Dedicated Ableton Program for iPad?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
poozer

Dedicated Ableton Program for iPad?

Post by poozer » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:56 am

Just checking if there are any rumors about something like this in the works. It would make a lot of sense. Live is built for a touch interface in my opinion, and it would make it better for performance.

infernal.machine

Re: Dedicated Ableton Program for iPad?

Post by infernal.machine » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:57 am

Lemur, TouchOSC, Touchable...

poozer

Post by poozer » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:58 am

infernal.machine wrote:Lemur, TouchOSC, Touchable...
I mean an actual standalone Live app. Where you can record and edit and sequence and do everything Live does on the PC, on the iPad. I don't see why it wouldn't work, tablets are getting fast processors now, and a dedicated app would be optimized to run well.

LoopTheory

Post by LoopTheory » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:03 pm

Try ELECTRIFY , has the same feel as Live might be what you are looking for

JannisPablo

Post by JannisPablo » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:50 pm

Never tryed it myself, but cubasis seams to be pretty Advanced, i'll hope one day Ableton brings something out like it....

squelcht

Post by squelcht » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:11 pm

This topic should be bumped & shove down the throats of Ableton's development staff. There is no - NO reason whatsoever why Ableton has not yet released some dedicated app for controlling Live. Or is there a reason? Of course! MONEY. They know they can work on a hardware dedicated controller (APC40, Push, Launchpad) & have some Taiwanese child assemble it for $5.00 & then market it for $500 retail & we're gonna shit our pants & just throw our credit cards to them - As where if they make an app they could only sell it for hmmm I dunno $50 maximum & not make anything close to huge profits in comparison. I'm hoping & pleading they release a dedicated app after the release of Push. When the APC40 was dropped on the market everyone went ape shit for a hardware session view clip controller & they spent hundreds & hundreds on it, even resorting to eBay to pay RIDICULOUS amounts for one. And then shortly after the Launchpad was released for fractions of the price & everyone felt punked. Don't get me wrong...Push is fucking sweet & I'm even tempted to pick one up (because that's the whole damn plan - throw the sheep some feed & they'll flock to nourish their material needs) BUT THE NEED FOR A DEDICATED IPAD CONTROLLER APP IS LONG FUCKING OVERDUE GUYS. Seeing how it took them 5 years to release a new version of Live I imagine we'll get to see a iPad app around 2016. Geezz you slack asses, get with the program & times. GET AHEAD OF THE GAME, NOT BEHIND. Rant over.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:22 pm

LoopTheory wrote:Try ELECTRIFY , has the same feel as Live might be what you are looking for
+1, it's basically a cut down version of Session view with some interesting tough functions for performance. Pretty well done actually.

poozer

Post by poozer » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:40 pm

Tarekith wrote:
LoopTheory wrote:Try ELECTRIFY , has the same feel as Live might be what you are looking for
+1, it's basically a cut down version of Session view with some interesting tough functions for performance. Pretty well done actually.
Thanks for the response but I am not really looking for a substitute. I am a diehard Live fan, and use it on PC. I was only wondering if there were rumors about tablet development. It seems like a very logical and profitable step.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:00 pm

squelcht wrote:This topic should be bumped & shove down the throats of Ableton's development staff. There is no - NO reason whatsoever why Ableton has not yet released some dedicated app for controlling Live. Or is there a reason? Of course! MONEY. They know they can work on a hardware dedicated controller (APC40, Push, Launchpad) & have some Taiwanese child assemble it for $5.00 & then market it for $500 retail & we're gonna shit our pants & just throw our credit cards to them - As where if they make an app they could only sell it for hmmm I dunno $50 maximum & not make anything close to huge profits in comparison. I'm hoping & pleading they release a dedicated app after the release of Push. When the APC40 was dropped on the market everyone went ape shit for a hardware session view clip controller & they spent hundreds & hundreds on it, even resorting to eBay to pay RIDICULOUS amounts for one. And then shortly after the Launchpad was released for fractions of the price & everyone felt punked. Don't get me wrong...Push is fucking sweet & I'm even tempted to pick one up (because that's the whole damn plan - throw the sheep some feed & they'll flock to nourish their material needs) BUT THE NEED FOR A DEDICATED IPAD CONTROLLER APP IS LONG FUCKING OVERDUE GUYS. Seeing how it took them 5 years to release a new version of Live I imagine we'll get to see a iPad app around 2016. Geezz you slack asses, get with the program & times. GET AHEAD OF THE GAME, NOT BEHIND. Rant over.
i think this is your longest post ever. :P

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:09 pm

Anything that is mentioned or asked on the internet more than 6 times by those in the know or just unsubstantiated speculating based on a wish is officially considered a rumor.

So yes, it is rumored.

You should also be sorely disappointed if it never happens. You were lead to believe it was going to happen....even more so if there is a completely fake concept video of it...even if it is clearly labeled as just a concept.

Psychoactive_Music

Post by Psychoactive_Music » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:57 pm

What about those laptops that work as a tablet when closed? they run windows 8 ... would live work with the touch screen on one of those laptops when folded...?

squelcht

Post by squelcht » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:06 pm

H20nly wrote:
squelcht wrote:This topic should be bumped & shove down the throats of Ableton's development staff. There is no - NO reason whatsoever why Ableton has not yet released some dedicated app for controlling Live. Or is there a reason? Of course! MONEY. They know they can work on a hardware dedicated controller (APC40, Push, Launchpad) & have some Taiwanese child assemble it for $5.00 & then market it for $500 retail & we're gonna shit our pants & just throw our credit cards to them - As where if they make an app they could only sell it for hmmm I dunno $50 maximum & not make anything close to huge profits in comparison. I'm hoping & pleading they release a dedicated app after the release of Push. When the APC40 was dropped on the market everyone went ape shit for a hardware session view clip controller & they spent hundreds & hundreds on it, even resorting to eBay to pay RIDICULOUS amounts for one. And then shortly after the Launchpad was released for fractions of the price & everyone felt punked. Don't get me wrong...Push is fucking sweet & I'm even tempted to pick one up (because that's the whole damn plan - throw the sheep some feed & they'll flock to nourish their material needs) BUT THE NEED FOR A DEDICATED IPAD CONTROLLER APP IS LONG FUCKING OVERDUE GUYS. Seeing how it took them 5 years to release a new version of Live I imagine we'll get to see a iPad app around 2016. Geezz you slack asses, get with the program & times. GET AHEAD OF THE GAME, NOT BEHIND. Rant over.
i think this is your longest post ever. :P
I think your right :lol:

squelcht

Post by squelcht » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:10 pm

ALSO I THINK ABLETON LIKES IT FROM BEHIND

:x

aioffermann

Post by aioffermann » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:42 pm

Muzik 4 Machines wrote:griid
I have limited experience with up but as far as I know, fuck nudging notes with that sheit. Or maybe thats Cliip. Can't remember.