Breaking: Ableton Announces Version 10

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
andydes

Re: Breaking: Ableton Announces Version 10

Post by andydes » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:08 pm

jtdj wrote: But I'm still excited to see what Bitwig will become even if some on here see any postive mention of Bitwig as trolling.
Bitwig posts here range from genuine interest on what it can do (which I'm interested in) to "ableton can't program for shit, all the talent went to bitwig (which is beyond trolling, it's plain out of order).

Does anyone know if betas are full feature yet? Last I heard half of it was disabled. Of course this could be for testing purposes rather than because it didn't work.

siliconarc

Post by siliconarc » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:18 pm

andydes wrote:Does anyone know if betas are full feature yet? Last I heard half of it was disabled. Of course this could be for testing purposes rather than because it didn't work.
most of the features are up and running now, but it's still only on beta2 and is pretty crash-prone. i've no idea if they have a release date yet. the next beta v3's functionality should be a big leap fwd from the current b2, as it was released the day Live 9 was announced 6 weeks ago, so they'll have been very busy. looking fwd to it.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:54 pm

so i can't figure it out...

are folks:

A: bothered because the OP made a joke (funny is subjective)
or
B: bothered because they were fucking stupid enough to believe it

:?:

the jury isn't out yet... but i'd say that Ableton Live (any version including future revs) is Music and Audio Production related... unless of course the rewrite has turned Live 9 into a spreadsheet or an email client and i missed the announcement.
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:58 pm

fishmonkey wrote:
jtdj wrote: ETA : March 2017 (approx)
that gives you 5 years (approx) to come up with a funny joke.
LOL for real haha!

(that was as far as i read btw, no need to continue)

artpunk

Post by artpunk » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:28 pm

H20nly wrote:so i can't figure it out...
.. but i'd say that Ableton Live (any version including future revs) is Music and Audio Production related... unless of course the rewrite has turned Live 9 into a spreadsheet or an email client and i missed the announcement.
Really? Even a (subjective opinion of course) dumb joke? I have nothing against humour, even 'wet' humour...but these threads are getting really old really fast & belong in the Lounge, because IMHO they are boring & not really relevant to this particular forum...
Maybe I was just tired & irritable when I read it... But REALLY? Perhaps your statement that this was relevant to 'Music & Audio Production' was a joke too?
:roll:

“... it was just to make an average listener go: ‘What the fuck is this?’ That’s a real inspiration for me and something that I will explore more on upcoming recordings.”
- Wally De Backer (Gotye) quoting Ween's intention behind making records

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:09 pm

H20nly wrote:B: bothered because they were fucking stupid enough to believe it
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

kitekrazy

Post by kitekrazy » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:21 am

H20nly wrote:so i can't figure it out...

are folks:

A: bothered because the OP made a joke (funny is subjective)
or
B: bothered because they were fucking stupid enough to believe it

:?:
This. I thought it was funny.

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:25 am

anyone who believed the op, please email me

i have this uncle in nigeria who left me a shitload of money when he died, if only i had a bank account to transfer it to....

artpunk

Post by artpunk » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:02 am

Honestly who the hell would believe it, considering 9 is in Beta and plenty of us (including myself) are testers.
I still stand by my original point that this was a pretty lame joke in the wrong place.
This whole forum becomes a joke when stuff like this gets posted in a sub-forum that is meant to be discussing topics relevant to actual 'Music & Audio Production' - and then backed up by people 'fucking stupid' enough to justify it with equally lame jokes/arguments. :|

“... it was just to make an average listener go: ‘What the fuck is this?’ That’s a real inspiration for me and something that I will explore more on upcoming recordings.”

jtdj

Post by jtdj » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:05 am

artpunk wrote:
Honestly who the hell would believe it, considering 9 is in Beta and plenty of us (including myself) are testers.
I still stand by my original point that this was a pretty lame joke in the wrong place.
This whole forum becomes a joke when stuff like this gets posted in a sub-forum that is meant to be discussing topics relevant to actual 'Music & Audio Production' - and then backed up by people 'fucking stupid' enough to justify it with equally lame jokes/arguments. :|

I would suggest taking yourself less seriously.

artpunk

Post by artpunk » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:45 am

jtdj wrote:
artpunk wrote:

I would suggest taking yourself less seriously.
Yeah, thanks for that, seeing as you don't know how un-seriously I usually take myself when I'm not at work (and sometimes at work just to stay sane), I'll take it under advisement.
Maybe in this case I shouldn't even have said anything, good forbid anyone take exception to all the 'fun' done to death as it is - but perhaps we should all try and take this forum a bit more seriously, perhaps Ableton staff might feel more open to interacting with us more here if we did.
I have no problems with your initial 'joke' but as I said, wouldn't it have been more appropriate in the Lounge?
Then H2Only compounds the nonsense by suggesting it was valid in this sub-forum because 'it was an announcement about an Ableton Live release" when it obviously wasn't, well how stupid can you get? Of course it's all in fun except for the fact that there is an obvious nasty little undercurrent of digs at other forum members (references to moist pants, implications that anyone who responds to the thread in anything but a "oh what jolly fun" is fucking stupid - stuff like that are killers of spirit and good will in any community. Its all a bit sad and its all a bit stupid, but you know, so long as we don't take ourselves seriously...
:lol: :roll:

jtdj

Post by jtdj » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:05 am

Artpunk seems the sort of person who watches a programme he hates just to complain and write to Terry Wogan on Points of View. Dont get me wrong I enjoy Points Of View as much as the next red blooded male but a recent study found the majority of callers and writers to the show were significantly under national average height. Chips on the shoulder.

artpunk

Post by artpunk » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:08 am

funken wrote:Artpunk, you do have a point, but take a chill pill now. No point in letting stuff get you down. There a ton of stuff a million times worse that's been posted in this forum.
I agree funken, thanks.
jtdj wrote:Artpunk seems the sort of person who watches a programme he hates just to complain and write to Terry Wogan on Points of View. Dont get me wrong I enjoy Points Of View as much as the next red blooded male but a recent study found the majority of callers and writers to the show were significantly under national average height. Chips on the shoulder.
And here I rest my case: nasty little undercurrent of passive aggressive behaviour. I hope you're having fun jtdj. Keep completely ignoring the points I raise and continue to prove yourself a bit of a pratt by being nasty. I'm switching this program off. Thanks for the giggles.
Last edited by artpunk on Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:46 pm

wow...

:lol:

relax.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:53 pm