White House has to respond to demand to build a Death Star

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.

H20nly

Re: White House has to respond to demand to build a Death Star

Post by H20nly » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:57 am

Hell Yeah!! :twisted:

eddiex

Post by eddiex » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:35 am

my guess on the response, a very short and sweet "no"
cloud>https://soundcloud.com/eddiexdarko
i love you,please don't die.

eddiex

Post by eddiex » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:38 am

while i think this is funny, what a waste of time and taxpayer money with all these idiotic requests. i bet it will cost at least a few grand for them to respond to this dumb ass sh%t.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:58 pm

eddiex wrote:while i think this is funny, what a waste of time and taxpayer money with all these idiotic requests. i bet it will cost at least a few grand for them to respond to this dumb ass sh%t.

I’d agree to an extent but the government is already wasting time arguing things based strictly on party hardliners and they have clearly lost their shit and purpose. We might as well throw something entertaining in there from time to time.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:01 pm

On that note here's another petition linked from that article.

:lol:

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:07 pm

I'm sure there are generals who let out a tear of joy if they found out the american people were petitioning for a death star. There's got to be at least one who's had it as a childhood dream, even what made them join the military in the first place.

I just want to see Obama publicy say "and no, we're not going to build a death star", like a parent telling their kid they can't do something ridiculous, but they think it's kinda funny.
ImageImage

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:24 pm

ha ha

this right there is why they don't open things up to the public

why didn't they make it flying cars? I want a flying car.. better still a flying saucer.. I know those sneaky bastards have those stashed away somewhere

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:02 pm

beats me wrote:
eddiex wrote:while i think this is funny, what a waste of time and taxpayer money with all these idiotic requests. i bet it will cost at least a few grand for them to respond to this dumb ass sh%t.

I’d agree to an extent but the government is already wasting time arguing things based strictly on party hardliners and they have clearly lost their shit and purpose. We might as well throw something entertaining in there from time to time.
this.

still, i would rather them spend a month looking at Death Star proposals... even if they say no... than spend another day wasting all of our time with these "negotiations" where the Republicans pretend that the Dems won't play ball because they want to raise taxes on the wealthy. :x
H20nly wrote: :x
this
H20nly wrote: :x
repeated for clarification
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:21 pm

I think US citizens would actually get excited about a Death Star construction on a lot of levels. The current space architecture of tampons with wings isn’t very satisfying or futuristic looking. :x

eddiex

Post by eddiex » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:44 pm

i guess the upside to all of this is, if they do build a death star, it would pretty much take care of the unemployment problem. at least for construction workers.

eddiex

Post by eddiex » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:47 pm

i skimmed through a lot of those open petitions...i guess what makes me sad is that, there is some serious stuff in there, that only has like 600 signatures. it would be nice, if some of those drew as much attention.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:57 pm

eddiex wrote:i guess the upside to all of this is, if they do build a death star, it would pretty much take care of the unemployment problem. at least for construction workers.

But with globalization and other countries stepping up to the plate with resource needs we’d probably have to get materials from other countries and there would be some awkward negotiations going on. Maybe we could use the guise of a new Disney theme park in space.

eddiex

Post by eddiex » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:05 pm

beats me wrote:
eddiex wrote:i guess the upside to all of this is, if they do build a death star, it would pretty much take care of the unemployment problem. at least for construction workers.

But with globalization and other countries stepping up to the plate with resource needs we’d probably have to get materials from other countries and there would be some awkward negotiations going on. Maybe we could use the guise of a new Disney theme park in space.
ohh yeah....a death star with mickey mouse ears!!!

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:13 pm

that's what i see as the biggest hurdle... where to steal funding...

House funding panel checklist:

Increase Medicare costs - maybe
Decrease Medicare coverage - yes
Raise retirement age - strong possibility
Borrow from public schools - looking good
Cut other defense programs - NEVER!
Raise middle class taxes - sounds good. real good.
Raise upper class taxes - are you out of your goddam minds! No! NEVER!
Cut third world support programs - only to countries without exploitable resources... but we don't help countries without exploitable resources. Oh, well... maybe.
Outsource to Ewoks of Endor - maybe
Outsource to Cloners of Kamino - maybe
Pick fight and go to war with China over base distraction type indecent - overthrow Chinese goverment - create pipeline to rare earth metals - add to wishlist.

and so it goes... round and round... where she stops nobody knows until something explodes....

+ 1 for sticking giant ears on it. one ear for the NFL ticket and the other for sending a constant stream of 1s and 0s to the far depths of the galaxy.
Last edited by H20nly on Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.