An all round solid EQ VST

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
footsy

Re: An all round solid EQ VST

Post by footsy » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:09 am

d.reamonn wrote:I like using EQ8. EQ8 allows to cut the bass on some tracks, and boost the highs on others. Since it's native and not a VST, you can use as many instances as you like! I love EQ8!!!!
It's good now that they implemented the spectrum into it. That was a PAAAAAAAAAAAAIN to keep switching back and forth on that... (that is if you put the spectrum in the Master only)
"A Positive mind is the Key to success" - Tydi

SpeedKing

Post by SpeedKing » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:27 pm

footsy wrote:
d.reamonn wrote:I like using EQ8. EQ8 allows to cut the bass on some tracks, and boost the highs on others. Since it's native and not a VST, you can use as many instances as you like! I love EQ8!!!!
It's good now that they implemented the spectrum into it. That was a PAAAAAAAAAAAAIN to keep switching back and forth on that... (that is if you put the spectrum in the Master only)
Yeah, it's one change that makes a big difference. That and the "audition" part of the new EQ8 in Live9 so that you can HEAR ONLY the parts of the spectrum that will change, in real time, as you're making your changes. That is handy.

FrancisBegbie

Post by FrancisBegbie » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:14 pm

Fabfilter Pro Q is a very good choice for ableton live.
The plugin run stable and sound very good.

If you like a new and fresh style of minimal techno check out my sounds
https://soundcloud.com/layer-cake/chri- ... nschwinger
thx!
Best regards
Begbie

d.reamonn

Post by d.reamonn » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:21 pm

Fabfilter Pro Q is great for Ableton, but not so good for Cubase. If you're using Logic, I'd recommend something else entirely.

Here's a link to the Swiss Dominos Pizza site:
http://www.dominos.ch
fnx!
Spudboy
https://soundcloud.com/maybe-logic

"I wanted to not like your [music], but it's actually pretty awesome. Banana hammock."
- eddiex

agent314

Post by agent314 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:08 pm

I like how the developer who helped re-work the current EQ8 is dropping knowledge bombs right in the thread and nobody says anything

agent314

Post by agent314 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:10 pm

On point, I am really digging the new EQ8 in Live 9. I was lukewarm towards it before (esp. when automating), and the lack of a spectrum was a pain in the butt,
but it's the only one I've used (minus a couple of Bootsie plugs for color) for the past two months, and it's been fantastic

d.reamonn

Post by d.reamonn » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:35 pm

agent314 wrote:I like how the developer who helped re-work the current EQ8 is dropping knowledge bombs right in the thread and nobody says anything
Please explain.

"I wanted to not like your [music], but it's actually pretty awesome. Banana hammock."
- eddiex

Nokatus

Post by Nokatus » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:45 pm

d.reamonn wrote:
agent314 wrote:I like how the developer who helped re-work the current EQ8 is dropping knowledge bombs right in the thread and nobody says anything
Please explain.
Check Andy's post on page 1 ;)

XSIMan

Post by XSIMan » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:58 am

DMG Audio Equick is a digital and a linear EQ His new EQ I'm exited about because it will put Equick and Equality and lots of other things into one EQ that you can customise to what you want to work with. I think the only reason to buy another EQ to Live 9 Eq is just for different controls more bands or a bigger GUI to work in.

Andy's Cytomic glue compressor gets a lot of praise in all the forums I go in just having his name in Live 9 adds a lot of value to Live. I believe DAWs are just jack of all trades and only master of workflow so I use only third party plugins. Cytomic The Glue compressor and his EQ just makes Live the best in those areas and workflow now.

Upright

Post by Upright » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:53 pm

The new EQ 8 is awesome....it reminds me of the fab filter EQ. Also, I pick up the Waves EQ-10 for $9 dollars during their Christmas sale...it's an amazing EQ.

d.reamonn

Post by d.reamonn » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:55 pm

Nokatus wrote:
d.reamonn wrote:
Please explain.
Check Andy's post on page 1 ;)
Me: "Derp."

- eddiex

agent314

Post by agent314 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:06 pm

I was playing around with EQ8 some more last night, automating sweeps and whatnot, and I can't get over how nice it sounds.

After spending some time, I think I like it as a filter more than Autofilter. Only thing it lacks is an LFO, and the Max tool takes care of that and more.

d.reamonn

Post by d.reamonn » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:52 pm

agent314 wrote:I was playing around with EQ8 some more last night, automating sweeps and whatnot, and I can't get over how nice it sounds.

After spending some time, I think I like it as a filter more than Autofilter. Only thing it lacks is an LFO, and the Max tool takes care of that and more.
I used it exclusively as my filter until RP-Distort came along. Even now I like to break it out on occasion.

- eddiex

agent314

Post by agent314 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:04 pm

Before LIve 9, I didn't like how it sounded when using it for sweeps.

Now, it is smooooooth

d.reamonn

Post by d.reamonn » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:13 pm

agent314 wrote:Before LIve 9, I didn't like how it sounded when using it for sweeps.

Now, it is smooooooth
You have better ears than me... but are you as pretty?

- eddiex