Alot of plugin sales-fabfilter won't be competing

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
tintala

Alot of plugin sales-fabfilter won't be competing

Post by tintala » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:20 pm

Izotope OZONE is only 199$, Waves is 50% on some of their plugins, Ilio just sent me some sale coupons, they are all affordable..... however, i like fabfilter pro q, but according to my account there, they do not offer screaming deals... :roll:

so i wrote them an email asking if they would match the price of the mastering bundle of Ozone, for 199, at fabfilter I would have to spend 120$ MORE for less features and plugins..... they finally wrote back to me and said :( sorry charlie, we are expensive and we know it, and we dont want to participate in the discount sale frenzy of the other companies.... I was like, daym.. had to try though...

OZONE has the works, but PROQ is as much as the whole Ozone package that is wack! 8O :o

pencilrocket

Re: Alot of plugin sales-fabfilter won't be competing

Post by pencilrocket » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:28 pm

It's just digital EQ. You buy its UI and function. Not sound. There is no need to wait their sale unless you can't live without their UI. Get same result with the other tools.

locojohn

Post by locojohn » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:42 pm

pencilrocket wrote:It's just digital EQ. You buy its UI and function. Not sound. There is no need to wait their sale unless you can't live without their UI. Get same result with the other tools.
Not true. They (FabFilter) know how to build very good quality digital filters and in my own experience the EQ is very very clean. The LPF is of very good quality. For me FabFilter plugins aren't just about the GUI.

My two cents.

Andrejs
/*
  • the basic tone of life remains the same,
    and in it there are some happy melodies
    and some sad melodies
    - sekito kisen
*/

footsy

Post by footsy » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:03 pm

I use pro-q simply because of the color scheme and how precise it is. I have tried Ozone on my friends computer wasn't impressed by it...

It doesn't make it sound any different, and Ozone seems to have more features anyways with the multi-band and what not.
"A Positive mind is the Key to success" - Tydi

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:27 pm

I'll take Fabfilter over Ozone any day.

tech44

Post by tech44 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:50 pm

I'm beta testing Live 9 now. You may want to wait to try the updated EQ with 9 if you plan on updating.
-----
Audiobombs.com: Free ableton racks, soundsets, touchosc templates and more.

Sage

Post by Sage » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:52 pm

I picked up Wave H-EQ as it works out under £50. But anyway, Ozone is intended for mastering, so its a different set of plugins compared to what Fabfilter offer.

remute99

Post by remute99 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:52 pm

Sage wrote:I picked up Wave H-EQ as it works out under £50. But anyway, Ozone is intended for mastering, so its a different set of plugins compared to what Fabfilter offer.

Or DMG Equick - http://www.dmgaudio.com/products_equick.php
Mac Pro
Quad-Core Intel Xeon 2 x 2.8 GHz
10 GB RAM
OSX 10.5.6

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:52 pm

Ozone is a good plug in, I just think it has a lot of clutter most people don't need for mastering their own work. A good EQ and a good Limiter will set most people on the right path IMVHO.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:53 pm

remute99 wrote:
Sage wrote:I picked up Wave H-EQ as it works out under £50. But anyway, Ozone is intended for mastering, so its a different set of plugins compared to what Fabfilter offer.

Or DMG Equick - http://www.dmgaudio.com/products_equick.php
+1. I chose eQuality over Pro-Q myself for my day to day mastering, very flexible and great sounding EQ.

tintala

Post by tintala » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:16 pm

tech44 wrote:I'm beta testing Live 9 now. You may want to wait to try the updated EQ with 9 if you plan on updating.

I thought about this, but PROQ is gorgeous. I know the new Live 9 eq will have a spectrum analyzer and maybe all I need for mastering my own... however, the limiter and compressor on Live leaves alot to be desired...the fabfilter ones look like they blow away lives . I have also read that with ozone one can really muck up their mix easily.

Sage

Post by Sage » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:50 pm

Live's comp is really good to be fair. Plus with The Glue now being part of Live and that being one of the best software comps out there... That said, I am interested in a 3rd party comp just to have something familiar in both Live & Logic and I don't like Logic's comp to start with.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:03 pm

I have to agree, I was VERY impressed with the new Live 9 EQ and comps, they sound really nice.

tintala

Post by tintala » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:27 pm

Tarekith wrote:I have to agree, I was VERY impressed with the new Live 9 EQ and comps, they sound really nice.
so do you think they (comp and eq) compete with high quality plugins, like fab or ozone, or waves? I am on the fence , since I have not heard Live 9 new plugins yet..i have to take this forums advice on my decisions... it would save me over 200$ if i didn't buy these plugins from fabfilter.

estevan carlos benson

Post by estevan carlos benson » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:20 am

I've been leaning towards Ozone. Tell me more about Fabfilter.
Live 9 Suite | M4L | MacBook Pro Quadcore 16gb ram | APC40
estevancarlos.com | The Handsomest Drowned Man