Gun control? We need medication control!!!!!

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Vivo

Gun control? We need medication control!!!!!

Post by Vivo » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:52 pm

http://www.naturalnews.com/038353_gun_c ... Lanza.html

I'd bet money this kid was on Prozac, Ritalin or some other prescription drug that caused him to go mad.

Bottom line, some people can successfully digest these drugs and for them the drug works.

However, some people can not and for them they go completely insane.

----------------------------------

http://www.yourlawyer.com/articles/titl ... er-suicide

"This is the first case involving Lilly that we have hard scientific proof that our client had a hard time metabolizing Prozac," he said.

A blood test found high levels of fluoxetine, Prozac's active ingredient, in the body of Clarkston, Mich., police officer Daren Alli following his May 23, 2001 suicide, the lawsuit alleges.

Alli had taken Prozac for three days to alleviate a "mild" case of depression, but threw the pills in the toilet after they made him "jumpy" and "jittery," said his widow, Michele.

Four days later, the SWAT team captain shot himself in the head with a .38-caliber revolver.

"I know that Daren did not make this decision. Those drugs took him from us," said Michele Alli, a registered nurse and mother of two.

The lawsuit alleged that a human enzyme dubbed CYP2D6 normally metabolizes or breaks down Prozac and similar drugs in the body, but fails to do so in a minority of people. In their bodies, the active ingredient in Prozac builds up to high levels, putting them at risk of violence and suicide, the lawsuit alleged.

------------------------------
Violence in Schools? It's the Prozac and Ritalin Stupid!

http://www.totalityofbeing.com/Frameles ... lence.html
Last edited by Vivo on Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beatmunga

Re: Shooting = gun problem or sociological problem?

Post by beatmunga » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:27 pm

He was probably a psychopath. 1 in 100 people are.

Don't pity them. They don't pity the rest of us, as we keep learning with events like this.

Guns are bad. Psychos are really bad.

Giving psychos (.ie. 1 person in 100 globally) easy access to guns? Wise?

What you think about that seems to depend largely on what country you live in.
mendeldrive wrote:NOBODY designs their own sounds... There is ZERO point in reinventing the wheel.

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:20 pm

dichotomous thinking, good or bad?

Vivo

Post by Vivo » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:20 pm

http://cegant.com/commentary/school-sho ... tric-drugs

School Violence

The following are reports of teens committing acts of school violence during an 18 year period from 1988-2006 (footnote 3), beginning only one year after the first SSRI antidepressant was approved for the U.S. market for adult use only. More than half of the teens committing these acts were taking SSRI antidepressants.

1. September 26, 1988, South Carolina: James Wilson, 19, went on a shooting spree in an elementary schoolyard in Greenwood, killing two 8 year olds, and wounding 7 other children and 2 teachers. He was taking Xanax and for the eight months prior to the shooting had been taking several psychiatric drugs.

2. October 1, 1997, Pearl, Mississippi: Luke Woodham, 16, shot two students to death and wounded seven others after beating and stabbing his mother to death. Public reports say the boy was taking Prozac.
3. December 1, 1997, West Paducah, Kentucky: 14-year-old Michael Carneal was on Ritalin, when he started firing a gun during a prayer meeting at a high school, killing three teens aged 14 to 17, and wounding five other students, including one who is paralyzed.

4. March 1998, Arkansas: Andrew Golden, 11, and cousin Mitchell Johnson, 13, went on a shooting spree at Westside Middle School in Arkansas, killing four students and one teacher. Nine students and a teacher were also wounded. In a review of the book Teenage Rampage: The Worldwide Youth Phenomenon, both boys were reported to be taking Ritalin.
5. May 21, 1998, Oregon: 15-year-old Kip Kinkel murdered his parents and then proceeded to school where he opened fire on students in the cafeteria, killing two and wounding 22. Kinkel had been taking Prozac and an amphetamine.
6. Pocatello, Idaho: An unnamed 14 year old held 5 classmates hostage with a gun. He surrendered to the police and fortunately no one was hurt. He was taking Zoloft.

7. April 16, 1999, Idaho: 15-year-old Shawn Cooper fired two shotgun rounds in his school, narrowly missing students. He was taking a prescribed SSRI antidepressant and Ritalin.
8. April 29, 1999, Taber, Alberta: An unnamed 14-year-old student from W.R. Myers High School shot two students, killing one. He began taking prescribed Dexedrine immediately prior to the shooting.
9. April 20, 1999, Colorado: 18-year-old Eric Harris, the ringleader in the Columbine massacre was taking Luvox that the coroner confirmed was in his system through toxicology reports. He and his co-shooter, Dylan Klebold killed 12 students and a teacher and wounded 23 others before killing themselves.
10. May 20, 1999, Georgia: 15-year-old T.J. Solomon was being treated with Ritalin when he opened fire on and wounded six of his classmates.
11. December 6, 1999, Fort Gibson, Oklahoma: 13-year-old Seth Trickey fired at least 15 shots at Fort Gibson Middle School wounding four classmates. He was undergoing psychological counseling and was probably being medicated, although those records are sealed.

12. March 7, 2000, Williamsport, Pennsylvania: Elizabeth Bush, 14, was taking Prozac when she shot at fellow students, wounding one.

13. January 10, 2001, Oxnard, California: A 17-year-old gunman fired shots at Hueneme High School before taking a female student hostage. He was later shot and killed by police. Prior to the shooting he had been treated for mental illness and was probably taking psychiatric drugs.
14. March 22, 2001, California: 18-year-old Jason Hoffman opened fire on his classmates, wounding three students and two teachers at Granite Hills High School. He had been prescribed the antidepressants Celexa and Effexor.
15. April 2001, Washington State: 16-year-old Cory Baadsgaard took a rifle to his high school and took 23 classmates and a teacher hostage. According to another student, “Cory was yelling and then he just stopped, looked down at the gun in his hand and woke up.” Fortunately, no one was hurt. Cory had been taking Effexor and had no memory of the incident.

16. January 2003, Elliot City, Maryland: Ryan T. Furlough, 19, killed a Centennial High School classmate by spiking his soda with cyanide. He was being treated with Effexor.

17. February 2004, Greenbush, New York: 16-year-old, Jon Romano strolled into Columbia high school in east Greenbush and opened fire with a shotgun. Special education teacher Michael Bennett was hit in the leg. The boy was treated with medication for depression.

18. March, 2005, Minnesota: Jeff Weise, 16, shot dead his grandparents, then went to his school on the Red Lake Indian Reservation where he shot dead 8 students and a teacher, and wounded 7 before killing himself. He was taking Prozac.
19. November 8, 2005, Jacksboro, Tennessee: Kenneth Bartley, a student in high school shot and killed an assistant principal. The principal and another assistant principal were wounded. He had previously spent about a year and a half in a residential juvenile treatment program, where he was likely prescribed psychiatric drugs.

20. August 30, 2006, Hillsborough, North Carolina: Alvaro Castillo, 19, killed his father, then opened fire at Orange High School, wounding two students before surrendering to police. He had been involuntarily treated in a state psychiatric hospital, and such commitment nearly always involves drugs.
21. October 10, 2006, Charleston, South Carolina: Tyrell Glover, 19, took an air rifle to Burke High School where he planned to hold students hostage and be gunned down by police. He had been taking an antidepressant for several years but his mother took him off the drug when she saw the listed side effects in ads. However, Tyrell began taking Prozac again for approximately six months. Whether he was taking a psychiatric drug or withdrawing from it at the time of this hostage/suicide plan is yet to be confirmed.

The number of drug-related school shootings are dwarfed by the number of non-school-related violent events associated with psychiatric medication use. Many school shooting cases have had their court documents sealed, especially if minors are involved, and the extent of the chemical use is often never revealed. The psychiatric drug-related violence noted in the cases above was discovered mostly by reporters who dug up the data, usually reporting it as an “incidental” finding!

Thomas Lane did not go to Chardon High, instead attending nearby Lake Academy, which is for students with academic or behavioral problems, making it extremely unlikely that he was not being medicated with psychiatric drugs. But we may never know if his records are sealed too, which I suspect often happens due to pressure from Big Pharma or from those politically positioned to benefit from the pharmaceutical companies money.

Vivo

Post by Vivo » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:30 pm

fishmonkey wrote:dichotomous thinking, good or bad?
Everyone is missing the point. It's not a gun or a sociological problem. It's a drug problem.

Read the articles I've posted in this thread.

aisling

Post by aisling » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:41 pm

While I am following you completely, remember this is the lounge. If you can't say it in 3 sentences or less, the attention span gets lost....unless of course the topic is dub step.
But I totally agree with your point!
http://soundcloud.com/aislingbeing

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

beatmunga

Post by beatmunga » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:51 pm

It would have to be The Corporations' fault yet again, wouldn't it?

We have to accept that some people are just born bad. Always have been, always will be.

Drugs are like water off a duck's back to them, either way. They don't really exacerbate, they certainly don't cure.

Even LSD or MDMA don't curb psychopaths natural tendencies. They've tried it.

I agree with ailing on another thread - we need to screen for these people.

And if a parent finds their kid torturing a kitten they need to do the decent thing and at least have them incarcerated forever for the greater good.

Because it will only end badly.
Last edited by beatmunga on Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mendeldrive wrote:NOBODY designs their own sounds... There is ZERO point in reinventing the wheel.

Vivo

Post by Vivo » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:54 pm

aisling wrote:
While I am following you completely, remember this is the lounge. If you can't say it in 3 sentences or less, the attention span gets lost....unless of course the topic is dub step.
But I totally agree with your point!
Your right, I'm changing the title.

Vivo

Post by Vivo » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:58 pm

beatmunga wrote:It would have to be The Corporations' fault yet again, wouldn't it?

We have to accept that some people are just born bad. Always have been, always will be.

Drugs are like water of a duck's back to them, either way. They don't really exacerbate, they certainly don't cure.

And if a parent finds their kid torturing a kitten they need to do the decent thing and at least have them incarcerated forever for the greater good.

In my first post, I put a story about a SWAT team captain who shot himself 3 days after taking prozac.

aisling

Re: Gun control? We need medication control!!!!!

Post by aisling » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:18 pm

Vivo wrote:
aisling wrote:we need more effective emotional and mental health screening for our youth
We only need to ask one simple question to determine “what could have set the Newtown connecticut gunman off.” That question is: What psychiatric drug was he taking or withdrawing from? Sometimes simple questions are the hardest to ask. That question would be hard for the media to ask, because after reporting the event, taking station breaks for advertisements for antidepressants and sedatives might give big media editors and producers indigestion, since their very existence depends on Big Pharma sponsorship.

http://cegant.com/commentary/school-sho ... tric-drugs
cont. from another thread..
I am an RN and while I don't interact with the pediatric population, It is amazing how many pts I get who are on anti depressants, which become disrupted while in the hospital stay because the MD did not follow through and order them during the hospital stay....
The behavioral episodes I witness, are endless....while just the other day walked into a room where a guy was dis impacting his own bowel, said there were rocks up there.....then proceeded to rip his IV out with the brown hand. :?
http://soundcloud.com/aislingbeing

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:23 pm

aisling wrote: remember this is the lounge. If you can't say it in 3 sentences or less, the attention span gets lost....!

THIS.

ffs.

:x
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:26 pm

meh.

I'm more interested in the number of Psychos that BIG PHARMA has fucking kept in check.

FFS.

:x

beatmunga

Post by beatmunga » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:28 pm

Vivo wrote:
beatmunga wrote:It would have to be The Corporations' fault yet again, wouldn't it?

Drugs are like water of a duck's back to them, either way. They don't really exacerbate, they certainly don't cure.

In my first post, I put a story about a SWAT team captain who shot himself 3 days after taking prozac.
Did he shoot a load of primary school children first?

Suicidal people are not generally homicidal. Whereas the inverse seems more common.

No drugs we know of generally are guaranteed to make anyone homicidal - if one existed, the military would be pumping our soldiers full of them.

Perhaps they are.

I think your argument about drugs is the tail wagging the dog - these psychos are put on medication by a namby-pamby touchy-feely culture that has diagnosed them as wrong but is scared to lock them away, and even more scared to deny them the right to bear arms.

To blame the medicators for this is like blaming the people that built an inadequate sea wall for a devastatingly huge tsunami.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:28 pm

Or, instead of using BIG PHARMA to dope these people up, we could just do what our forefathers did and..

burn them at the stake
torture them to get the demons out
lock them up in horrid, squalid places of filth
send them to Australia

:P