A Sound Browser software for use with Ableton Live

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
simonlb

Re: A Sound Browser software for use with Ableton Live

Post by simonlb » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:45 pm

nc2010 wrote: * when I press the first letter of a word, the cursor doesn't move to the first file with this letter (this is present in Windows' Explorer)
This would be such a nice touch if it worked, it's something that annoys me (even very slightly) on a daily basis.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:28 pm

nc2010 wrote: @jestermgee: the soft "ifoundasound" looks good, but I really wanted integration in Windows Explorer (instead of having to use a third-party software), so that I can keep my habits to browse files/folders : browse with Windows Explorer, easy copy/paste, etc.
Yeah I was hoping your little software would work with XP so that is why I started hunting again. I do a lot of SFX gathering and processing and work on films so having software that can help find sounds is a huge time saver. My SFX database is managed through a custom XML database which works well but isn't ideal and only manages my SFX database, not my samples and loops.

I have played around with the ifoundasound software which is similar to soundminer, baseheads and audiofinder but much cheaper and lacking a few features. WHat it does do real well is databasing and tagging quick and easy and it has a host of explorer management tools (copy to work folder, create custom collections etc). One feature which is really cool is the ability to create a project where you can make small collections of sounds to use with Ableton for instance and have the project open automatically when you open an Ableton set. Really useful when doing film and SFX processing to just have a heap of "maybe" files ready to go.

The other thing I find really cool about this program is they give you 60 days full no-limits trial to get right into the thing. It's already started saving me time browsing and having it open with my other tools on my second monitor is quite handy. Not perfect for everyone but for PC users who think Soundminer is too expensive and cannot get enough info on Basehead, this is a pretty good compromise.

daddytang

Post by daddytang » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:18 pm

thx nc2010. been looking for a good file finder for while. Live 9 browser drives me nuts.