LIVE 9 : PDC IMPROVED OR NOT ?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
simpli.cissimus

Re: LIVE 9 : PDC IMPROVED OR NOT ?

Post by simpli.cissimus » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:34 pm

...oh common guys..., back to PDC...

......................................__................................................
.............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,..........................................
.......................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,....................................
..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,..................................
...............,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\.......................... .......
.............;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\................................
..............\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/.........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,......................... ..
...............\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*...........`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,..........................
................\llllllllllll,-~*.....................)_-\..*`*;..)..........................
.................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................/.....................
..................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;................/.\..................
................./.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*................*...\.................
................|.../.../.../.*`...\...........................)....)¯`~,..................
................|./.../..../.......)......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)...`~-,.............
..............././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---......\..../...../..|.........¯```*~-,,,,
...............(..........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../..../.../............\........
................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*..........|.,*...,*...|..............\........
...................*,.........`-,...)-,..............,-*`...,-*....(`-,............\.......
......................f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,..........\........
No! I'll never use the Push-App Live 9 !!!

sdfak1234

Post by sdfak1234 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:35 pm

H20nly wrote:http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/gra ... _info.html

according to that link anyone who "activates" Cubase 6 "full retail version, educational version, updates and upgrades" will get the 7 upgrade. i'd say you're good. 8)

but... you're running out of time.
Cool, but surely it's a paid upgrade from 4 to 7 as well, so I'm sure it'll cost the same... maybe I'll upgrade tonight anyway. Just in case they whack on another fee.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:38 pm

simpli.cissimus wrote:...oh common guys..., back to PDC...
we ARE talking about PDC. i have perfect PDC now.

there is nothing new anyone can say. other than someone at Ablteon chiming in and saying... anything, the only reason to continue on and on and on in this thread can be nothing more than:

sdfak1234

Post by sdfak1234 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:42 pm

......................................__................................................
.............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,..........................................
.......................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,....................................
..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,..................................
...............,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\.......................... .......
.............;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\................................
..............\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/.........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,......................... ..
...............\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*...........`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,..........................
................\llllllllllll,-~*.....................)_-\..*`*;..)..........................
.................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................/.....................
..................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;................/.\..................
................./.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*................*...\.................
................|.../.../.../.*`...\...........................)....)¯`~,..................
................|./.../..../.......)......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)...`~-,.............
..............././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---......\..../...../..|.........¯```*~-,,,,
...............(..........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../..../.../............\........
................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*..........|.,*...,*...|..............\........
...................*,.........`-,...)-,..............,-*`...,-*....(`-,............\.......
......................f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,..........\........

I'm a bit worn out over it to be fair, I haven't got any arguments left and I don't feel like waiting for a response from Ableton, it doesn't seem to be coming... I'm not prepared to do any more work with the app because I'm completely lost faith in it and the company, so it's time to move on... I think I'm going to use cubase in the interim and hopefully bitwig will come to rescue as a live studio tool, I'm gonna miss Ableton a bit, but actually Cubase is dope at the moment, they have fixed a lot of the problems that I used to have with the program and it does strike me that Steinberg are listening to their users more these days, certainly more than Ableton... also Cubase is being improved rapidly, Live's progress has been shockingly slow, there isn't really any more debate for me... my time with Ableton has come to an end.

simpli.cissimus

Post by simpli.cissimus » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:44 pm

H20nly wrote:

there is nothing new anyone can say. other than someone at Ablteon chiming in and saying... anything, the only reason to continue on and on and on in this thread can be nothing more than:

I think I am one of those guys with a bat, beating the horse... :lol:

sdfak1234

Post by sdfak1234 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:50 pm

H20nly wrote:

This. I've only been checking in on the hope that maybe we'd get some kind of note, but I guess Ableton has enough users to lose a few... I just want to contribute to this thread and help others realise what is actually going on with Live, it would almost too easy to walk away and just leave it, but as I've said before, I feel I have literally wasted years of my life working with Ableton, and now they ignore us, so any chance I can get to return the favour... Ableton shouldn't be peddling this garbage out to users, the fact that most people don't know about it (it's just a blurb in the revised manual) actually seems quite deceptive and dishonest to me... just like how this forum is hidden from the site... they're seeking to suppress these concerns by making them hard to find, and by refusing to acknowledge responsibility, claiming it's simply missing feature when it is actually an incomplete feature that doesn't work as expected. Some people can claim this is a minor issue, but it is the most talked about issue on this forum, the beta forum, kvr and gearsluts.

sdfak1234

Post by sdfak1234 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:53 pm

simpli.cissimus wrote: I think I am one of those guys with a bat, beating the horse... :lol:
I'm going to be beating this horse for years to come, but I'm going to making music with Cubase. I feel really stupid for being an Ableton advocate, so I have to make up for that by bringing my reality shattering facts to all the fanboys... already had a good session in a major music store in Montreal, gave several producers and experts a demonstration of the problem, and they were all shocked by it, nobody actually believed it was true until I demoed it to them. I would encourage everyone to do the same... don't let them ignore it away...

simpli.cissimus

Post by simpli.cissimus » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:05 pm

sdfak1234 wrote:already had a good session in a major music store in Montreal, gave several producers and experts a demonstration of the problem, and they were all shocked by it, nobody actually believed it was true until I demoed it to them. I would encourage everyone to do the same... don't let them ignore it away...
:twisted: ...like that...!
Last edited by simpli.cissimus on Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kent_sandvik

Post by kent_sandvik » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:06 pm

sdfak1234 wrote:
simpli.cissimus wrote: I think I am one of those guys with a bat, beating the horse... :lol:
I'm going to be beating this horse for years to come, but I'm going to making music with Cubase. I feel really stupid for being an Ableton advocate, so I have to make up for that by bringing my reality shattering facts to all the fanboys... already had a good session in a major music store in Montreal, gave several producers and experts a demonstration of the problem, and they were all shocked by it, nobody actually believed it was true until I demoed it to them. I would encourage everyone to do the same... don't let them ignore it away...
Ableton is quite fine for collage-related clip assembly. If you want to do something more complex involving plug-ins and other tools including heavy audio and MIDI editing, use a DAW such as Logic/Cubase et rest.... --Kent

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:13 pm

hec wrote:Sorry you can't hear timing problems kid. It's real.
Sorry you don't know how to use a DAW.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

sdfak1234

Post by sdfak1234 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:16 pm

kent_sandvik wrote:
sdfak1234 wrote:
Ableton is quite fine for collage-related clip assembly. If you want to do something more complex involving plug-ins and other tools including heavy audio and MIDI editing, use a DAW such as Logic/Cubase et rest.... --Kent

Where's that facepalm ascii art? :(

sdfak1234

Post by sdfak1234 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:17 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
hec wrote:Sorry you can't hear timing problems kid. It's real.
Sorry you don't know how to use a DAW.
First it was an advanced problem, now its a beginner problem.

sdfak1234

Post by sdfak1234 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:25 pm

kent_sandvik wrote:
sdfak1234 wrote:
I dont even know why im getting into this but this so off the mark its insane. Put simply Ableton is not fine for collage related clip assembly if you use automation at all AND this automation issue is there regardless of the 'heaviness' or complexity of a track. Biggest misunderstanding of them all is that this issue somehow only affects people doing complex stuff. It just gets worse if your material is complex. Precision can be lost on the most basic project. Also to state the obvious I have already jumped ship to Cubase, thank you ever so much for your expert opinion but look at my most recent posts.

kent_sandvik

Post by kent_sandvik » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:26 pm

sdfak1234 wrote:

Have a headache? I'm just seeing posting after posting about PDC problems. The solution is simple, use another DAW.

sdfak1234

Post by sdfak1234 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:27 pm

kent_sandvik wrote:
sdfak1234 wrote:

Have a headache? I'm just seeing posting after posting about PDC problems. The solution is simple, use another DAW.

No headache. Embarassed for you actually.