Everyone is buying Beats, but still feeling my beyerdynamic.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Sibanger

Re: Everyone is buying Beats, but still feeling my beyerdynamic.

Post by Sibanger » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:35 pm

This......
beatmunga wrote:
Or this.....

Who would you trust ????

:lol:

beatmunga

Post by beatmunga » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:38 pm

No contest.

It's Parters all the way, isn't it?
mendeldrive wrote:NOBODY designs their own sounds... There is ZERO point in reinventing the wheel.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:47 pm

8O jebus chris! that dude puts the saying "long in the tooth" into perspective.
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

rikhyray

Post by rikhyray » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:06 am

beatmunga wrote:There's only 1 industry standard headphone. Made by Beyer.

DT100s.
So finally someone posting headphones which make Beats shine, or even iPod ear buds. DT 100 - the worst headphones ever made, ever seen in the studios - good isolation, low price and the most dreadful sound in the history of audio industry.

beatmunga

Post by beatmunga » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:08 am

rikhyray wrote:

DT100s.
So finally someone posting headphones which make Beats shine, or even iPod ear buds. DT 100 - the worst headphones ever made, ever seen in the studios - good isolation, low price and the most dreadful sound in the history of audio industry.
I bet you have a pair of Beats, Ricky Ray.
mendeldrive wrote:NOBODY designs their own sounds... There is ZERO point in reinventing the wheel.

rikhyray

Post by rikhyray » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:17 am

beatmunga wrote:
rikhyray wrote:

DT100s.
I bet you have a pair of Beats, Ricky Ray.
I bet you have no clue about anything pro audio related, kid.

OzWozEre

Post by OzWozEre » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:18 am

I have a pair of DT880 Pros...

Love 'em.

I don't give a fuck what Dr.Dre "uses".

:evil:
Macbook Pro (2.5 Dual, 4gb) / 30" Cinema Display (I don't give a fuck about no multi-monitor support)

beatmunga

Post by beatmunga » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:20 am

rikhyray wrote:I bet you have no clue about anything pro audio related, kid.

Is the yoga still not working, Rick?

So much anger...

Sibanger

Post by Sibanger » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:25 am

Type in 'Beats' into google.......

8O

Gotta get me a new interweb search engine......

beatmunga

Post by beatmunga » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:31 am

Sibanger wrote:Type in 'Beats' into google.......

8O

Gotta get me a new interweb search engine......
That is genuinely fucking scary...

rikhyray

Post by rikhyray » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:38 am

beatmunga wrote:
rikhyray wrote:I bet you have no clue about anything pro audio related, kid.

Is the yoga still not working, Rick?

So much anger...
Anger? You repeat like a parrot, or kid without your own thinking, proper research not just marketing info that you found on manufacturer site. The reasons for DT 100 popularity was robust construction, low price, easily replaceable parts and the isolation, making them useful for TV camera men, tracking in the studios, but just for those obsessive with very loud click, no demanding artist would use DT 100 even for tracking.
Anyone who ever used, tried DT 100 knows that. It is not not any secret, contrary common knowledge in audio industry since decades.
BTW. if you want to address me directly , how about learning how to spell.

[art]

Post by [art] » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:39 am

has anyone got the dt 880's? thinking of getting them next

currently own the 990's, but to be honest always had problems with the left channel. they're still listenable but the bass blows out a bit in some of the lower frequencies if I'm driving them too hard... should have had them replaced when i spotted it but the warranty lapsed

so i figure i'd get a new pair, coz like everyone here i just love them

but i did notice here in australia the price of a new pair has dropped to about $150 less than what they were when i bought them in 2005. about $250

but the dt 880's are back up at that 400 dollar mark.

jut wondering if anyone has any thought o the difference between the two models, otherwise will go for the 770's

beatmunga

Post by beatmunga » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:50 am

rikhyray wrote: Anger? You repeat like a parrot, or kid without your own thinking, proper research not just marketing info that you found on manufacturer site. The reasons for DT 100 popularity was robust construction, low price, easily replaceable parts and the isolation, making them useful for TV camera men, tracking in the studios, but just for those obsessive with very loud click, no demanding artist would use DT 100 even for tracking.
Anyone who ever used, tried DT 100 knows that. It is not not any secret, contrary common knowledge in audio industry since decades.
BTW. if you want to address me directly , how about learning how to spell.
Chill, wise one!

I think most could deduce from my less than glamorous photo of the 100s in use that I was not being entirely serious.

Although, ironically you've just proved a point that there is often more to headphones than just the sound. Comfort, loudness, isolation and build quality are perhaps more important if you already own a studio with trusted speakers, and neighbours aren't an issue. Or as you may vulgarly put it, you are a .. ahem, .. pro.

Personally, I only use 'phones for tracking and checking mixes right at the final stage. And for listening to spoken word podcasts when walking/doing chores.

If you want a pro job (there's that word you love so much again Ricky), I'd recommend decent monitor speakers for everything else where possible.

But then what would I know? I must bow to your pro experience, obviously.

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:39 am

vitalispopoff wrote:completely agree. got a dt150 and although I look like a cameraman from '70s tv station, wouldn't exchange it for any other headphones even if paid for that.
Are they the ones with the mic as well? I have an old pair of dt100s that I used to use for a while, but they were like sticking a pair of NS10s in suction cups over my ears and felt like they were sucking all the oxygen out of my body and decompressing my head via my ear drums after a night of making house or techno on them. They are definitely good for tracking vocals etc though..

I got the 250s and they were a lot more comfortable and have used them ever since. I would love the 770s but they were a bit more expensive and I've always been happy with the 250s

rikhyray

Post by rikhyray » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:11 am

Forge wrote: "I have an old pair of dt100s that I used to use for a while, but they were like sticking a pair of NS10s in suction cups over my ears and felt like they were sucking all the oxygen out of my body and decompressing my head via my ear drums after a night of making house or techno on them. They are definitely good for tracking vocals etc though."
That`s what I meant, anyone who ever tried, seen, had DT100 in their hands, or worse on their ears knows that. 10-20 years ago they were seen all over the studios, studio musicians hated them, many rather bringing their own cans, using DT100 was a torture.
Mr.Mongo your are making fool of yourself.