Gay Forum Members

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
LoopStationZebra

Gay Forum Members

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:48 pm

Isn't it odd that we don't have any openly gay forum members?

I think so.

Are we a bunch of homophobic arseholes around here and they are scared to come out?

:x
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

d.reamonn

Re: Gay Forum Members

Post by d.reamonn » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:50 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote: Are we a bunch of homophobic arseholes around here and they are scared to come out?
^ this
https://soundcloud.com/maybe-logic

"I wanted to not like your [music], but it's actually pretty awesome. Banana hammock."
- eddiex

Homebelly

Post by Homebelly » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:18 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:Isn't it odd that we don't have any openly gay forum members?

I think so.

Are we a bunch of homophobic arseholes around here and they are scared to come out?

Why is it relevant, and what are you expecting?
Some one called Hank to finish up every post with "Lots of love, hank. And boy loops, looking good in them jeans how about a latte some time?.."..

Who cares if some one is gay, or a woman for that matter..?
15" 2.4 MBP/Live/Sampler/Operator/ Home made Dumble clone/Two Strats/One Jazz Bass.
Come and visit any time= Soundcloud

d.reamonn

Post by d.reamonn » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:29 pm

Homebelly wrote: Who cares if some one is gay, or a woman for that matter..?
I care that my girlfriend is a woman. It would be awkward otherwise.
https://soundcloud.com/maybe-logic

"I wanted to not like your [music], but it's actually pretty awesome. Banana hammock."
- eddiex

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:30 pm

Homebelly wrote:Who cares if some one is gay, or a woman for that matter..?
Lots of people, apparently. Especially feminists and gay rights activists. I'd guess that people being women or gay are on their minds most of the time.
Unsound Designer

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:31 pm

If I was gay I wouldn't bother unless some one asked me but, since asking people nowadays seems to be taboo so no one bothers coming out.
Basically its all old news and no one lacking a narcissistic disorder really cares to announce.
Im pretty sure there are a few famous (in real life) forum member's that are openly gay.. they just don't announce it when discussing music or music software.

Honestly I would rather not have people announcing shit like celebs do when they make a whole hoopla over it.

The first day on my new job I was talking to a guy about work related shit and out of no where he felt the need to say "btw im married to a man" my response was "your wife looks like a man" and he says "no, im married to a man, Im gay, but dont that let you wierd you out"
then i thought 'ok you random fuck'
What wierded me out was he felt the need to tell me he was married to a guy out of the blue.
From my previous life experiences I knew this guy was trying to test the waters, now every time I work with the guy he ask me what type of women I like and says shit like HIM :"that guy was checking you out" "do you like Angelina Jolie" ME:"no she looks old", HIM "would you go out with this chic, ME "no she looks old also" HIM "what about brad pit"
btw he looks like shrek.. I doubt most gay men have a thing for shrek.
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:33 pm

As a gay black woman I find none of this offensive. Just extremely childish.
ImageImage

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:34 pm

I find being childish fun so thanks.
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:44 pm

Oops I meant to say that in the "hit that" thread; they're all starting to look alike...
ImageImage

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:50 pm

They really are, I think we might have reached a point where we've discussed every interesting musical thing there is. we all pretty much know how to produce music and are not in need of tutorials or theory any more so, there's nothing to discuss except crap.

no computers or synths

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:56 pm

ImageImage

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:21 pm

stringtapper wrote:
Homebelly wrote:Who cares if some one is gay, or a woman for that matter..?
Lots of people, apparently. Especially feminists and gay rights activists. I'd guess that people being women or gay are on their minds most of the time.

THIS.

ffs.

:lol:

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:32 pm

I'm asking the question because:

I've actually a huge assortment of gay friends. Nearly every one of them was immediately up front about being gay. I'd say 90% let me know within the first 5min of meeting them. With most, it was like...uh, duh.

Gay people LOVE talking about being gay. FFS. It's part of nearly every conversation in one form or another. If you think this isn't true, or I'm exaggerating, you clearly don't have many gay friends. Most are gay activists in varying degrees. They care passionately about gay rights, and in this point in time it's a vital issue. It's nearly impossible for them to NOT talk about being gay. If they had equal rights across the board, and were accepted unconditionally, there would be nothing to talk about. Kinda like red haired people. Red haired people don't run around en masse talking about being red haired because it's not an issue. lol.

People around here wear their various beliefs (mostly Leftist) on their sleeves with the utmost pride. ffs. It's fucking NONSTOP with this issue or that....this identity or that.

I simply find it odd that there's not one conversation I can remember in which a forum member said they were gay or talked about issues they care about as a gay individual.

That's bizarre as shit - again, especially around here.

8O

andydes

Post by andydes » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:42 pm

Sounds like you need to meet more interesting gay people.

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:51 pm

Maybe no one that comes here in the lounge is gay (this is the place where you would talk about that thing) but Im almost positive there are people that come on here once in a while who are openly gay in real life.

And you are right about gay people (at least men) talking about it within the first few minutes here in the states. It happens all the time. So I guess the answer to you question is there is either no gay people that come into the lounge portion of the site, or there are at least no gay men that come into the lounge from the U.S.

no computers or synths