Gay Forum Members

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
leisuremuffin

Re: Gay Forum Members

Post by leisuremuffin » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:44 am

@ H2Only. I suppose you're not familiar with carnival, married gras, or have never been to a New Years or Halloween party? Or really any wild party for that matter.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:31 am

Honestly? Jeez I mean really?
Let's break it down:

Gays are marginalized because of the sex act, I don't think it would be even an issue at all if it was about two men that wanted to be BFF's and shared a brotherly love, not a physical one? Why this has to be pointed out is beyond me?
Oh yeah? because people are getting annoyed that gay pride parades shove that sexuality in your face????
Christ really? silly isn't even a proper word, ignorant comes close though I don't think it's an intentional ignorance?

Beats, H2, you both live near the epicenter of gay rights in the states. Not internally acknowledging that your opinion on this might be tainted by that is making you come across as metro level homophobes. Essentially if you don't want to see a guy in ass less chaps make out with a guy wearing a jock strap and nothing else, simply put you have 364 days out of the year where you can bet that it's unlikely, unless you're in a gay area of SF, and even then unlikely.

Gay sex is what's being attacked and demonized. If you can't understand a little in your face excitement and rebellion on the part of people who feel like they get shit on by the government and 'normal' people then I don't know who you are? Basically you don't have to watch them tongue twist, but saying it's ruining the point is entirely missing the point.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:57 am

Well, the sex is what's demonized, but marriage and adoption run close 2nd and 3rd.

BTW, if you haven't seen the HBO documentary Vito, about pioneer activist Vito Russo, you should. It really is phenomenal and even addresses the whole 'in your face' celebration of gay sexuality as a direct result of repression over eons. The deep divide in the gay community itself during the early years is also fascinating.

:x
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:48 am

LoopStationZebra wrote:Well, the sex is what's demonized, but marriage and adoption run close 2nd and 3rd.
I stand by my point, if there was no sex, if it was a different situation where two men wanted to be asexual partners, it would be accepted by now, and they would be able to have civil unions and adoption.
BTW, if you haven't seen the HBO documentary Vito, about pioneer activist Vito Russo, you should. It really is phenomenal and even addresses the whole 'in your face' celebration of gay sexuality as a direct result of repression over eons. The deep divide in the gay community itself during the early years is also fascinating.
Sounds like a good watch, thanks man! There's still a deep divide, the archetypical gays VS ones who aren't obvious is the most blatant.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:05 am

wow. the level of twist is high in this thread.

maybe i'll apologize to my all my gay friends and explain that the internet told me i'm afraid of them if they act like exhibitionist clowns. yeah, i'll get right on that.

i'm done. i have nothing more to say on this.

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:25 am

I'm mostly playing hater's advocate in this thread. But also I was raised by two women who continue to live together to this day. Guess what their orientation is? Of course you had no way of knowing that until this point, but I'm just saying it now so people can quit with any further accusations that I don't know what the situation is or that I'm bordering on being a homophobe.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:31 am

H20nly wrote:wow. the level of twist is high in this thread.

maybe i'll apologize to my all my gay friends and explain that the internet told me i'm afraid of them if they act like exhibitionist clowns. yeah, i'll get right on that.

i'm done. i have nothing more to say on this.
Not afraid, annoyed and forgetting that it doesn't matter if it's for love, or for a good time.
That gays have a right to be obnoxious with their sexuality if they want to be.
Harvy Milk was really effective at times because he came across as straight, reality is why should they have to?
Why should black from Oakland get rid of their dialect? You're on the left coast like I am, and it can sometimes be unpleasant dealing with emotionally crippled people like you posted about provoking fights and blaming it on homophobia etc. and those kinds of events make it pretty easy to forget that our neighborhoods are the exception not the rule. That's all I was trying to say.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:09 am

Why would you misconstrue that?
ImageImage

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:36 am

shadx312 wrote:Why would you misconstrue that?

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:53 am

What? I'm just saying, he can't seriously think beats is calling gays gangsters.
Just when the conversation is getting somewhere let's not bring it down by taking things out of context.

I see, well I didn't realize Loops was sincere when asking with the OP. I thought he was just trying to stir the pot a little or imply about some regular here because it seemed like a silly thing to bring up (apologies, Loops).

Alright so look, in the spirit of maintaining some sort of meaningful discourse on this topic, I will attempt to contribute some sort of on-topic coherent addition from where the conversation was going:

I understand some gays don't want the public to perceive every gay as campy as the pride parade, and I understand other gays as celebrating being gay, like not every person defending the 2nd amendment is a loudmouthed gun nut (yes funken, I'm equating gays to gun nuts :roll: )
or every black person celebrates their freedom is flaunting jewelry and cars (yes, I'm equating gays to blacks :roll: ) or every woman celebrates their rights by burning their bras and being executives (yes, I'm equating gays to naked CEO's :roll: ).

So how about the not so campy gays put on their own "Not As Gay As That Parade"...when it comes down to it some people are going to be fearful and ignorant of people different than them because their fragile egos can't not be threatened by people who are different from them.
In the end it shouldn't even be a big deal but like I just said.

So yeah, on a DAW company's forum, where most of the lounge discussion consists regularly of people in the 10's, I don't find it hard to believe. Even if it wasn't intended it's asking for someone to single themselves out and open themselves up to ridicule so you can see why people would ask what the point is. So what's left is arguing who's homophobic and who isn't, defending, offending, blah blah blah.

And just like blacks listening to only whites discussing blackness I end up picturing "those crazy straight people".

I still can't understand why we haven't discussed all the reason why gay marriage is WRONG:
ImageImage

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:17 pm

Machinesworking wrote:black from Oakland get rid of their dialect

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:18 pm

leisuremuffin wrote:married gras
:?:

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:20 pm

funken wrote:Gay/black people only invented dance music.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:27 pm

Machinesworking wrote:obvious
Machinesworking wrote:i have
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phobophobia

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:29 pm

funken wrote: gay people are equated to gangsters as well as tarts.