Post your Live 9 upgrade path and price

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
massenmedium

Re: Post your Live 9 upgrade path and price

Post by massenmedium » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:27 pm

m127 wrote:The reasoning is simple: price.

I don't see a competitive advantage.
And I especially don't see a customer loyalty advantage in the scenarios I already explained.

You are happy with the pricing? Good for the few of you. I just can't afford the upgrade at this price. And I am sad because I really wanted to get Push.
So Push costs more than Maschine. It's a different product, you make a choice.

m127

Post by m127 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:35 pm

massenmedium wrote:
m127 wrote:The reasoning is simple: price.

I don't see a competitive advantage.
And I especially don't see a customer loyalty advantage in the scenarios I already explained.

You are happy with the pricing? Good for the few of you. I just can't afford the upgrade at this price. And I am sad because I really wanted to get Push.
So Push costs more than Maschine. It's a different product, you make a choice.
already did, but it was not my choice: I am financially forced to not upgrade.
Upgrade price is too steep. Forgive me please for being unable to upgrade at this price. Really, forgive me! 8O

massenmedium

Post by massenmedium » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:40 pm

m127 wrote:already did, but it was not my choice: I am financially forced to not upgrade.
Upgrade price is too steep. Forgive me please for being unable to upgrade at this price. Really, forgive me! 8O
But it's not just an upgrade - it's totally new hardware and that's the price. It's also optional.

What does "financially forced" mean?
Last edited by massenmedium on Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

m127

Post by m127 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:40 pm

Merges
Thanks for quoting the below from Ableton David.
this gives me hope.
I really fell in love with Push looks and features.
Keep my fingers crossed!
Ableton_David wrote:Existing Suite 8 owners will be offered an exclusive introductory discount on upgrades to Live 9 Suite, to be made available upon release. This introductory discount is not yet shown on the website, as Live 9 Suite is not yet available. We apologize for any confusion or frustration from our oversight in not making this discount clear on ableton.com, and ask for your patience as we iron out the kinks in our new site.

massenmedium

Post by massenmedium » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:42 pm

There are some genuine questions about the pricing, and there are some absurd entitlement issues.

merges

Post by merges » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:47 pm

massenmedium wrote:There are some genuine questions about the pricing, and there are some absurd entitlement issues.
Definitely. I think it would be best for the Abes if they were simply upfront and straightforward so we can all make informed decisions. :)

FWIW I think Live 9 is worth hella cash.

m127

Post by m127 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:50 pm

massenmedium wrote:
m127 wrote:already did, but it was not my choice: I am financially forced to not upgrade.
But it's not just an upgrade - it's totally new hardware and that's the price. It's also optional.

What does "financially forced" mean?

Then talk to Ableton, because they are listing this as an "upgrade": Upgrade to Ableton 9 Standard plus Push for $728. Can't pay that. Already spent $1000 in ableton products.

To me, it is an upgrade among the several upgrade options. The one with Push includes HW, but it is still technically an upgrade, a new feature in the form of hw.

"financially forced" means that I want to upgrade, but I am forced not to because of the steep upgrade price. Clearer now?

Don't get defensive please. You are happy, and you probably can afford the upgrade including Push.

I am disappointed I can't afford it, and it's just too expensive considering what I already spent: $1000.

Let's leave it at that.
In the end, if Ableton listens to the myriad posts in this thread stating the same ("price is too steep"), you would be benefited as well... or no?

Unless you are the typical fanboi who can't stand people pointing out their disagreements with companies pricings or policies?

massenmedium

Post by massenmedium » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:59 pm

No I just think it's a bit of a strange position. You want it to be cheaper. I'd quite like that too I suppose. And?
m127 wrote:"financially forced" means that I want to upgrade, but I am forced not to because of the steep upgrade price. Clearer now?
Still don't get this "forced" business. :)

massenmedium

Post by massenmedium » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:04 pm

m127 wrote:In the end, if Ableton listens to the myriad posts in this thread stating the same ("price is too steep"
That's not what most of this thread is about. It turns out the problem was more that the price for some was too low...

m127

Post by m127 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:09 pm

massenmedium wrote:
m127 wrote:In the end, if Ableton listens to the myriad posts in this thread stating the same ("price is too steep"
That's not what most of this thread is about. It turns out the problem was more that the price for some was too low...
Ok, all the posts stating the steep price don't exist anymore.
Happy now? Or not yet?

I won't follow this thread anymore as of now; don't bother. :roll:

massenmedium

Post by massenmedium » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:14 pm

Thank you for the discussion.

kent_sandvik

Post by kent_sandvik » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:17 pm

Live 8 suite was increased $100??? Huh? That's bad marketing.

enomusic

Post by enomusic » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:50 pm

By the way, I sent a note to Ableton regarding the upgrade price for Suite 8 + M4L users, they said:

"Regarding the pricing, please know that existing Suite 8 owners will be offered an exclusive introductory discount on upgrades to Live 9 Suite, to be made available upon release. This introductory discount is not yet shown on the website, as Live 9 Suite is not yet available."

So, I have faith that they will do us right, I also hope they have mercy as I'm interested on buying the Push upgrade bundle which currently shows up on my account as $789.00 Ouch!!!! :cry:

fabrice segura

Post by fabrice segura » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:15 pm

it's very expensive with push :|

nutterwithbutter

Post by nutterwithbutter » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:17 am

kent_sandvik wrote:Live 8 suite was increased $100??? Huh? That's bad marketing.
Fak - I just got home to get my credit card ready for purchase and its gone up EUR100!

DAMN - going to hold off for a bit now while i think this through. it is no longer an impulse buy.