iPad

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
beats me

Re: iPad

Post by beats me » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:55 pm

db120 wrote:
beats me wrote:
db120 wrote:infinifolders

What is that?

:x
Allows you to put more than the standard amount of apps in one folder and folders within folders for the fiends.

That sounds EPIC. I really hope Apple allows that by default at some point. I loath my "Synths 1" and "Synths 2" folders.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:07 pm

db120 wrote:Allows you to put more than the standard amount of apps in one folder and folders within folders for the fiends.

*scratches head*

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:24 pm

H20nly wrote:
db120 wrote:Allows you to put more than the standard amount of apps in one folder and folders within folders for the fiends.

*scratches head*

APPROPRIATE WIT RESPONSE!

:P

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:07 pm

Some developer needs to make a controller app for Logic like this one for FPC.

8O

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:26 pm

^ nice. i'm glad you're on the subject of controller apps... because i was just coming here to steer you in that direction any way. :D

last night i downloaded an app for my loaner iPhone that has now become myPhone. it's called Rowmote Pro. it claims it can run Logic as one of the many applications listed. i was able to launch Live and Cubase with it (both accidentally), but i don't have Logic... *shrugs*... i think the reason it could launch them was because they are in the dock more so than it integrating with them in any meaningful way. anywaaaaay... i was wondering if you are familiar with this app or any like it. the way my apartment is setup these days allows me to use my iMac as a TV (netflix portal) and i was hoping this application would allow me to pause/play/stop netflix... i couldn't get it to do that. it just kept playing iTunes :x it was rated 5 stars and the list of applications it claims to be able to control was impressive... i wasn't impressed though. :x i don't need/want to launch apps remotely... i want to USE them :x :x

any advice, hints, suggestions or experience with this app or others that may get me where i'm trying to go??
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

rikhyray

Post by rikhyray » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:35 pm

There are free and paid remotes for nearly everything, including netflix. The basic functions are usually included in "light" versions the paid ones would mostly let me do things I do not intend to.

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:39 pm

H20nly wrote:^ nice. i'm glad you're on the subject of controller apps... because i was just coming here to steer you in that direction any way. :D

last night i downloaded an app for my loaner iPhone that has now become myPhone. it's called Rowmote Pro. it claims it can run Logic as one of the many applications listed. i was able to launch Live and Cubase with it (both accidentally), but i don't have Logic... *shrugs*... i think the reason it could launch them was because they are in the dock more so than it integrating with them in any meaningful way. anywaaaaay... i was wondering if you are familiar with this app or any like it. the way my apartment is setup these days allows me to use my iMac as a TV (netflix portal) and i was hoping this application would allow me to pause/play/stop netflix... i couldn't get it to do that. it just kept playing iTunes :x it was rated 5 stars and the list of applications it claims to be able to control was impressive... i wasn't impressed though. :x i don't need/want to launch apps remotely... i want to USE them :x :x

any advice, hints, suggestions or experience with this app or others that may get me where i'm trying to go??

I don’t think there is any app that can control something that is played through a web browser. I have a $99 solution for you. Get an Apple TV. That has Netflix built-in and can be controlled by an iPhone.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:42 pm

yeah i thought about that on Superbowl Sunday (when the laptop was being a little bitch)... i don't know if i'm that dedicated though. i have 2 Wii, 2 Xbox, a Blu-ray player, a TV, a Windows laptop, and the iMac all with their own independant capability of playing Netflix in one way or another. besides working with a 5 dollar remote app what value add would an Apple TV contribute?

on another note... Netflix is playing on these devices by using Silverlight so that might need to be what is controlled. i wonder if there is an app for that :?: :idea: :x

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:24 pm

Reviews are starting to trickle in for the new Surface Pro.

Mixed bag, as usual.

Overall consensus? Win8 sucks ass.

:lol:
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:31 pm

H20nly wrote:yeah i thought about that on Superbowl Sunday (when the laptop was being a little bitch)... i don't know if i'm that dedicated though. i have 2 Wii, 2 Xbox, a Blu-ray player, a TV, a Windows laptop, and the iMac all with their own independant capability of playing Netflix in one way or another. besides working with a 5 dollar remote app what value add would an Apple TV contribute?

on another note... Netflix is playing on these devices by using Silverlight so that might need to be what is controlled. i wonder if there is an app for that :?: :idea: :x

Yeah, an Apple TV really would be redundant given everything else you have. The only other advantage would be if you have a lot of movies or TV shows in your iTunes library you want to watch. Wait, no. You could still just watch those using iTunes on your iMac and the remote app would work. Ignore my advice unless you have a TV in another room you want to have access to all that.

It really does feel like stepping back into the stone age when I’m watching a movie on my Mini through a projector and surround sound stereo but I have to get out of my damn recliner if I want to pause or play the thing. :x

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:33 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:Reviews are starting to trickle in for the new Surface Pro.

Mixed bag, as usual.

Overall consensus? Win8 sucks ass.

:lol:

I love when they try to gloss over fact filled negative points by concluding “it’s just too ahead of its time”. :lol:

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:36 pm

:D well at least it's not

Komodovaran

Post by Komodovaran » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:51 pm

Wether you have an iPad or a Surface, you can always clean it with this:

http://www.stuff.tv/news/life-etc/news- ... and-tablet

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:02 pm

H20nly wrote::D well at least it's not

I remember having one of the first VCRs that had a wired remote with a 20' cable. :lol:

Maybe they have a USB version of that now for computers. :x

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:03 pm

Komodovaran wrote:Wether you have an iPad or a Surface, you can always clean it with this:

http://www.stuff.tv/news/life-etc/news- ... and-tablet

AWESOME. 8O