LIVE 9 : PDC IMPROVED OR NOT ?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
petit nuage

Re: LIVE 9 : PDC IMPROVED OR NOT ?

Post by petit nuage » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:34 pm

@angstrom :lol: yeah you are surely right ...but IMO that IS not a feature request..for me its more like a DUE ... because in live 8 apparently we already have a ADC/PDC no ? or thats just me ?

i trust what i read in the features list before buying a soft.
so ?

would have i to ask ableton if the implementation was full or partial/incomplete before buying live 8 ?
do you find that being paranoid before buying a product is a normal behaviour ?

if a feature is included , then in my primitive and naive logic... it must work !...simple as that
just a basic business rule no ?
after all, maybe im wrong... so if it is the case, i would accept it without any problems.

but i hope if that bitwig implement it for the first version it will make things move for the better ...
with the competitors around, in my naive view, a real good deal will be : free full pdc for live 8 and 9 users !

that will be greaat gesture ...

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:07 pm

petit nuage wrote:@angstrom :lol: yeah you are surely right
+1
Angstrom wrote: User 3: I had no idea that B was asuch a problem, Logic has B since years!!!!
with... bonus points for highly accurate misuse of the word "since" in the reenactment

Sunshine & Rainbow version: even if they say "it's all here now!" someone will bitch about the way it's implemented.
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

remute99

Post by remute99 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:42 pm

Sean_Clarke wrote:I suspect if they new how/when it could be fixed, they would comment. It may be a fundimental re-write of major code, in which case I doubt they would even look at it with 9 just about to be released (and 64 bit).
Which leaves me wondering why I'd bother with Live 9 and it's not-to-be-sneezed-at upgrade price - the Glue compressor?
Mac Pro
Quad-Core Intel Xeon 2 x 2.8 GHz
10 GB RAM
OSX 10.5.6

hmj

Post by hmj » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:00 am

Here's the problem.

Ableton wants the best features for their users but 1. they don't have the man power to do it (all the talent went to BitWig) and 2. Gerhard Behles is of the Apple mindset, which means he is VERY careful about adding features to the program. Keeping the program simple is an obsession with this guy.

This is good to a certain extent but too much of anything is dangerous and the over simplicity approach usually backfires - see Final Cut X, iTunes 11 etc.

New features such as PDC will take years to implement at this point. When Gerhard Behles, not the community, decides that PDC is important it will be added. This is a very smart man who succeeded by literally reinventing the DAW. He went against the grain and in the grand scheme of things outsmarted Avid, Logic, you name it. How does that Kanye song go -

"Wait till I get my money right, then you can't tell me nothing right..."

You can't tell this guy a damn thing, not about sound quality, not about PDC, not about features etc. He's smarter than you and will 99% of the time make a better decision.

My advice to everyone here is to make the most out of the program in it's current form factor. Under the leadership of a dude like this changes will only be made when HE deems something important. Ableton is great, the pace at which it will get better has nothing to do with the talking we're doing here. It has everything to do with the CEO. We should continue to make music or find his email and send all these post to him directly, everything else is a waste of time. Believe it or not.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:58 am

hmj wrote:they don't have the man power to do it (all the talent went to BitWig)
you don't know that.
Gerhard Behles is of the Apple mindset, which means he is VERY careful about adding features to the program. Keeping the program simple is an obsession with this guy.
you don't know that either.
New features such as PDC will take years to implement at this point.
you don't know that
When Gerhard Behles, not the community, decides that PDC is important it will be added.
you don't know that. this 'community' you talk of is this forum which is the ass end of all DAW forums and the gutter of their userbase. some of you guys put way to much importance on this stupid place. they take your guidance so much that they took the fucking forum off their site. read that again, they too the forum off their fucking site. you really think they put importance on the assholes up in here?
This is a very smart man who succeeded by literally reinventing the DAW. He went against the grain and in the grand scheme of things outsmarted Avid, Logic, you name it. How does that Kanye song go -

Kanye? now you're really losing my respect. ;)
You can't tell this guy a damn thing, not about sound quality, not about PDC, not about features etc. He's smarter than you and will 99% of the time make a better decision.
he's not the only one at the helm, there are other key players that you're wholly ignorant of. before we had people writing like assholes all the time those guys would post to us and we'd talk about Live. now they don't even link the forum to their site.
My advice to everyone here is to make the most out of the program in it's current form factor. Under the leadership of a dude like this changes will only be made when HE deems something important. Ableton is great, the pace at which it will get better has nothing to do with the talking we're doing here. It has everything to do with the CEO. We should continue to make music or find his email and send all these post to him directly, everything else is a waste of time. Believe it or not.
you're totally new here and I'm sorry but you really don't have a clue what the bigger picture is.

FACT: Henke posted on the forum YEARS ago that they don't see a need for PDC. the people whining about it aren't exactly the power users on the forum, almost* nobody whose opinion I respect has said that this is a problem for them. the ones that say it's a problem really don't post about anything else or show aptitude for using a DAW. on paper it looks like a trainwreck but it's just a handful of Chicken Littles pushing their freedom of speach acting like spoiled little shits and the people that don't yet know to trust their ears following them. *SERIOUS PROPS TO petite nuage and theopilus (sp?) who have posted GREAT information and have been totally cool. I respect them for their work and focus on the topic.

I don't want to get into a huge multi-quote flamefest or anything.

/rant

fix it? great, Live is a little better. are there other things I wish they'd spend time no, hell yeah! if I take Push out of the equation I'm not all that impressed by Live 9 and I don't know if I want Push.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

petit nuage

Post by petit nuage » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:08 am

@tone deft : merci monsieur ! :wink:
thank you too !

im not an expert im just a simple musician/ producer, so excuse me and my bad english if sometimes my words sounds naive or agressive. but be sure that im not here to bash, beg ,moan etc someone or something but THIS PDC thing makes me a bit frustrated then angry grrrrr !!!! :twisted:

pencilrocket

Post by pencilrocket » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:19 am

Why is TD bothering to troll all replies in this thread? 8) I'm intereseted in his mentality.

petit nuage

Post by petit nuage » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:25 am

yeahhh thanks to the guy who sends me that CPEREZZ RULES shit in my inbox ...very appreciated :roll:

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:22 am

pencilrocket wrote:Why is TD bothering to troll all replies in this thread? 8) I'm intereseted in his mentality.
i'm interested in YOUR mentality. why do you even come here? serious question.

anyway, hmj is obvious troll, but he is posting some pretty intolerable horseshit. Tone is just saying what a lot of us are thinking. I appreciate that.

.lm.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

hmj

Post by hmj » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:33 am

Tone Deft wrote:
hmj wrote:they don't have the man power to do it (all the talent went to BitWig)
you don't know that.
Gerhard Behles is of the Apple mindset, which means he is VERY careful about adding features to the program. Keeping the program simple is an obsession with this guy.
you don't know that either.
New features such as PDC will take years to implement at this point.
you don't know that
When Gerhard Behles, not the community, decides that PDC is important it will be added.
you don't know that. this 'community' you talk of is this forum which is the ass end of all DAW forums and the gutter of their userbase. some of you guys put way to much importance on this stupid place. they take your guidance so much that they took the fucking forum off their site. read that again, they too the forum off their fucking site. you really think they put importance on the assholes up in here?
This is a very smart man who succeeded by literally reinventing the DAW. He went against the grain and in the grand scheme of things outsmarted Avid, Logic, you name it. How does that Kanye song go -

Kanye? now you're really losing my respect. ;)
he's not the only one at the helm, there are other key players that you're wholly ignorant of. before we had people writing like assholes all the time those guys would post to us and we'd talk about Live. now they don't even link the forum to their site.
you're totally new here and I'm sorry but you really don't have a clue what the bigger picture is.

FACT: Henke posted on the forum YEARS ago that they don't see a need for PDC. the people whining about it aren't exactly the power users on the forum, almost* nobody whose opinion I respect has said that this is a problem for them. the ones that say it's a problem really don't post about anything else or show aptitude for using a DAW. on paper it looks like a trainwreck but it's just a handful of Chicken Littles pushing their freedom of speach acting like spoiled little shits and the people that don't yet know to trust their ears following them. *SERIOUS PROPS TO petite nuage and theopilus (sp?) who have posted GREAT information and have been totally cool. I respect them for their work and focus on the topic.

I don't want to get into a huge multi-quote flamefest or anything.

/rant

fix it? great, Live is a little better. are there other things I wish they'd spend time no, hell yeah! if I take Push out of the equation I'm not all that impressed by Live 9 and I don't know if I want Push.
Just the facts. Everything I said is exactly whats happening right now and how the next two years will play out. The big picture is no mystery and if you think Gerhard isn't the first and last word ask our friends over at BigWig why they left to directly compete against him.

Unfortunately the truth isn't as romantic as we'd like for it to be.

Akshara

Post by Akshara » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:03 am

Tone Deft wrote:/rant
Oh c'mon, tell us how you really feel.

OzWozEre

Post by OzWozEre » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:33 pm

Macbook Pro (2.5 Dual, 4gb) / 30" Cinema Display (I don't give a fuck about no multi-monitor support)

fx23

Post by fx23 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:27 pm

they said autom to session would need huge rewrite.. and finally they managed to handled it! they should manage proper compensations as well if ressources are dedicaced to the problem, and in one only version.

imo once it's out that won't take long to get AB comparaison tests with Bitwig realating PDC job, (timing is important part of AUDIO ENGINE QUALITY, and a better test imo than usual 0dbs FLOAT32 SUMMING...) and so they will HAVE to sort it out anyway... cause the results will be CLEARLY HEARABLE that time...

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:05 pm

Q: is the concept of tackling one beast at a time wasted on this forum?
A: yes
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

simpli.cissimus

Post by simpli.cissimus » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:37 am

:twisted:
No! I'll never use the Push-App Live 9 !!!