How to move almost everything over in Arrangement mode?

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
robosanta

How to move almost everything over in Arrangement mode?

Post by robosanta » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:08 am

Hi,

I was putting together a mix and want to just move everything after a specific clip over to the left a little to fix an alignment issue. I can't figure out how to do this. I want to select every clip in both my tracks *except the first one in the first track* but this doesn't work, when I try to deselect just that clip it deselects everything except one clip :( :( :(

jestermgee

Re: How to move almost everything over in Arrangement mode?

Post by jestermgee » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:17 pm

You should be able to just click+drag over the part of the arrangement you need to move to select the data and then I "think" you can use the arrow keys to move left/right.

If the tracks you need to move have data that is not a "clip" (IE it's a solid part)( then you can split the tracks to create a point to move. I know it's possible easy enough but off the top of my head I cannot think what is exactly involved.

robosanta

Post by robosanta » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:22 am

i can't click/drag it. the 2nd track overlaps with the 1st track in the time where i want to pull away from the clip on the 1st track. i want to select all, then deselect a single clip, but that won't work.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:21 am

After selecting all tracks, you can hold CTRL (on PC) then click the track you DONT want selected to unselect. Then you can move the other parts without moving the part you don't want too.

Without knowing exactly how it looks its hard to pic what you need. Maybe a screenshot?

aleenajoe

Post by aleenajoe » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:59 am

I had also the same problem but I didn't solve it but from your I think I would solve it now...