focus track in arrangement?

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
friend_kami

focus track in arrangement?

Post by friend_kami » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:16 am

hi. i have a question. let's say that i have a track with 100+ tracks and i have a way to select all these tracks via midi or whatever, and i select via that say, track 76, is there a way to automatically put that track into view in the arrangement so you don't have to scroll up/down to find it in the arrangement? not just selecting it but make it visible to the user as well in arrangementview, ie: not shift+tab for the trackdisplay in sessionview.

reason for this is for editing, you can hit a button and it jumps to the track rather than you as a user have to sit and scroll through your tracks trying to find it.

focusing it in the sessionview works out of the box via track-headers and that's fine, but not in arrangement.

Valiumdupeuple

Re: focus track in arrangement?

Post by Valiumdupeuple » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:01 am

Hey friend_kami.
I'm fine-tuning a patch which controls the selected track with shortcuts.
If you have a way to select the track as you said, then my patch will jump, focus to it and uncollapse it if you want.
Just give a few more hours to polish the mess.
:wink:

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:51 pm

Valiumdupeuple wrote:Hey friend_kami.
I'm fine-tuning a patch which controls the selected track with shortcuts.
If you have a way to select the track as you said, then my patch will jump, focus to it and uncollapse it if you want.
Just give a few more hours to polish the mess.
:wink:
awesome :)

Valiumdupeuple

Post by Valiumdupeuple » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:26 am

Yes ShelLuser it works.
My patch works... the only problem is that it pollute my undo history a lot with unnecessary data.
I use the selected_track of course, and it's not such a big deal to provide IDs. And you can build an automatic "get id ...
You just have to bypass the "can set by notifications" with a deferlow...
But, then the undo history is messy...
I'll pm you the patch if you want to look at it.

Oneiroi

Post by Oneiroi » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:12 pm

Valiumdupeuple wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:26 am
Yes ShelLuser it works.
My patch works... the only problem is that it pollute my undo history a lot with unnecessary data.
I use the selected_track of course, and it's not such a big deal to provide IDs. And you can build an automatic "get id ...
You just have to bypass the "can set by notifications" with a deferlow...
But, then the undo history is messy...
I'll pm you the patch if you want to look at it.
Sorry for reviving this old thread, but is that workaround still working? I'm desperate to find a solution for this, but looking at the LOM, it doesn't seem like there is a way of finding out if the track is focused or not. I guess you could always retrieve the currently selected track index and subtract it from the newly selected track index and then scroll the view in some proportion which would match more or less the difference?