"unreferenced samples"

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
billymozart

"unreferenced samples"

Post by billymozart » Sat Apr 12, 2003 4:41 am

hi does anyone know why Live is always asking me if I want to remove unreferenced samples, but then when I click on yes, it doesn't do it? (i.e. when I save he song the next time it asks the same stupid question--and I see the number of unreferenced samples growing, until the whole shebang starts to totter under the weight... thanks
I'd like to donate my 255 characters to the deep space fund

hat

Post by hat » Sat Apr 12, 2003 4:28 pm

I get the same thing, well, sort of, only if I click 'YES', my computer locks-up, having to do a hard reboot each time. As a result, I'm also getting overwhelming amounts of data in each sounds folder since I can't get rid of them from within Live.

I've emailed Ableton about this and other little nags but haven't heard a word.

billymozart

Post by billymozart » Sat Apr 12, 2003 11:07 pm

sounds like the same scenario, basically. sorry to say I have no useful thoughts to add. we can be grateful, though, not to be swimming the vast vast sea of Cubase's audio pool (in Cubase, all audio is managed through a very complex sample-referring system called just that) I too will e mail ableton, and return here gleaming wth positive emoticons

Ableton Please Respond :)

Post by Ableton Please Respond :) » Mon Apr 14, 2003 5:02 pm

8)

Post by Sticky » Mon Apr 14, 2003 11:35 pm

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 15, 2003 10:03 am

bump

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 15, 2003 7:44 pm

bump

hat

Post by hat » Tue Apr 15, 2003 9:55 pm

Is it common for Ableton to not reply to a customer's email? it's been nearly a week, I still get lock-ups and "Error Type 18" messages when I choose Yes at the unreferenced samples option. Is it just an OS 9.2 thing?

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 16, 2003 3:46 am

bump

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 16, 2003 11:05 pm

bump

billymozart

Post by billymozart » Sun Apr 27, 2003 4:37 am

hat wrote:Is it common for Ableton to not reply to a customer's email? it's been nearly a week, I still get lock-ups and "Error Type 18" messages when I choose Yes at the unreferenced samples option. Is it just an OS 9.2 thing?
it's common to you and me anyway I also haven't heard a work about the delete unreferenced files thing (Mac 9,2,1) maybe I didn't put in my correct registered customer name or something....I also asked them why they didn't put out a Long Version of the Manual...after all their manual really doesn't cover a lot of complex things I think, anyway.... good luck to you