Live 8 bug, have you noticed that?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
WaveRider

Live 8 bug, have you noticed that?

Post by WaveRider » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:59 pm

I did set up a rack with velocity layers.

If I send a midi note with a velocity equal to the boundary of one of the layers the note is not heard.

ex: a midi note with value of 80 won't be heard if the zones are 1-80 for a layer 1, and 81-127 for the 2nd layer.

:roll:

pencilrocket

Re: Live 8 bug, have you noticed that?

Post by pencilrocket » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:13 pm

I can see the inconsisntency. Only when the right side of the mapping is 127 it is included. It exists even in beta 9.

WaveRider

Post by WaveRider » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:15 pm

thanks for confirming the bug.

amazing, to find that in live 8. Such bugs are easily found when quality testing.

I you use "distribute ranges equally", you are stuck with holes in your mapping.

xzusa8ky

Post by xzusa8ky » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:21 pm

Ableton did it...

...one more time,one more time,one more time,one more time,one more time,one more time,one more time,one more time,one more time,one more time,one more time,one more time,one more time,one more time,one more time,one more time,one more time,one more time,one more time,one more time,one more time,one more time,one more time,one more time,one more time,one more time,one more time,one more time,one more time,one more time,one more time,one more time,one more time,one more time,one more time,one more time,one more time,one more time,one more time,one more time,one more time,one more time,one more time,one more time,one more time,one more time.......

They dont check what they do, the paying user are testing their work for them! Ableton only takes the money and fame, the rest is the same since the version 1!!!! :(
Bitwig/1.0.5 - Ableton/Live 8 - Apple/MacPro-2.8Ghz-8Core-RAID - Samsung/SM-P2770H 27" - Yamaha/HS80M/HS10W - Behringer/BCR/BCF - Allen & Heath/Xone:3D - Sennheiser/HD25-13 - Native Instruments/Komplete9/Traktor Pro

WaveRider

Post by WaveRider » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:58 pm

xzusa8ky wrote:Ableton did it...

...one more time,
yeah it's like, I have gone hardware and used live just for recording for the last 2 years, then I sit down to work on stuff and in 5 min. I find the most newbie bug -and yes it has been like that with them a lot :roll: they take multiple version to implement well a feature

zigzag

Post by zigzag » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:57 pm

WaveRider wrote:

...one more time,
yeah it's like, I have gone hardware and used live just for recording for the last 2 years, then I sit down to work on stuff and in 5 min. I find the most newbie bug -and yes it has been like that with them a lot :roll: they take multiple version to implement well a feature
wait.. now they started development using Agile concepts. Its going to be so so much better..

theophilus

Post by theophilus » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:32 pm

weird... haven't checked this out, but if you set the lower one to (say) 0-81, and the upper one to 81-127, does the 80 play then?

ian_halsall

Post by ian_halsall » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:04 pm

zigzag wrote:
WaveRider wrote:

...one more time,
wait.. now they started development using Agile concepts. Its going to be so so much better..
yeah - "scrum down, head and feed Ableton technology"

WaveRider

Post by WaveRider » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:33 pm

theophilus wrote:weird... haven't checked this out, but if you set the lower one to (say) 0-81, and the upper one to 81-127, does the 80 play then?
yes, but if you build your racks with overlapping zones, the day they correct that mistake all your racks will have to be re-adjusted just for that

aioffermann

Post by aioffermann » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:21 am

THIS IS SO WACK :evil:

theophilus

Post by theophilus » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:11 pm

WaveRider wrote:
theophilus wrote:weird... haven't checked this out, but if you set the lower one to (say) 0-81, and the upper one to 81-127, does the 80 play then?
yes, but if you build your racks with overlapping zones, the day they correct that mistake all your racks will have to be re-adjusted just for that

well, i'm asking because apparently at least some of the ableton guys are python programmers, and in python, range(0,81) doesn't include 81. i just wonder if that's how they designed it. i never did check this out, wonder if they have the same behaviour elsewhere.