link to forums

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
condra

Re: link to forums

Post by condra » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:09 am

:lol:
true

deaddisneyy

Post by deaddisneyy » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:52 am

This is SUPER weird.

Why would Ableton, a company which values the opinions of their user community, remove the link to the forums on their website?

I have never heard of this before and really don't understand it. Sorry, but the answer given is just straight up silly.

jrathkopf

Post by jrathkopf » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:15 am

Yes, very odd.

Customer engagement/community should be embraced, not hidden.

Bring it back to the public, for people who are new to live, they may just never know about the user community.

I have used the forums for nearly 10 years and it took me 15 minutes to figure out how to find it!

jonahhh

Post by jonahhh » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:38 am

Ableton_David wrote:Yes - we must hide the mutants, lest they let others know about the Brown-Henke dither ;)

No, really, it's just a change. Thanks for your feedback - we'll take it into account.
My feedback is keep it gone or turn it into interactive lessons that are mainly on topic. Maybe one free for all zone you can enter if you have a valid license.

pepezabala

Post by pepezabala » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:23 am

I am under the impression that since Ableton had someone taking care of forum, community and social media, it all turned into shit.

Now they turn it off.

Obviously they changed the forum design in order to make eyes hurt, hoping that noone comes back.

headquest

Post by headquest » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:37 am

Ableton_David wrote:Hi David - we removed the link to the forum as people weren't really using it. The majority of forum users get here either via Google search or via a bookmark link.
No no no ... this forum is an important place, and I always come here via the homepage (try to keep my bookmarks tidy and minimal).
The other stuff that was under the old "Community" headline was also really important and good stuff. Please bring it all back! The Ableton site has never been *just a shop* before ;-)
iMac Retina 4K 3.3Ghz i7, 16Gb RAM
Live Suite 9.7.1 + Reason 9.1 + Pianoteq 5 + Sibelius 8.5

Listen on Soundcloud

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:35 am

pepezabala wrote: Obviously they changed the forum design in order to make eyes hurt, hoping that noone comes back.
it's much worse than that. they've used beige.

cotdagoo

Post by cotdagoo » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:47 am

The clinical 'Answers' is clearly a better option than allowing users to congregate and discuss anything.

Hermanus

Post by Hermanus » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:12 pm

jonny72 wrote:
Ableton_David wrote:Hi David - we removed the link to the forum as people weren't really using it. The majority of forum users get here either via Google search or via a bookmark link.
Are you serious?

What about people that have never used the forum before and don't know it exists?
I'm astonished after such a bright move announcing ableton LIVE 9 that you skip the forum link on the main website.
We ask for a community link.

Ok your aim for pushing ANSWERS under the spotlights is understable but we prefer the forums :idea:

pencilrocket

Post by pencilrocket » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:49 pm

wehkah wrote:
Hej David,

there is a lot of unused content-space beside the Help- and Latest Questions boxes to show the forum link. To put the forum link in the footer is also a great idea and really simple to do, jus a little line of code.

My point on the forum is. It is really messed up by sensless threads all the way. Maybe yours reset it when Live 9 is out and have a better moderation then. Give a login just to registred Live users will prevent some trash. Do it like NI, recrute mods from users who are trusted by yours.

cheers
T
Your home is Propellerhead's forum.