Smooth crossfading using the computer's keyboard

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
rockstar

Smooth crossfading using the computer's keyboard

Post by rockstar » Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:03 am

I've been playing with Live 5 and there doesn't seem to be a way to smoothly move the crossfader using the computer's keyboard. I can snap the crossfader to left, middle, and right, but I can't slowly move it unless I use the mouse or a MIDI keyboard/controller.

I'd like to be able to move the crossfader smoothly and do partial fades using the computer's keyboard. So I guess I'd like to map 5 keys:

1) Snap to left (functionality already exists)
2) Snap to middle (functionality already exists)
3) Snap to right (functionality already exists)
4) Move towards left (doesn't exist)
5) Move towards right (doesn't exist)

Thanks!

rockstar

RE: Smooth crossfading using the computer's keyboard

Post by rockstar » Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:47 pm

It is possible to click on the crossfader and then use the arrow keys on the computer's keyboard to nudge the crossfader.

What I'm asking for is the ability to assign 2 keys to work just like the right and left arrow keys with the crossfader selected, but without having to select the crossfader with the mouse first.

Thanks!

telekom

Post by telekom » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:10 pm

see what you mean rockstar. But you would have much more control using a midi controller - if you nudge the fader using the arrow keys the fader moves ata fixed rate. You don't have any option about how fast or slow you fade.
:)
MacBook Pro Retina, Live 9.5, Reason, UC33, KRK RP5s, Teenage Engineering OP1, Korg ESX2, Korg Prophecy, Clavia Nord Lead, Bass, Guitars.
http://soundcloud.com/motorradkinophone