exclusive introductory discount on upgrades to Live 9 Suite, to be made available upon release. This introductory discount is not yet shown on the website, as Live 9 Suite is not yet available. We apologize for any confusion or frustration from our oversight in not making this discount clear on ableton.com, and ask for your patience as we iron out the kinks in our new site.
So...anyone with Suite 8 will have their actual price revealed around the time of the actual release? Sounds good to me, I'm patient!
Apogee Duet 2, Jam / Macbook Pro - Lion / Waves RenMaxx / Suite 9
I make organic indie rock/pop with guitars and mics and stuff.

wasoota

Post by wasoota » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:13 pm

Ableton_David wrote:Existing Suite 8 owners will be offered an exclusive introductory discount on upgrades to Live 9 Suite, to be made available upon release. This introductory discount is not yet shown on the website, as Live 9 Suite is not yet available. We apologize for any confusion or frustration from our oversight in not making this discount clear on ableton.com, and ask for your patience as we iron out the kinks in our new site.
That is all I needed to hear. Why do you guys always wait for the mob with the pitchforks to show up?

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:14 pm

B3 wrote:Logic Pro 9 is $199 in the app store, is super stable, and has a working 32 bit bridge so I can use Sylenth and other 32 bit plugins. Solution: rewire Ableton 8 with Logic FTW?

Apple also has a lot more money.

But having said that, since Apple set the price of Logic to $199 and ditched the Express version I wonder if there will even be an upgrade price to the next Logic or if it will just be another $199. I have to admit I wouldn’t find that unreasonable. I think they killed upgrade pricing for their iWorks apps. Everybody just pays the same low price for the newest version.

I know Ableton doesn’t have the money or clout to do that exactly, but personally so we aren’t going through this mess of different pricing every damn time, if they kept their upgrade cycle to every 3 -4 years and just charged everybody something like $400 period, new user or old, I really wouldn’t have that big of a problem with it. And no watered down versions other than maybe Intro.

poonti

Post by poonti » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:27 pm

Scotty Danger wrote:
Ableton_David wrote:hi everyone - just wanted to direct you to a post that addresses some of these concerns: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=185933
Here's what is says:
We've noticed some confusion about upgrade pricing for Live 9, and wanted to clarify things here.

To begin with, pricing in the Ableton web shop adapts according to products that a customer already owns - including versions of Live, Instruments, and Max for Live. As such, people who own different combinations will see different upgrade prices. Nevertheless, we see the confusion amongst customers, and will try to make our pricing as transparent as possible to everyone, as soon as possible.

Existing Suite 8 owners will be offered an exclusive introductory discount on upgrades to Live 9 Suite, to be made available upon release. This introductory discount is not yet shown on the website, as Live 9 Suite is not yet available. We apologize for any confusion or frustration from our oversight in not making this discount clear on ableton.com, and ask for your patience as we iron out the kinks in our new site.
So...anyone with Suite 8 will have their actual price revealed around the time of the actual release? Sounds good to me, I'm patient!
Ok, that's a lot better than that kokamimi downgrade/upgrade thing I wrote up there! Thank's for clearing up!

Also, will the new upgrade price for Suite8+other stuff (m4l) owners include a better Push/Live 9 discount? That's what I'm most interested in.

B3

Post by B3 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:30 pm

beats me wrote:
B3 wrote:Logic Pro 9 is $199 in the app store, is super stable, and has a working 32 bit bridge so I can use Sylenth and other 32 bit plugins. Solution: rewire Ableton 8 with Logic FTW?

Apple also has a lot more money.

But having said that, since Apple set the price of Logic to $199 and ditched the Express version I wonder if there will even be an upgrade price to the next Logic or if it will just be another $199. I have to admit I wouldn’t find that unreasonable. I think they killed upgrade pricing for their iWorks apps. Everybody just pays the same low price for the newest version.

I know Ableton doesn’t have the money or clout to do that exactly, but personally so we aren’t going through this mess of different pricing every damn time, if they kept their upgrade cycle to every 3 -4 years and just charged everybody something like $400 period, new user or old, I really wouldn’t have that big of a problem with it. And no watered down versions other than maybe Intro.
Yeah, I was really just complaining about the Live 9 upgrade pricing I was seeing. However, my complaining will disappear if we are given better upgrade pricing as Ableton is now saying.

ian_halsall

Post by ian_halsall » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:34 pm

There's an arbitrage opportunity here.

We can make a fortune...

alex808

Post by alex808 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:04 pm

italy

suite8 to suite9 ---> 249€ 8O

fabrice segura

Post by fabrice segura » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:47 pm

france

live8+ max for live> suite8 to suite9 : 59 euros

the bite

Post by the bite » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:23 am

spain
Live 8 + max for live
179 euros to upgrade to Suite 8

Riley333

Post by Riley333 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:54 am

$234.00 Upgrade to 9 Suite M4L

Live 8 Download

Live 7

Live 6

Live 5

Live 4

Live 3

Live 2

Product

Collision

Skiddaw Stones

Retro Synths

Electric

Tension

Analog

Drum Machines

Max for Live

Latin Percussion

Amp

Operator

Sampler
HP DV7 4295us, i7 2630QM, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, 1TB Internal, Windows 7 64bit Ultimate,RME Firface UC,Ableton Live, Sonar X1, Maschine.

aqua_tek

Post by aqua_tek » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:12 am

I have live 8 standard + m4l

My options:

A- Upgrade to live 9 standard: $159 (not knowing if I'd be able to use my "old" m4l license with it)

B- Upgrade to live 8 suite (download) and free live 9 suite: $194

C- Upgrade to live 8 suite (boxed) and free live 9 suite: $247

For just $35, option B insures I can use m4l with live 9 plus I get all other instruments. Seems like a no-brainer.

Sounds like pretty standard full number upgrade pricing.

Ghost Mutt

Post by Ghost Mutt » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:28 am

I have boxed 8 with a dl upgrade to suite and this is what i was presented with

bhairav7

Post by bhairav7 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:55 am

I have Live 8 + Operator.

My options:

Upgrade to Live 8 Suite - $164
" to Live 8 Suite (boxed) - $217

Upgrade to Live 9 Standard (coming soon) - $159
" to Live 9 Suite (coming soon) - $399

For what's available to me I'll definitely upgrade immediately for the first mover discount. Can anyone point to why to pay more for boxed if you can download all of the same sounds for free?