Live 9 Pricing

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
condra

Re: Live 9 Pricing

Post by condra » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:14 am

re8 wrote:
I still did not get a reply to my 2 emails, 3.5 business days later.
It's Halloween in Germany.
The custom is to play David Hasslehoff records for three days straight while wearing pink tutus...

They'll get back to you in a few days I'm sure

bhairav7

Post by bhairav7 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:41 am

I haven't received an email yet either in over 3 business days. Had it in my cart at the low price so hopefully that previous post quoting support bodes well.

exper

Post by exper » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:42 am

radialson wrote:Email I received from support:
We are sorry for the confusion about the upgrade prices.

This was an error in our system on the announcement day. We're truly sorry for confusing people, but the prices out now are the correct ones.

The people who purchased the upgrade for this price, or even just created a cart with the intention to do so, were granted this too low price, but unfortunately this is not the case here.

We still think this is a very fair offer, coming with a free Suite 9 upgrade on top, and we hope that during the upgrade campaign you might consider taking this offer.

The upgrade campaign will run until the first quarter of 2013, when Live 9 will be released.

We hope this could clarify things a bit, please let us know if we can be of any further help.

Best regards,

I'd still like to know then, what was the point of Ableton_David telling us to email them if we were going to buy it on the first day. Did they actually that quickly change their mind from "ok, let's honor it since it was a screw up" to "scew 'em"...

Surreal

Post by Surreal » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:51 am

exper wrote: I'd still like to know then, what was the point of Ableton_David telling us to email them if we were going to buy it on the first day. Did they actually that quickly change their mind from "ok, let's honor it since it was a screw up" to "scew 'em"...
I think that the point was that they will handle it on a case by case basis and that the only way to do that is an email to support.

Per Boysen

Post by Per Boysen » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:47 am

radialson wrote:Email I received from support:
The upgrade campaign will run until the first quarter of 2013, when Live 9 will be released.
Thank you for sharing your email! I was early to follow DAvid's advice in contacting The Support but I haven't received an answer yet. Good to know that the campaign (at current price level) stays for that long, because that gives me a better chance to find money to upgrade - and to learn more about Push, which is the reason for upgrading or selling my license (in case Push turns out to not be useful to me).
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
http://www.perboysen.com

snakedogman

Post by snakedogman » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:45 pm

I haven't received an answer from support yet either, but looks like I'm not the only one so let's give 'em a few more days to work it out... :)

darkenedsoul

Post by darkenedsoul » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:08 pm

So I guess there will be a price drop either before live is officially out or if I put an order into the cart now? I see #299 for 8 suite -> 9 Suite (M4L included + instruments I already have and the new effects/sounds/et al) or $159 for 8 Suite -> 9 Standard (3 instruments BUT my other Live instruments will still work/run in Live 9, I just have to load them in and other stuff but no M4L (not using now, not sure if I need it either)). So I would miss out on some stuff like the new Audio to MIDI if I recall from the comparison chart. That's one reason I am leaning to full set with M4L + the other parts. I just don't want to part with any more coin at the moment since I picked up Studio One V2 as well (yesterday, have not loaded it/played with it yet). I want to check out the Rewire stuff between it and Live rewired to it (No VST usage as it won't work anyways within Live rewired).
http://www.darkenedsoul.net - main website
Ableton Live 8.x/9.x : NI Komplete 8 : Home built 4690K 16GB 500GB SSD, 1TB 7200, 2x2TB.

ttilberg

Post by ttilberg » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:14 pm

darkenedsoul wrote: So I would miss out on some stuff like the new Audio to MIDI if I recall from the comparison chart.
Audio to Midi is included with Live 9 Full.

You get all of the function of Live 9, you just don't get all of the devices and samples compared to Suite.
As you mentioned, if you already own a license to Operator, than you already own those devices.
Tim Tilberg - Duluth, MN | SoundCloud - Arsenal
2011 13" MBP w/8GB ram | Live 9 Suite, Reason 6.5, FXPansion DCAM/Etch/Maul, Izotope Ozone 5

darkenedsoul

Post by darkenedsoul » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:26 pm

ttilberg wrote:
darkenedsoul wrote: So I would miss out on some stuff like the new Audio to MIDI if I recall from the comparison chart.
Audio to Midi is included with Live 9 Full.

You get all of the function of Live 9, you just don't get all of the devices and samples compared to Suite.
As you mentioned, if you already own a license to Operator, than you already own those devices.
Yeah, but do want/need the other devices and additional samples....that's part of my decision I have to make. That and if there is a drop (discount) from what it is showing me on the page under upgrade options or that's it. I know it was said those with 8 suite will get a discount closer to launch so have to wait and see I suppose = fine by me as I haven't been doing much other than thinking of ideas for some time now haha (slacking, I know....).

thanks!

Mike
http://www.darkenedsoul.net - main website
Ableton Live 8.x/9.x : NI Komplete 8 : Home built 4690K 16GB 500GB SSD, 1TB 7200, 2x2TB.

Mr-Bit

Post by Mr-Bit » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:18 pm

Thank you ableton for giving me a grace period to buy suite upgrade at the erroneously cheap price I realized that I had no entitlement to this and think its great that you gave me this gift and now have a warm fuzzy feeling whilst waiting for suite 8 to download, greatest respect!

exper

Post by exper » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:32 pm

Mr-Bit wrote:Thank you ableton for giving me a grace period to buy suite upgrade at the erroneously cheap price I realized that I had no entitlement to this and think its great that you gave me this gift and now have a warm fuzzy feeling whilst waiting for suite 8 to download, greatest respect!

Wait what!?

I just got an email saying basically dems the breaks. So glad they're picking and choosing.

tesla3090

Post by tesla3090 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:03 pm

I just received a reply from support. Basically it seems like if they saw that you had it in your cart before the change they're offering you the discounted price.

Thanks Ableton! You guys really don't deserve all the negativity on this thread. Had you simply told me I had to pay the corrected price I would have respected that. However, my financial situation would have forced me to put off upgrading until a later time, because of this I can now afford it. You make a great product and I'm happy to support it when I can afford to.

0l1v1er

Post by 0l1v1er » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:21 pm

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We're a bit behind due to the high
amount of emails we’ve received since the Live 9 announcement, but we’re
doing our best to respond to everyone as quickly as we can.

The pricing change that you saw was due to an error in our system on the
announcement day. We're truly sorry for confusing people, but the prices
out now are the correct ones, including the 25% discount.

Since you had already added the upgrade to your cart we've issued you a
coupon, as an exception for you, so that you can purchase the upgrade for
the price that you saw. Here's your coupon code
thank you

snakedogman

Post by snakedogman » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:25 pm

yup got the same email this evening. Thanks Ableton!

exper

Post by exper » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:41 pm

0l1v1er wrote:
Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We're a bit behind due to the high
amount of emails we’ve received since the Live 9 announcement, but we’re
doing our best to respond to everyone as quickly as we can.

The pricing change that you saw was due to an error in our system on the
announcement day. We're truly sorry for confusing people, but the prices
out now are the correct ones, including the 25% discount.

Since you had already added the upgrade to your cart we've issued you a
coupon, as an exception for you, so that you can purchase the upgrade for
the price that you saw. Here's your coupon code
thank you
But this is my point. I did have it in my cart as well. I know I did, because I wanted to see if there were any other fees like tax.

Well, their loss I suppose. I'll wait to see if Bitwig offers some kind of crossgrade, if not I'll sell Live and move on to Bitwig anyway. Hope those guys know what an opportunity they have right now.