will you upgrade?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
david.barker

Re: will you upgrade?

Post by david.barker » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:11 pm

Napole0n wrote:
funken wrote:
Napole0n wrote:I upgraded today thanks to the cheap Live 8 > Suite 8 > Free Suite 9 offer :)
Congratulations, you are the first official upgrader! A true pioneer and we are all jealous. Bastard! :D

Well, I still have to wait for the release of Live 9 obviously, but at least I now get Live 8 Suite to play with :)

Live 8 suite is the dogs you know what,lol

Live 9 will be great too,hoping their is another look at the pricing stategy for loyal customers of Live

€150 is a fair upgrade price, (as mention) but €250 seems steep 8O

looks like Im on bread and water for a bit,saving up,ha,ha :D
Dell Optilplex 9010,Windows Pro 10 10 64 bit .16GB ram, Intel i5 3570 chip,@ 3'40GHz 4 cores
1TB SSD main drive, external drive 6TB SSD for various Kontakt libraries

https://soundcloud.com/ambientdavemusic

Napole0n

Post by Napole0n » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:18 pm

funken wrote: so when do you get it?
Q1 2013 like everyone I suppose. I now have Live 8 vanilla, will be downloading the upgrade to Live 8 Suite tonight.

mr lovely

Post by mr lovely » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:33 pm

Really disappointed about Live 9 - no improvements to the UI, but at least some improvements for the sound engine.

Can't see what all the fuss about Push is about - who wants to pay £500 for another controller, when the software only does the same thing (ok, we've finally got curves - great). And who want's a step sequencer with only 8 steps - even the 808 had 16!!

Bundling Max into Suite is an admission that the Max strategy has failed.

How long, for this?

Labalaia

Post by Labalaia » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:54 pm

nnnnnnno...actually thinking about selling it now

ian_halsall

Post by ian_halsall » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:55 pm

this should be renamed a "badgrade"

Ableton_David

Post by Ableton_David » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:08 pm

hi everyone - just wanted to direct you to a post that addresses some of these concerns: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=185933

_seph

Post by _seph » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:10 pm

mr lovely wrote:Really disappointed about Live 9 - no improvements to the UI, but at least some improvements for the sound engine.

Can't see what all the fuss about Push is about - who wants to pay £500 for another controller, when the software only does the same thing (ok, we've finally got curves - great). And who want's a step sequencer with only 8 steps - even the 808 had 16!!

Bundling Max into Suite is an admission that the Max strategy has failed.

How long, for this?
I mostly feel the same, although I am excited about Push. For me it will be a perfect solution. Maschine just wasn't right, I'm tired of waiting on the LinnStrument and it will be much more useful than my padKontrol.

I really love Suite 8 and MAX for Live.. but Suite 9 just really doesn't add much of anything.. actually, as I already have the Orchestral collection I really don't see much of anything new :?

my hope was that their partnership with AAS would result in Tassman joining Suite, which could explain why any update to Tassman has been taking AAS so long... but nope.

I am pleased with the overall updates to Live, I think Push looks great, but as a Suite + M4L user I feel a bit shafted and I'm not quite sure why I am paying more to upgrade...

edit:
Ableton_David wrote:hi everyone - just wanted to direct you to a post that addresses some of these concerns: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=185933
"Existing Suite 8 owners will be offered an exclusive introductory discount on upgrades to Live 9 Suite, to be made available upon release." at least that is nice to see

psyndrome

Post by psyndrome » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:01 pm

Got Ableton Live Suite 8 since January, 2012. Must be a bad joke with the 249€ for updating to Suite Version 9. Won't update if there won't be a change of pricing.

Element

Post by Element » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:05 pm

funken wrote: Have fun. PS. Rumour has it there's a really good website for free tutorials, what's it called now...mac something?
Lolwaffles

FrankieP

Post by FrankieP » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:21 pm

I'll wait and see what's the "exclusive introductory discount for existing Suite 8 owners" would be before pulling the trigger. Nothing on this update makes me want to make the purchase on the day of release. Clip automation is nice, but after that, ummm, i already have The Glue, an APC40, Melodyne DNA and other tools that's comparable to the new features. If it included dual monitor support and floatjng windows, then yeh, i'd upgrade without even looking for a price discount. Am i disappointed? Not really, more underwhelmed i suppose. There's just. nothing in it that makes me wanna join the bandwagon on the first day of release.

condra

Post by condra » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:07 am

will you upgrade?
Probably.. eventually... no rush..

Push looks cool..
Everything else is meh

Really disguisted with the new look website and forum.
Magnolia..Cyan..Blue
What the actual fuck??

Slightlydelic

Post by Slightlydelic » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:05 am

i sold my suite a while back, i wont be upgrading or buying back in. I'm moving away from the computer and onto hardware. i might mix in the computer but im not sure live would be the best option for that.

TTOZ

Post by TTOZ » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:32 pm

i am back on live lite, but have a $284 upgrade to live 8 standard + free live 9

IF pdc is fixed, which we can only find out when someone uses the program, i'll do that upgrade.

no use for extra sounds of the suite here, have a gazillion sounds already.
I am bitwig, pick me, pick me, i now hAs midi export!