Ableton Fanboys Heads In Sand Quotes Of The Year

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jtdj

Ableton Fanboys Heads In Sand Quotes Of The Year

Post by jtdj » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:23 pm

"Bitwig Doesnt Exist"

"Ableton is more of an instrument anyways"

"I have never noticed any PDC timing issues, now how is my Prime Loops download getting on"

"I am a DJ honest"

"3 Years for a small update is not worrying in the slightest"

cstump

Re: Ableton Fanboys Heads In Sand Quotes Of The Year

Post by cstump » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:06 pm

I think I'll keep an eye on this one, the Controversy and Drama will I hope be worth it. :twisted:
Quote:"There's a Bitwig thread born every second"

d.reamonn

Post by d.reamonn » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:24 pm

"I can make real music with Live, I don't need $20'000 worth of external gear and a ProTools license".

Btw, I've never noticed any PDC timing issues :x

ian_halsall

Post by ian_halsall » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:42 pm

yeah - I don't care about PDC

there are a few things that could be improved - for me - but they are not stopping me making my vile music

SpeedKing

Post by SpeedKing » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:08 pm

Nothing wrong with discourse on software, but let's also not lose site of the fact that Ableton in its current form is an awesome program, and that the people clamoring for Bitwig updates will also very likely not write any better or worse music with it.

Music is 99% rhythms, pitches, harmonies and chord progressions. Arguing over the minutia is akin to an author being pissed at Microsoft for not including something he wants in the new planned version of Microsoft Word.

There's nothing wrong with discussing the merits of certain software, but seriously, this is nothing more than a childish thread made for childish acting people. Please, grow up.

d.reamonn

Post by d.reamonn » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:23 pm

SpeedKing wrote:Nothing wrong with discourse on software, but let's also not lose site of the fact that Ableton in its current form is an awesome program, and that the people clamoring for Bitwig updates will also very likely not write any better or worse music with it.

Music is 99% rhythms, pitches, harmonies and chord progressions. Arguing over the minutia is akin to an author being pissed at Microsoft for not including something he wants in the new planned version of Microsoft Word.

There's nothing wrong with discussing the merits of certain software, but seriously, this is nothing more than a childish thread made for childish acting people. Please, grow up.
I don't understand a word of what you're saying. The whole point of creating your own unique identity is to then rip on others'.

ian_halsall

Post by ian_halsall » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:55 pm

d.reamonn wrote:
SpeedKing wrote:Nothing wrong with discourse on software, but let's also not lose site of the fact that Ableton in its current form is an awesome program, and that the people clamoring for Bitwig updates will also very likely not write any better or worse music with it.

I don't understand a word of what you're saying. The whole point of creating your own unique identity is to then rip on others'.
People telling people to grow up are immature and should grow up.

d.reamonn

Post by d.reamonn » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:01 pm

ian_halsall wrote:
d.reamonn wrote:

People telling people to grow up are immature and should grow up.
An enlightened mind lets other minds go to hell.

login

Post by login » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:09 pm

OP, you win the Troll of the year award, congratulations

cstump

Post by cstump » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:16 pm

So far I'm not disappointed, I guess it's childish of me But a Train wreck is a Train wreck and I can't look away. :oops:
Quote:"There's a Bitwig thread born every second"

d.reamonn

Post by d.reamonn » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:22 pm

I've got a mate who uses Fruity Loops—sorry, FL Studio (wait, so that's "Fruity Loops Studio"?), but he's only a few months in, so he doesn't know jack. So given that I'm me, I've been having a bit of fun and have got him to the point where he's ready to switch to Live... because "unlike Fruity Loops, it has return channels".

infernal.machine

Post by infernal.machine » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:13 pm

SpeedKing gets his panties in a bunch ITT!

Street Spirit

Post by Street Spirit » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:09 pm

now how is my Prime Loops download getting on"

good one Lol.

d.reamonn

Post by d.reamonn » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:36 pm

Street Spirit wrote:now how is my Prime Loops download getting on"

good one Lol.
^ Good one also :x :x :x

pencilrocket