Introducing Alpha Hotel

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
AlphaHotelMusic

Introducing Alpha Hotel

Post by AlphaHotelMusic » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:50 am

Hello Ableton Community! I'm new to the program, having received the Intro Version for Christmas, and I hope to make some nifty tunes. My favorite artists are Daft Punk, Deadmau5, Justice, and Wolfgang Gartner.

Any tips for beginner Ableton users (especially concerning additional VSTs) would be appreciated. Thanks for reading!
Alpha Hotel
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
-Walt Disney

Eventful

Re: Introducing Alpha Hotel

Post by Eventful » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:01 am

AlphaHotelMusic wrote:Hello Ableton Community! I'm new to the program, having received the Intro Version for Christmas, and I hope to make some nifty tunes. My favorite artists are Daft Punk, Deadmau5, Justice, and Wolfgang Gartner.

Any tips for beginner Ableton users (especially concerning additional VSTs) would be appreciated. Thanks for reading!
Ableton Live is capable of doing exactly 1,405,284,356.4 things. You will have to be more specific about what you want tips for. c:
But hai.
funken wrote: The whipping must put air in and this stops it exploding.

doghouse

Post by doghouse » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:03 pm

Hello AlphaHotel! Welcome to the forum.

As far as VSTs, there's great free ones out there that will help you get going.

Togu Audio Line nice free VSTs emulating Roland analogs and some effects, Win and Mac

u-he Tyrell free VST based on a "dream synth" design by readers of a German synth magazine, Win and Mac

UGO Audio these are Windows only

AlphaHotelMusic

Post by AlphaHotelMusic » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:40 am

funken wrote:You sound like you have experience of another DAW already. Is that correct?
Not quite. I produce lots of music on LittleBigPlanet 2, and I hope Ableton will open up some possibilities, but I haven't found good sounds yet. I'm looking at the Arturia Minimoog, Massive, Analog, and Operator, but all I can see are dollar signs ;)
Alpha Hotel
-Walt Disney

scott nathaniel

Post by scott nathaniel » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:50 am

AlphaHotelMusic wrote:
funken wrote:You sound like you have experience of another DAW already. Is that correct?
Not quite. I produce lots of music on LittleBigPlanet 2, and I hope Ableton will open up some possibilities, but I haven't found good sounds yet. I'm looking at the Arturia Minimoog, Massive, Analog, and Operator, but all I can see are dollar signs ;)
How much for a room at the Alpha Hotel? I'd like to book a suite with a queensize bed for myself and d.reamonn. Mind you, he's the alpha, I'm the beta, but betas are always the closest to release. Anyway, how much?

AlphaHotelMusic

Post by AlphaHotelMusic » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:59 am

Umm...the French Touch suite is $909.

*ba dum tss*
Alpha Hotel
-Walt Disney

scott nathaniel

Post by scott nathaniel » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:07 am

AlphaHotelMusic wrote:Umm...the French Touch suite is $909.

*ba dum tss*
Unfortunately, my significant other despises both the French and the 909. Per chance, we could take the Japanese Kabuki Suite for $808?

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:24 am

Any chance of you to "tone down" your signature? That is burning my eye balls :D

d.reamonn

Post by d.reamonn » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:16 am

Did you know that the character doesn't necessarily have to be closed for you to color it in? It just has to be 2 dimensional, ie an not "i" or "l".
https://soundcloud.com/maybe-logic

"I wanted to not like your [music], but it's actually pretty awesome. Banana hammock."
- eddiex

AlphaHotelMusic

Post by AlphaHotelMusic » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:27 am

jestermgee wrote:Any chance of you to "tone down" your signature? That is burning my eye balls :D
Yes, please. I just want it to be smaller. It's actually a picture from LittleBigPlanet 2.
Alpha Hotel
-Walt Disney