Could someone measure their Micron (!) keyboard for me?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
lolalola

Could someone measure their Micron (!) keyboard for me?

Post by lolalola » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:43 am

... I need to know the dimensions of the keyboard across and up (see photo below) ... this would be much appreciated, thanks! :)

Eventful

Re: Could someone measure their Micron (!) keyboard for me?

Post by Eventful » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:58 pm

lolalola wrote:... I need to know the dimensions of the keyboard across and up (see photo below) ... this would be much appreciated, thanks! :)

Dude, who even has one of these? If they're full-sized keys, they'll be 20.5" by 5".
Otherwise, I can't help you. I can't be bothered to go to the local music shop to measure one. .-.
funken wrote: The whipping must put air in and this stops it exploding.

lolalola

Post by lolalola » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:47 pm

Eventful wrote:
lolalola wrote:... I need to know the dimensions of the keyboard across and up (see photo below) ... this would be much appreciated, thanks! :)

Dude, who even has one of these? If they're full-sized keys, they'll be 20.5" by 5".
Otherwise, I can't help you. I can't be bothered to go to the local music shop to measure one. .-.
Trolling much? What are you, like 12?

v00d00ppl

Post by v00d00ppl » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:17 pm

I used to have a micron but sold it after 3 months of owning it. Programming was a pain and those keys are only velocity sensitive. If you are thinking of using the keys to control drums and such in live get a decent Yamaha, studio logic , or novation keys. What's your reason for getting a micron?
SSL X Desk / Apollo Twin Solo / Sherman Restyler / Ensoniq EPS Classic / Analog Keys / Handsome Audio Zulu

Eventful

Post by Eventful » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:20 pm

lolalola wrote:
Eventful wrote:

Trolling much? What are you, like 12?
Trolling? Not at all.

Internet slang: a troll (pron.: /?tro?l/, /?tr?l/) is someone who posts inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[3]

In fact, calling me a twelve year old makes you the troll, love. I took the time to measure my keyboards and average their size, because the other users of this forum rarely post helpful responses to this type of query. Please grow up.

lolalola

Post by lolalola » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:24 pm

One week on the Ableton forums and you're already spreading venom. Lovely stuff. And don't call me love.
For the record .... some people DO own Alesis Microns. Sorry if that falls below your hipster criteria. Love.

lolalola

Post by lolalola » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:26 pm

"Dude, who even has one of these?" - I do.
"I can't be bothered to go to the local music shop to measure one" - then stay off this thread.
"because the other users of this forum rarely post helpful responses to this type of query." - Not true. I've had decent people answer my threads in the past. Just not this time.

lolalola

Post by lolalola » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:32 pm

v00d00ppl wrote:I used to have a micron but sold it after 3 months of owning it. Programming was a pain and those keys are only velocity sensitive. If you are thinking of using the keys to control drums and such in live get a decent Yamaha, studio logic , or novation keys. What's your reason for getting a micron?
Well, I have an old synth housing, and it needs something to go in there. ;) It will only take a 37 key keyboard though, so the Micron looks like it could fit well.

Eventful

Post by Eventful » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:05 pm

lolalola wrote:"Dude, who even has one of these?" - I do.
"I can't be bothered to go to the local music shop to measure one" - then stay off this thread.
"because the other users of this forum rarely post helpful responses to this type of query." - Not true. I've had decent people answer my threads in the past. Just not this time.
Jesus Christ. What a horrifying attitude you have. You should get that sand out of your vagina before you start typing.

p.s. If you have one of these, measure it yourself.

lolalola

Post by lolalola » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:35 pm

Eventful wrote:
lolalola wrote:"Dude, who even has one of these?" - I do.
Jesus Christ. What a horrifying attitude you have. You should get that sand out of your vagina before you start typing.

p.s. If you have one of these, measure it yourself.
I knew you'd be back - people like you (yeah, I said it) can't help themselves. Bizarrely would've expected you to be male, so double creepy/shocking to find otherwise.

krautrock

Post by krautrock » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:44 pm

Ignore the wackos on here mate, they should all be banned. I think it's 20" x 5.5", but can check later tonight for ya ;)