Using Massive / Other samples with ableton

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
SilverNeedle

Using Massive / Other samples with ableton

Post by SilverNeedle » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:15 am

New user - I can't seem to either;

search for samples within ableton that shift-CMD-F function, but it doesn't show up any of the kick's that i have littered about my hard drive?

I also have NI Komplete and stuff (brought not crack), so it'd be nice to be able to use them.

It says activate.. i would post screen shots but i have no idea how to attach them on this forum?!?

cheers

Eventful

Re: Using Massive / Other samples with ableton

Post by Eventful » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:40 am

Well. On Windows.
?Printscreen
?Ctr+V in paint and save
?Tinypic.com
?Upload image
?Choose code with [img] things around it
?Copy and paste that here.

You should consolidate all of your samples to one folder, and put them in Ableton's sample Library. Google will help you there.

I have NO idea what you're talking about with Massive. I definitely need screen shots to understand the problem.

I also find it slightly sketchy that you specified that you didn't crack it.
funken wrote: The whipping must put air in and this stops it exploding.

SilverNeedle

Post by SilverNeedle » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:10 am

what, i can't just search my system? I use logic as well, and have been using logic for quite a while so i wouldn't want to uproot all my samples.

Ill have a look at that website, any reason (mods?) why we can't upload images to this site? seems a bit weak.

cheers

Gregory Wells-King

Post by Gregory Wells-King » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:56 pm

You need to authorize Massive via the service center programe, simply connect to the internet via the PC/Mac you wish to authorize massive on and then follow what it say's when trying to start massive.

Or run the NI Service center programe and authorize all your plugins..

:roll:

darkenedsoul

Post by darkenedsoul » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:12 pm

Keeping your samples in a standard area, i.e. D:\Loops or whatever you want to call it makes it a whole lot simpler than trying to locate stuff all over your hard drive(s). In Live's browser you could have select the drive you have the samples on and go to its folder, very simple/easy. Since you didn't do this then you'll have to live with the way you have samples spread all over the place if you continue using Logic, or you could put them in a central location and change Logic to be pointing to the general location. But that's up to you. You can slack off and have to hunt all over the place or you could consolidate and make it a whole lot easier to find what you need to work with. I typically use the loop library name as the directory and under it have the various directories from the discs.

Uploading images directly to the forum is probably software configured (on admins/moderators end) and for good reason. You want to click a link and get system infected? Wake up! There are alternative sites to post your pics and then link to them in the forum thread(s).

And in regard to NI stuff, did you install the plugins into a standard folder and authorized in Service Center? If so go into Live preferences and point to the top level directory, i.e. c:\program files\vsti plugins or whatever you called it where all the NI dll files reside (if you are on windows) and Live should scan and discover them and you'll be fine once that's done. Live only currently supports 1 directory for plugins. Not sure what Live 9 will be supporting in that regard.

Mike
http://www.darkenedsoul.net - main website
Ableton Live 8.x/9.x : NI Komplete 8 : Home built 4690K 16GB 500GB SSD, 1TB 7200, 2x2TB.