Max For Live?

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
PatrickReza

Max For Live?

Post by PatrickReza » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:50 am

I just purchased Ableton Live Suite 8 and I don't see the Max for Live plugins in Ableton?! Any help would be much appreciated!

Timbeaux

Re: Max For Live?

Post by Timbeaux » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:19 pm

m4l isnt in live 8 suite integrated. in live 9 suite it is.

PatrickReza

Post by PatrickReza » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:27 pm

so how do i get it to work in suite 8? i downloaded the max 5 demo and I only have two options.

Run

Ableton Suite 8
or
Ableton Suite 8 + Max For Live (without Authorization) ??

WHY CANT I USED MAX FOR LIVE WITH AUTHORIZATION? I have a fully authorized copy of ableton and yet I don't get the option to use the max for live content...? :(

Timbeaux

Post by Timbeaux » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:50 pm

sorry i got no idea, never tried max4live. i use vsynth modular.

crumhorn

Post by crumhorn » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:05 pm

After installing Max you need a license to use it - You need a Max license to run it stand alone or a Max for Live license to run it inside Live.

For Live 8 you need to purchase a Max for Live license as a separate item. In Live 9 it is included in the suite price.

If you bought Live 8 suite since Live 9 was announced you will get a free upgrade to 9 suite when it comes out AFAIK
"The banjo is the perfect instrument for the antisocial."

(Allow me to plug my guitar scale visualiser thingy - www.fretlearner.com)

artpunk

Post by artpunk » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:05 pm

PatrickReza wrote:I just purchased Ableton Live Suite 8 and I don't see the Max for Live plugins in Ableton?! Any help would be much appreciated!
You just purchased Ableton Live Suite 8? But not Max for Live (which uses Max but is different from Max)? Am I reading that correctly?

As I said Max is not Max for Live - read here: http://cycling74.com/faq-maxforlive/

Max for Live is not included in Live Suite in version 8. It is included in Live 9 Suite when it is released. If you just bought Suite 8 then you will have an automatic free upgrade to Live 9 Suite with included Max for Live.

I don't know if there is a trial version of Max for Live... Perhaps that is the 'without authorisation' option, but don't worry, your suite authorisation is still valid. When Live 9 is released you will be ble to download and use Max for Live, fully authorised.

“... it was just to make an average listener go: ‘What the fuck is this?’ That’s a real inspiration for me and something that I will explore more on upcoming recordings.”
- Wally De Backer (Gotye) quoting Ween's intention behind making records

PatrickReza

Post by PatrickReza » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:25 pm

I'm running 8.3.4 if that helps with the newest demo of Max5 (which includes max for live which I installed.)

login

Post by login » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:33 pm

Try to sign in to the Live 9 beta and you will be able to use Live suite with m4l !

live_is_live

Post by live_is_live » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:23 pm

I use the demo and in live options ->file folder you can press the link to get max version. It show on a Max version 5 with max for live. and as far i understand the FAQ max 5 for live is free. i donwload it and it work.

http://cycling74.com/downloads/maxforlive/

kinkajou

Post by kinkajou » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:29 pm

PatrickReza wrote:Ableton Suite 8 + Max For Live (without Authorization) ??
THIS!
PatrickReza wrote:WHY CANT I USED MAX FOR LIVE WITH AUTHORIZATION? I have a fully authorized copy of ableton and yet I don't get the option to use the max for live content...? :(
you have a fully authorized copy of Ableton LIVE not Max4Live - you have to buy it ;)