Trying2reinstall LiveBeta8.4, Where is ProgramData/Ableton?!

sadkin

Trying2reinstall LiveBeta8.4, Where is ProgramData/Ableton?!

Post by sadkin » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:32 pm

Going nuts!!...I am trying to reinstall Live 84b9 Win 64 because I think I messed it up on a previous attempt - no matter what I did, I was not able to get Live to recognize the Universal Audio powered plug-ins folder which I happily dropped in my new, 64bit VST plug-in folder. (yes, UA ver 6.4 = 64bit) (and yes I have browsed my VST folder in Live preferences and rescanned...numerous times, in fact Live is recognizing some of the other, native 64bit VST's in that very folder).

So I thought it best to try and start over. I uninstalled UA completely and Live and now during the Live install, it gets to a page where it asks to me to confirm "Install Ableton Live Beta to: (default) C:\ProgramData\Ableton\Live 8 Beta\. When I click 'Next' - as to proceed with that file destination, it gets rejected, essentially, with a window which reads: "Folder Already Exists You can Only install Live to a new folder"...The options presented are to either go back to the previous window and change the destination folder (which I think may be messing with my VST issue) or just to cancel install?!

I have been trying to find this Ableton folder but can't even find PragramData folder in Windows!!!...thinking I'd delete the Ableton folder, whatever. Anyways, I have a hunch this is playing a part in my not being able to get Live 84b9 win 64 to recognize the UA plugs. How can I gain access to this folder and delete it so I can re-install from scratch!?

[mal]

Re: Trying2reinstall LiveBeta8.4, Where is ProgramData/Ableton?!

Post by [mal] » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:27 pm

Hi,

I am sorry to hear you have issues, what you describe is already in our bug tracker and I can give you a few hints to resolve this.

1) Go to windows control panel and select "folder options" and select "view"
2) Under hidden files and folders, select "Show hidden files and folder types"
3) Now the c:/ProgrammData folder is visible and you can delete the folder by hand at least.

We are also aware of the replace function now working as expected.

For the UAD problem - Please go to the c:/Program files/UAD (which is are the 64 bit versions, 32 is under c:/Program files (x86)/UAD)
Copy these plugins to a new direcotry, i.e c:/VST64/UAD
Point live to that folder and rescan.

I had minor issues with the UAD installer, that it would land the 32 bit version in my 64 bit folder, but once I corrected that by hand it worked wonders, and it sounds as if the 64 bit version of live is lookign at 32 bit plugins.

Truely sorry for your troubles and hope this helped a bit.

Best,
Mads

sadkin

Post by sadkin » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:42 pm

Thank you!!!! ...it worked!!!!

UAD and Live 84b9 64bit work!!!..together...
it was indeed copying the correct UA folder ...interestingly, I think the UA installer places their plug-ins folder(s) in three different places on the C: drive. I had located and copied/replaced another which I really thought were 64bit (especially since they show up in Wavelab 7 LE 64bit...which now seems curious?). Your direction to copy the UA folder located at c:program files/Universal Audio was the ticket...

thank you, thank you, thank you

[mal]

Post by [mal] » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:48 pm

welcome welcome welcome ;)

Closing this thread.