Launchpad95: Instrument, Scales, Step Sequencer, Device Ctrl

Discuss Live-ready controllers other than Push.
S4racen

Re: Novation Launchpad Script with Stepsequencer and Device Ctrl

Post by S4racen » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:54 am

mots wrote:
rikrak wrote: @mots - Have you considered putting a 'donate' button on your site?
Hi,
At first I was against it, but after all, and some requests... why not !
So I just added a Flattr button.

http://motscousus.com/stuff/2011-07_Nov ... e_Scripts/
Good work!

Cheers
D

Nailosity

Post by Nailosity » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:33 am

I am loving this device. Excellent work! I've been inspired to learn Python... I can't even believe I'm saying that. Ha ha.

I do have a problem tho - the Device control seems to not be functioning at all. Q: is it for MIDI devices only, or any devices? Do I need to set something specifically in the I/O configuration? I've had much fun with the Step Seq. Would love to get the Device Control working; I can think of a gazillion applications.

Once again, many thanks - great work!
Life = Music
Neil Alexander a.k.a. THE NAIL
> MacBookPro/LIVE 8.3/Lotsa Keyboards:
http://www.nailmusic.com SITE
http://www.nailmusic1.tumblr.com TUMBLR
http://www.soundcloud.com/nailmusic SOUNDCLOUD
http://www.music.nailmusic.com CD's

GUY SMILEY

Post by GUY SMILEY » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:26 am

absolutely great addition to Launchpad. Should be integrated into the standard script imho. so inspiring

GUY SMILEY

Post by GUY SMILEY » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:51 am

This is great. Love the integration into the existing Launchpad functionality. seamless

oddstep

Post by oddstep » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:38 pm

nice. works a dream on 8.4 , tried it out on 9. 62 beta and got this..
242807 ms. RemoteScriptError: Traceback (most recent call last):

242811 ms. RemoteScriptError: File "MIDI Remote Scripts\Launchpad85\__init__.py", line 6, in create_instance

242813 ms. RemoteScriptError:
242815 ms. RemoteScriptError: return Launchpad(c_instance)

242818 ms. RemoteScriptError: File "MIDI Remote Scripts\Launchpad85\Launchpad.py", line 23, in __init__

242820 ms. RemoteScriptError:
242822 ms. RemoteScriptError: self.set_suppress_rebuild_requests(True)

242824 ms. RemoteScriptError: AttributeError
242827 ms. RemoteScriptError: :
242829 ms. RemoteScriptError: 'Launchpad' object has no attribute 'set_suppress_rebuild_requests'
242831 ms. RemoteScriptError:

242833 ms. Exception: Script could not be loaded.

which was a downer, just sayin'

mots

Post by mots » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:32 pm

oddstep wrote:nice. works a dream on 8.4 , tried it out on 9. 62 beta and got this..
242807 ms. RemoteScriptError: Traceback (most recent call last):

242811 ms. RemoteScriptError: File "MIDI Remote Scripts\Launchpad85\__init__.py", line 6, in create_instance

242813 ms. RemoteScriptError:
242815 ms. RemoteScriptError: return Launchpad(c_instance)

242818 ms. RemoteScriptError: File "MIDI Remote Scripts\Launchpad85\Launchpad.py", line 23, in __init__

242820 ms. RemoteScriptError:
242822 ms. RemoteScriptError: self.set_suppress_rebuild_requests(True)

242824 ms. RemoteScriptError: AttributeError
242827 ms. RemoteScriptError: :
242829 ms. RemoteScriptError: 'Launchpad' object has no attribute 'set_suppress_rebuild_requests'
242831 ms. RemoteScriptError:

242833 ms. Exception: Script could not be loaded.

which was a downer, just sayin'
Google Launchpad95. You should find the gihub page quickly :)
Download the zip. Extract. Rename to Launchpad95 (remove -master)
Drop in the usual folder. Restart live 9 and select Launchpad95 in the dropdown !

Have fun !

(Due to the new smart snap of notes in live 9 moving notes in the clip editor duplicates notes. Trying to find a solution for this)

BenAtWork

Post by BenAtWork » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:23 am

mots wrote: hi !

i finally found some time to work on it and added the feature you mention. while you extend the clip it will clone existing notes in the newly created portion of the midi clip. It detect which portion of the clip should be duplicated based on the assumption most clip follow a looping size of a power of 2. (2, 4, 8, 16 etc).

You can download the package there : http://motscousus.com/stuff/2011-07_Nov ... hpad85.zip
The documentation is available at : http://motscousus.com/stuff/2011-07_Nov ... e_Scripts/

have fun and thanks for the suggestion !
Amazing. Sorry for such a late reply on this but I've been busy with another project and this one got put on hold. Gave the update a go, very cool. Much more flexible for live. I think it's easy to confuse the doubling conditions (doubling, retreating, editing and doubling again, using your mouse to mess with stuff etc) but I understand this would be a total headache anyway. Definitely still cool to have as is. Gave that donation button a mighty push for you sir.

I find now I'm using a mixture of the regular User 1 mode to play stuff in and the sequencer to tweak. Or even vice versa, the versatility is great. Where I think it would be cool to see this go is like enabling more of the live play stuff. Like I mapped one of the scene launch buttons to overdub in User 1, but I don't know how to make the LED feedback. In a similar token it would be cool to have the User 1 mode light up the buttons you played in but only whilst in this mode and only for the currently selected / armed track. A bit outside the original "step sequencer" scope I know but I'm dreaming of the ultimate Launchpad device I think.

Actually one other thing that could stop me needing my mouse, duplicating clips. Happens quite a bit when I'm working on drum stuff. Or even just dropping in the default two bar ones (hitting a new clip on a record armed track starts a clip going indefinitely, until stopped. Which you have no control on your lpad to do).

These are just my wish-list pile but really this is super awesome. Keep up the great work.

dave dominey

Post by dave dominey » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:31 pm

great to be able to use this in the live 9 beta

helps relieve my push gas

mots

Post by mots » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:30 am

Hi all !

I just published the updated version of Launchpad85 for Live 9, AKA Launchpad95 !

http://motscousus.com/stuff/2011-07_Nov ... e_Scripts/

enjoy !

Ubik

Post by Ubik » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:08 pm

Hello, i can't get it working in Live 9.0.1, when i select launchpad 95 in the device preferences my launchpad doesn't light up. (With standard launchpad remote script it's works)

Ubik

Post by Ubik » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:15 pm

Nevermind, i downloaded it twice and didn't notice the folder had been rename launchpad95-1, works perfectly ! Thanks !

Ubik

Post by Ubik » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:43 pm

It seems there's a bug in the live 9 remote script. In the user1 device mode if a press any button of the 3rd row (counting from bottom, the trk on row) it turn the tracks on/off.
Has anyone else experienced the same behavior ?

pepezabala

Post by pepezabala » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:09 am

Ubik wrote:It seems there's a bug in the live 9 remote script. In the user1 device mode if a press any button of the 3rd row (counting from bottom, the trk on row) it turn the tracks on/off.
Has anyone else experienced the same behavior ?
this has been reported a couple of times on the beta forum. It's not a bug of this script, it seems to be a bug of Live9 as it happens also without using the script.

Ubik

Post by Ubik » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:46 pm

ok, sorry didn't know that. I also noticed that if i midi map a key of my midi keyboard, one pad of the launchpad will stay green in session mode (bit a of a bummer when you're triggering clips)

mebitek

Post by mebitek » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:05 am

Really great work man!
I have bought the launchpad since 3 days and i installed your script as first thing.
I just do not understand how change notes length.
Another thing is to change the original mixer control.when you enter the mixer
You have the upper half part of launchpad green without function. Is it possible to merge the session view in the mixer so you can launch clips from mixer view?

Thanks again
Regards
Maschine MK2 - Komplete 10u - KKS25 - Kontrol F1 - Behringer UB802 - Alto CLE 4.0 - Fluid Audio C5W - w7 64bit on Sonux DAW i7-4790 16GB RAM
https://mebitek.bandcamp.com - http://www.mebitek.com