Pets

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Tarekith

Re: Pets

Post by Tarekith » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:20 pm

My dog is my best friend, no joke.

Great studio partner, he keeps me from spending too much time in there :)

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:07 pm

I prefer the term non-human companion.

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:09 pm

Tarekith wrote: Great studio partner, he keeps me from spending too much time in there :)
:lol: too true... stares at you beaming the well formed continuous telepathic thought at you: "being here inside sucks, the park is way better, let's go to the park" until you give in.

At least that's what my dog does to me.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:22 pm

Too true. Mine's gets an hour at the dog park each morning I can't get anything done. Even then it only buys me a few hours, by mid-afternoon he starts trying to crawl into my lap to get me to play with him.

Eventful

Post by Eventful » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:36 am

Pets? I am the pet. Nyan.
funken wrote: The whipping must put air in and this stops it exploding.

Quiggers

Post by Quiggers » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:14 pm

mental border collie named harry,
he likes long walk on the beach and playing ball.

distaudio

Post by distaudio » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:29 pm

Unfortunately being in a rental property it is difficult to have a pet. But my partner and I love animals and some weekends we visit a local dog park to address our doggy withdrawals.

And yes, we do get weird looks from people when we turn up and leave with no dog.
funken wrote:My brother has a dog. I've only met it once. My brother lives a long way away. His dog's quite small but me and dog's don't get on. I'm a bit scared of it.
I know it probably sounds like an old wife's tale but dogs sense fear and they dont react to it well.

I recall when I was younger we had a Blue Heeler (Australian Cattle Dog) called Deezel she was the nicest dog really friendly and would never hurt a fly. Anyway one day my mother and I were working in the front garden of our house and Deezel was in the front garden sniffing around acting as foreman.

There was a guy who was dropping junk mail in letter boxes as he dropped the stuff into our letter box I could see him kind of acting uneasy at the sight of Deezel even though he had seen her clearly from up the road. Deezel obviously sensed it and automatically stepped forward and snarled.

Of course we quickly corrected her and no harm came of it, it was completely out of character for her, but it just goes to show how dogs react to fear.

If you were to approach your brothers dog with confidence and purpose with a smile on your face his dog will probably take a shining to you. Dogs respond to confidence.

ian_halsall

Post by ian_halsall » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:47 pm

get a Tazer

earthloop

Post by earthloop » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:20 pm

distaudio wrote:
funken wrote:My brother has a dog. I've only met it once. My brother lives a long way away. His dog's quite small but me and dog's don't get on. I'm a bit scared of it.
I know it probably sounds like an old wife's tale but dogs sense fear and they dont react to it well.

If you were to approach your brothers dog with confidence and purpose with a smile on your face his dog will probably take a shining to you. Dogs respond to confidence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iguu-rAdAI4 :P

doc holiday

Post by doc holiday » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:48 pm

She's a lot bigger now, found her in the street when she was about 6"

This is my organic lawn mower, low maintenance for the most part.

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:53 am

Mike! long time no see!

nice tortoise!

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:13 pm

is this the thread about beastiality rights? 8)

the level of oppression in world is just terrible. we need more parades to express the importance of beastiality and how oppressed that a man who happens to love his animal, a lot, can be. by bringing beastiality directly into the public eye we can raise awareness so that living in hiding and being ashamed is a thing of the past. i personally am not into beastiality, but it doesn't make the oppression of those who are any less important and any less real. these poor souls should have their time under the sun to walk around in full public disclosure drunk and practically naked with their partner at least once a year.

live and let live!

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:20 pm

funken wrote:we had gerbils in the shed... I don't have pets any more.
:wink: naughhhty naughhhhhhhty!

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:34 pm

works for you! 8)

if you can cherry pick a piece of a sentence that isn't the point of the post/paragraph and make it as though it's the only thing that was said that matters... why can't the rest of us?

i learned it by watching you brother. maybe you should add that to your tutorials. at least it will be a skill you're good at rather than one that is copied and pasted from the web.