One of my songs on a Google ad

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
chapelier fou

Re: One of my songs on a Google ad

Post by chapelier fou » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:20 pm

:lol:
MacBook Pro 13" Retina i7 2.8 GHz OS 10.13, L10.0.1, M4L.
MacStudio M1Max 32Go OS 12.3.1

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:11 am

Ableton | Elektron

Music

Kent_in_CO

Post by Kent_in_CO » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:24 pm

Congrats! Forum user does good. Story at 10:00.

Could you explain how this came to be? Did Google just randomly approach you after hearing a track online? Or do you actively send your tracks out to services like TAXI and try to get ad placements?
Hong Kong: 2050 A.D. You're about to inject a dose of mind-altering nanobots. This is the soundtrack to your trip. https://seven7hwave.bandcamp.com/album/cyberia

chapelier fou

Post by chapelier fou » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:42 pm

Kent_in_CO wrote:Congrats! Forum user does good. Story at 10:00.

Could you explain how this came to be? Did Google just randomly approach you after hearing a track online? Or do you actively send your tracks out to services like TAXI and try to get ad placements?
Nope, my label is also my publisher, so they've been contacted by another company working for google, if i remember well.
MacBook Pro 13" Retina i7 2.8 GHz OS 10.13, L10.0.1, M4L.
MacStudio M1Max 32Go OS 12.3.1

SBRK

Post by SBRK » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:45 am

condra wrote:Should they also credit the post production team, the camera operators and the guy who makes the tea?
Imagine they credited graphic designers on Coca-Cola bottles, or script writers on TV ads.

Being a musician isn't any more deserving of credit than anyone else when your art enters the corporate world.

Sure, the music is beautiful and plays an important part in that video, but Chapelier Fou, the video is not there to promote your brand.
Your music is there to promote their brand.

Most people on this forum would literally donate an organ to have Google in their client portfolio, let alone have their music exposed to 2 million people.
Well have you ever thought "Man ! that cameraman is good, I wish I could see more of his work !" ? No. Have you ever thought "that music is great ! I wish I knew who it was !" ? Probably yes, because the music is the one thing people always ask about in ads, and can be a big booster for an artist. I discovered more than one great artists because of an ad, that I would probably have never heard of if it wasn't for these ad. So yes, I think music should be credited in ads, it's a good thing for both the artist and the people who like the song and wish to hear more.

Just my two cents...

(and as for Chapelier Fou, I discovered him through a friend, and have really loved 613. It's fun to see he's a regular user of this forum !)

ian_halsall

Post by ian_halsall » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:06 pm

SBRK wrote:
condra wrote:Should they also credit the post production team, the camera operators and the guy who makes the tea?
Imagine they credited graphic designers on Coca-Cola bottles, or script writers on TV ads.

Being a musician isn't any more deserving of credit than anyone else when your art enters the corporate world.

Sure, the music is beautiful and plays an important part in that video, but Chapelier Fou, the video is not there to promote your brand.
Your music is there to promote their brand.

Most people on this forum would literally donate an organ to have Google in their client portfolio, let alone have their music exposed to 2 million people.
Well have you ever thought "Man ! that cameraman is good, I wish I could see more of his work !" ? No. Have you ever thought "that music is great ! I wish I knew who it was !" ? Probably yes, because the music is the one thing people always ask about in ads, and can be a big booster for an artist. I discovered more than one great artists because of an ad, that I would probably have never heard of if it wasn't for these ad. So yes, I think music should be credited in ads, it's a good thing for both the artist and the people who like the song and wish to hear more.

Just my two cents...

(and as for Chapelier Fou, I discovered him through a friend, and have really loved 613. It's fun to see he's a regular user of this forum !)
good point

zigzag

Post by zigzag » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:22 pm

beautiful work.. congratulations!

nylarch

Post by nylarch » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:54 pm

Beautiful song. Congrats. Amazing that you overcame the horrible audio quality limitations of Live.

</sarcasm>
MacBook Pro; Live 8 Suite, Reaktor; '77 Fender Jazz Bass; Apogee One;

Casual Beats

Post by Casual Beats » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:12 pm

beautiful song.